You came to this on your own or someone suggested, and you are wondering if it is possible to arrange fasting days during pregnancy. In general, it can be answered that yes, and in some cases it is even very necessary. But it happens the other way around: for many expectant mothers any unloading is contraindicated. So everything is individual. However, let's talk about everything in order.
Rules and recommendations for fasting days for pregnant women
In fact, fasting days should be prescribed by doctors. And this is usually done with excess or unevenly increasing weight, with swelling and other manifestations of gestosis. But often future mothers themselves decide to arrange unloading for themselves - as a preventative measure or with excess weight, from their point of view. This, in principle, is also not bad, much better than coming back to normal after months of giving birth. And during delivery, extra pounds are not at all beneficial. But you should know that you can arrange fasting days during the period of bearing a child only after the 28th week of pregnancy, when all the main organs and systems of the baby are already formed. “Unloading” can be done no more than once every 7-10 days. And in any case, you must first consult about this opportunity personally for you and about the most suitable fasting day.
In general, it is recommended to alternate between different fasting days, thus providing a variety of substances entering (and not entering) the body.
Mandatory rule on this day: the entire portion of relying products should be divided into 5-6 identical servings, which you need to eat at regular intervals. Chew food carefully, slowly, without rushing: only this way it will be well absorbed and bring greater saturation. Also on this day you need to drink at least 2 liters of clean water. With an irresistible feeling of hunger, it is recommended to drink a glass of low-fat yogurt or kefir.
It is believed that fasting days are best arranged on the same day of the week: this way the body will be easier to perceive nutritional restrictions, preparing in advance for the upcoming cleaning.
Is it possible to do fasting days during pregnancy
It is not only possible, but also necessary to unload the body while the child is waiting. Such days are spent according to the testimony of the doctor leading the pregnancy. It is unacceptable to prescribe a diet for yourself. A woman throughout the entire period should receive a sufficient amount of vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, proteins.
Fasting days for pregnant women and nutritional adjustment are aimed at facilitating the work of organs, improving metabolism, getting rid of excess fluid, and improving anabolic processes. The wrong approach, the fear of spoiling the figure and a hungry diet can lead to a deplorable outcome.
When is a fasting day needed?
- With gestosis in early and late pregnancy. Complications can lead to premature birth, fetal hypoxia, or placental abruption. In particular danger are women suffering from hypertension, kidney, liver, pathologies of the endocrine system.
- Gestational obesity is another indication for fasting days. Gestational diabetes is accompanied by impaired blood flow. This can cause obesity in the fetus. This is especially true for children whose weight exceeds 4 kg.
- Doctors often advise spending fasting days every week if the expectant mother gains weight too quickly.. The norm is an increase of 300-500 g per week. If a woman recovers more, then “unloading” will not hurt.
- Fasting days during pregnancy are indicated for fluid retention in the body and edema.
Options for fasting days during pregnancy
There are many different options for unloading during pregnancy. Doctors advise choosing single fasting days without resorting to longer diets.
It can be meat, kefir, dairy and other fasting days. But the most useful for pregnant women are fruit, vegetable and juice:
- Apple day: throughout the day you can eat 1.5-2 kilograms of apples in pure form or as a salad with the addition of olive oil and lemon juice, for example, as well as greens or celery and parsley roots. You can bake apples and sprinkle with cinnamon, but not sweeten.
- Watermelon day: 1.5 kilograms of watermelon pulp per day. Do not forget about water.
Can pregnant women do fasting days
In the old fashioned way, some women believe that pregnant women should eat for two. However, medicine does not stand still, and modern doctors, unlike grandmothers, believe that nutrition should be moderate, proper with a full set of vitamins and minerals. Overeating can harm not only the body of a young mother, but also provoke some pathologies in the baby. Extremes are not needed: a strict diet is dangerous for the body, but unloading for pregnant women will be very useful.
Doctors recommend arranging one day of unloading per week. This will not harm the baby, he will receive all the necessary nutrition from the mother's body. With the help of fasting days, a woman will be able to control the weight gain and then it will not be necessary to choose emergency diets after childbirth. You should not expect a quick effect from unloading. Tune in to long-term weight loss in 3-4 months, then per month, weight loss is on average up to 500 grams.
If the fasting day is carried out correctly, all rules and recommendations are followed, then all the necessary substances (proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, microelements) will be received by the woman, and normal metabolism will be maintained. Thanks to unloading, metabolism improves, the intestines are cleaned of toxins, enzyme activity is regulated, swelling goes away due to improved kidney function.
Uncontrolled diets along with overeating can lead to impaired fetal development, since restrictions and drastic changes in nutrition are stress for the body. For unloading, there must be certain indications and the consent of the doctor. It is recommended to carry them out starting from the seventh month (28 weeks) of pregnancy, when in fact the body of the unborn child is formed.
Rules for holding fasting days
Unloading girls in position, appoint qualified medical workers in several cases:
- Unevenly growing weight
- The occurrence of swelling of the face or limbs
- With the onset of primary signs of gestosis
This is necessary in order for the delivery to be successful and without complications. If a woman, when planning pregnancy and during gestation, arranges for herself to unload herself, then she needs to discuss the menu with the attending physician. Since scientists learned that a fasting day during pregnancy can cause weight loss of up to 800 kg daily, it often removes excess fluid from the body.
Indications for unloading the body
The main indication is a sharp weight gain. With a normal pregnancy, a woman adds up to 12 kg. They consist of the weight of the child, amniotic fluid, a child’s place, the necessary set of adipose tissue, breast enlargement. Not every woman fits into the set standards. Often they have been reached by the third trimester, and by 40 weeks the increase can reach 20 or more kilograms.
In addition, there are other indications for fasting days:
- Obesity. This also includes the risk of gestational diabetes in pregnant women, in which the fetal blood flow is disturbed.
- Gestosis. The main signs: increased blood pressure, swelling of the extremities, the presence of protein in the urine.
- Fast weight gain. If the average increase exceeds 0.5 kg per week, the doctor may prescribe a special diet or one fasting day.
- Constipation, disruption in the digestive tract.
After a fasting day, a pregnant woman should have a sharp weight loss. If edema was observed, then the mass may decrease immediately by 1-2 kg. Mostly water comes out. In the following days, part of the weight will return, which is natural. Systematic holding of fasting days will positively affect the condition of the fetus, and a woman will help maintain a slim figure.
Go to the scales!
Weight gain is a constant concern for expectant mothers. Are the increases going too fast? Does the baby have enough nutrition? Will I be able to lose weight later? Often, doctors observing pregnancy add fuel to this fire - sometimes it seems that they are personally interested in the expectant mother to maintain a slim figure and gain as little as possible during the gestation period.
How to organize a fasting day
In order not to harm your baby, you should follow a few rules:
- It is recommended to start holding fasting days only in the third trimester. It is by the 28th week that all organs and systems are formed in the child, so a small diet will not bring harm to the fetus.
- During pregnancy, you should not "unload" more than once every 7-10 days. Reviews of pregnant women suggest that with one fasting day a week you can get rid of 3-5 extra pounds in 2-2.5 months.
- If you gain weight too quickly, you need to arrange fasting days regularly. “Unloading” must be done once a week. Thus, in a month (that is, four unloading days), you can get rid of 0.5 kg. excess weight. This is not so much, but adhering to this system, you will not gain weight in excess of the norm. To make the fasting day more efficient, it is recommended to use a large amount of water.
- Divide the required amount of food into 5-6 receptions. So you can avoid overeating and discomfort in the stomach, which is often observed in pregnant women.
- During the fasting days of the pregnant woman, you should not limit yourself to drinking water. And it’s best not to drink tea or coffee, but clean water. It is recommended to drink at least 1.5 liters. It is also worth supplementing the drinking regime with a decoction of wild rose (up to 0.5 l.).
- The norm is loss in weight for one fasting day up to 800 g. This is facilitated by the rejection of salt and sugar, which trap fluid in the body.
In 1 trimester
Subject to the rules of healthy eating, moderate exercise, the weight gain of a woman in the first trimester should not exceed 350 grams per week. It is important to control your weight, especially if the woman is already plump or prone to gain weight. The early pregnancy diet provides for the rational inclusion in the menu of foods rich in protein, complex carbohydrates, polyunsaturated fats, folic acid, iron, calcium and magnesium.
If a woman begins to gain weight more than 600 grams, then she should think about unloading. This is important for normalizing body weight. Curd and kefir days are useful, to reduce swelling it is better to eat baked potatoes with sour cream, white meat. At different stages of pregnancy, a woman may have new eating habits. Doctors advise to follow their desires, but in moderation. In the early stages, the diet may not change in any way.
From the fourth week on, the unborn child forms the cardiovascular system, and the mother wants foods high in iron (apples, liver, buckwheat). At the sixth week, the nervous system, the brain begins to form, which requires cholesterol, and mom will want to eat butter. In the eighth week, do not be surprised if you want sour, yeast bread or muffin. So the embryo requires vitamin E and organic acids.
- Unloading can be arranged only after 29 weeks of pregnancy. At this time, the systems and organs of the unborn child were formed, therefore, the rejection of some food will not become dangerous for its further development.
- To carry out unloading, it is necessary according to a certain system or frequency, not more than 1 time in 10 days. Basically, doctors advise a woman to do unloading according to the system, so the body will not be stressed, therefore, the future mother will not feel well.
- If pronounced toxicosis is observed, then you will have to give up fasting days. Every expectant mother knows that hunger reinforces nausea. In this case, you need to consult a nutritionist and gynecologist. He will determine how to unload, without abandoning the usual food.
- It is necessary to alternate different unloading - this will saturate the body with the necessary, useful, nutrients.
Thus, it is possible to summarize and answer the question "Is it possible to make a fasting day during pregnancy"? Naturally, however, it is necessary to listen to the recommendations and advice of specialists.
The control weight gain during pregnancy is necessary. Overweight before pregnancy or an excessively high rate of increase increase the risks of various pathologies: gestational diabetes (pregnant diabetes), gestosis (its symptoms are swelling, increased pressure and protein in the urine) and even obesity in a future baby. If any of these complications has already manifested, or the pregnant woman is rapidly gaining weight, the doctor will recommend regular (but not more than once a week) unloading days - during the day, limit the menu in composition and calories.
Types of fasting days
Fasting days during pregnancy can be of two types - “hungry” and “well-fed”. If you don’t like to radically change your diet (even pursuing good goals), you should choose a “full discharge”. We offer several menu options for a change. The total calorie content of each day varies from 800 to 1000 kcal.
In the second trimester
From the fourth to the sixth month of pregnancy, the baby is actively growing, the mother’s body is under tremendous strain, so you need to strictly control your diet so as not to overload your organs due to excess weight. Unloading in the 2nd trimester is necessary. Cholesterol-containing foods should be reduced to facilitate liver function. It is better to refrain from food that causes allergies - strawberries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, exotic fruits. It is better to give preference to apples, dairy products.
Contraindication of fasting days
You can not spend a fasting day during pregnancy if you have the following problems:
- deficiency or low weight before pregnancy,
- a variety of chronic ailments, during which low-calorie nutrition is prohibited.
In the presence of such problems, doctors prohibit expectant mothers from spending fasting days during pregnancy in the third trimester.
- fasting day on kefir during pregnancy is contraindicated for girls who suffer from varying degrees of obesity, atherosclerosis,
- It is forbidden to use the fasting day on cucumbers during pregnancy if there are peculiar jumps in blood pressure,
- watermelon, is contraindicated in the period of exacerbation of various ailments associated with the kidneys and with exacerbation of hypertension,
- meat unloading is prohibited if there are chronic abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system.
Therefore, choosing this or that type of unloading, it is necessary to consult qualified specialists who, having studied the patient’s medical history and pregnancy, will prescribe the necessary and effective unloading.
Of course, during pregnancy, the weight will certainly grow and this is good and right, because this is the future baby grows and develops. But how to determine whether physiological weight gain or gain is too rapid? It is important to understand that the universal figure of the “ideal gain” does not exist. Normal weight gain depends on the initial weight of the woman, her body mass index (BMI). It is calculated as follows: weight before (!) Pregnancy in kg, you need to divide the height in meters squared. For example: 72 kg: (1.68 * 1.68) = 25.5. A BMI of 19 to 25 is considered normal. Do you have less than 19? Lack of weight - you are shown more substantial gains. More than 25? Overweight - you will have to monitor the increases during pregnancy especially closely and it is very likely that fasting days will be prescribed for you.
When and how often can you arrange fasting days during pregnancy?
Fasting days during pregnancy can be arranged no more than once every 7-10 days. It is believed that fasting days during pregnancy are best arranged on the same day of the week: this way the body develops a habit and it will be easier to perceive food restrictions. In general, it is recommended to alternate between different fasting days, thus ensuring the variety and balance of the diet. And in any case, you must first consult with your doctor what discharge options will be most suitable for you and if you have any contraindications for them.
In the third trimester
In recent months, the baby has already been fully formed, is gaining weight, and mom’s body begins to prepare for a joyful event. At this time, nutrition should be complete, rational, as in the second trimester. Unloading in the 3rd trimester is carried out mainly on fish of low-fat varieties. If desired, they can be made on stewed or fresh vegetables. Days are acceptable in fruit salads with yogurt or kefir.
How to spend pregnant days off?
The entire amount of food that can be eaten during the fasting day should be divided into 5-6 equal servings. It is advisable to eat at regular intervals. Chew food while carefully, slowly, without rushing: the only way it will be well absorbed and bring greater saturation. If there is an irresistible feeling of hunger from a habit, you can additionally drink a glass of low-fat yogurt or kefir. And do not forget to drink enough water throughout the day: 2–2.5 liters of water is recommended until the 20th week of pregnancy, from 1.5 to 21 liters from the 21st to 29th week, and we restrict it a bit from the 30th liquid up to 1.2–1.5 l (do not use more to avoid swelling, to reduce the burden on the kidneys and liver, and to prevent gestosis).
The main types of fasting days
For pregnant women, the fastest days are fasting days on kefir, buckwheat and apples. These products are not only able to satisfy the hunger, but also do not allow you to lose energy, despite its low calorie content. In addition, they are rich in substances necessary for a pregnant woman: vitamins, minerals, beneficial bacteria.
Indications for fasting days
The nutrition of the future mother implies moderation. It’s not worth overeating, but you don’t need to limit yourself much in something. However, doctors sometimes prescribe fasting days for a woman.
The main indications for fasting days:
- Gestosis. The complication may be placental abruption, delayed fetal development, reduction in the amount of nutrients and oxygen received by the baby, as well as trauma and convulsions during childbirth,
- Fast weight gain. In a normal state, a woman’s weight increases by 300-500 g weekly, and for the entire period of pregnancy, the weight gained is not more than 12 kg. The exception is women with weight loss before pregnancy. In this case, they can gain more than the specified weight,
- Obesity. And both before conception, and during pregnancy. Excess weight can provoke gestational diabetes mellitus, as a result of which the blood flow is disturbed and there is a risk of obesity in the baby. Large children weighing more than 4 kg are especially prone to this,
- Constipation, disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract,
- Shortness of breath
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases (especially liver and kidney)
- Heart and vascular disease.
When fasting days are prescribed - whether
For expectant mothers, the following conditions are indications for practicing fasting days during pregnancy:
- Obesity. If a woman is diagnosed before pregnancy, she should carefully monitor her diet for the entire period of bearing the baby. It is necessary to arrange unloading regularly so as not to overweight further, since being overweight is a great risk of birth injuries, further development of diabetes mellitus, and gestosis.
- Gestosis - disorders in the early or late stages, leading to placental abruption, premature birth, fetal hypoxia, which will subsequently adversely affect the health of the mother and baby.
- Fast weight gain is a direct recommendation for the introduction of fasting days.
- Swelling. It complicates the work of many body systems, exacerbates the general condition, causes discomfort.
The main thing is not to starve
So, gynecologists recommend fasting days to women with overweight, “speedy” increases and certain pregnancy pathologies. Why do they choose this particular method? Adhering to a strict diet (if there is no direct evidence) and a chronic feeling of hunger and dissatisfaction with the life of the expectant mother will definitely not benefit - this leads to a deterioration in mood and well-being, but also to “breakdowns” and overeating. Fasting days for pregnant women are a completely different matter. As a rule, doctors recommend quite “tasty” and “satisfying” recipes for such discharge. Two golden principles of the daily menu on such a day: minimum calories, maximum digestibility.
Positive and negative sides
Unloading day should be carried out correctly. Just then, it will help to get rid of extra pounds and at the same time will provide the woman in position and her fetus with the necessary nutrients.
In addition, unloading will help:
- to establish the functioning of metabolism
- cope with excess fluid
- normalize blood pressure
- get rid of swelling of the face and limbs
- strengthen the immune system
In the early stages of pregnancy, subject to the normal course of pregnancy, a girl can gain about 3 kg in weight, but at the same time remain in optimal shape for her. Doctors note that in the first half of gestation, the expectant mother gains 40% in weight, and the remaining 60 percent, weight gain occurs after reaching 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is important to note that weight gain is not the result of excessive and over-calorie malnutrition, but the girl’s lifestyle, the functioning of the endocrine system, and the vascular system.
The fasting day during pregnancy, is prescribed when such symptoms occur:
- swelling of the extremities
- manifestation of shortness of breath during moderate walking
- a sharp increase or decrease in blood pressure
- the appearance of disorders in the functional activity of the cardiovascular systems
Such symptoms indicate a deterioration in the health of the expectant mother, thereby increasing the likelihood of pathological deviations in the development and growth of the fetus.
The most popular type of one-day diet, which allows not only to free the body from all that is superfluous, but also to normalize stool. For the fasting day, only fresh kefir is used. It is unacceptable to use a fermented milk drink two or three days old. Otherwise, it can cause constipation. It is allowed to replace kefir with natural yogurt, sourdough, fermented baked milk.
For a day, a woman needs to consume 1.5 liters of a fermented milk product having a fat content above 1.5%. As an additive, it is allowed to introduce into the diet up to 0.5 kg of cottage cheese.
Advice! If the goal of kefir day is to get rid of constipation, you can add a little steamed prunes to the drink or additionally use compote from this dried fruit brewed in a thermos.
Often, pregnant women themselves experiment with food and enter fasting days. Do not categorically do this, because this procedure has a number of contraindications:
- Weight deficit before pregnancy,
- Some chronic diseases, such as diabetes,
- Some gastrointestinal diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
With caution, you need to approach the question, if there is:
- bronchial asthma,
- food allergies
- endocrine diseases.
It is important to remember that pregnant women are strictly contraindicated in strict diets, starvation, unbalanced mono-diets.
If you like fruit, then you will like this option of “unloading”. For a fruit day, you will need 1 kg. ripe fruits and berries, as well as salad dressing in the form of low-calorie natural yogurt (or 10-15% sour cream). Divide the total amount of healthy salad into 4 meals, and half an hour before bedtime, drink a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt.
To reduce weight
Over the entire period, a healthy woman should not gain more than 12 kg. If a woman has always been excessively thin, then a few kilograms will be added to the normal weight gain. So our body itself regulates body weight, catching it up to the norm, creating all the conditions for bearing a child. The weight of a pregnant woman in the sum consists of the body weight of the woman, the weight of the child, the placenta, amniotic fluid, additional blood volume, breast enlargement. To maintain hormonal balance, the body fat also becomes larger.
A stable gain begins in the second trimester. It is considered normal if the weight gain is not more than 500 grams per week. If rapid weight growth of more than 1 kg per week is noted, then fasting days are prescribed to reduce weight. Strict diets, unbalanced mono-diets and fasting are strictly prohibited. To reduce weight, it is better to review your diet:
- Stop eating fatty, fried foods, drink sweet sparkling water.
- Smoked meats and salting are not allowed due to the high salt content that traps water in the body and leads to edema.
- Limit sweets, baking. Instead, eat homemade preserves and dried fruits.
- Eat porridge with fruits and vegetables. They are rich in fiber, help cleanse the intestines and saturate the body with complex carbohydrates that give the body high-quality energy.
- Buy lean meat, fish and poultry.
- Limit strong tea and coffee, preferring compotes, clean water.
- Do weekly fasting day. Effectively reduce the weight of root vegetables (beets, carrots, celery), legumes (beans and peas), vegetables (zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers), kefir, cottage cheese, watermelon.
Unloading days during pregnancy: apple day
Throughout the day, you need to eat 1.5–2 kg of apples, 250–300 g at a time, or prepare a salad from them with the addition of olive oil, lemon juice, as well as greens or celery root and parsley. By the way, some apples can be baked for a change (without sugar, and sprinkled with cinnamon to enhance the taste). With early toxicosis, accompanied by nausea and vomiting, apples are best consumed in acidic varieties and in the form of mashed potatoes. But if you have high acidity of gastric juice, then apples should be selected only sweet. Apple fasting days have a particularly good effect with high blood pressure and kidney diseases, as well as with overweight and cardiovascular diseases.
What is the use? Apples, especially if they are their own and grown without the use of agrochemicals, are rich in minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron) and water-soluble vitamins (C, rutin). The beneficial properties of apples are caused not only by their vitamin and mineral composition, but also by the fact that they are rich in organic acids (malic, citric), which stimulate the secretion of digestive juices, and also regulate the acid-base state of the body, which can be disturbed during pregnancy.
Also, the composition of apples includes a powerful antioxidant - chlorogenic acid, which has a beneficial effect on the function of the liver and heart, which experience an increased load while waiting for the baby.
And, perhaps, the most interesting in this fruit is the simultaneous content of soluble and insoluble fiber: pectin is contained in the pulp, and cellulose in the peel of the apple. Cellulose, enhancing peristalsis and ensuring regular stool, helps with constipation, sluggish digestion. And apple pectin has the ability to bind and remove toxins and excess cholesterol from the body, and is also a nutrient medium for beneficial intestinal microflora.
In addition, the skin of the apple is rich in the antioxidant quercetin, which in combination with vitamin C neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals on the body of a pregnant woman.
Tip. The richest in vitamin and mineral composition are domestic Antonovka, Ranet, white filling, Semeren.
Buckwheat fasting day for pregnant women is of great benefit. In addition to losing weight, porridge will fill the body with the necessary trace elements, help raise hemoglobin levels, and improve digestion.
It is advisable to cook porridge without cooking in order to preserve the maximum amount of vitamins in cereals. To do this, 250 g of dry product is thoroughly washed, poured into a thermos, pour 500 ml of boiling water. You need to do this the day before. Then the porridge is divided into 5-6 receptions, consumed every 2-3 hours. If swelling is observed, buckwheat is prepared without salt.
Additionally, you can enter 0.5 kg of apples or 0.5 l of kefir. These foods are consumed between main meals.
The harm and benefits of fasting days
The benefits of fasting days can hardly be overestimated:
- The body is cleansed of toxins.
- Toxins are eliminated.
- Extra vitamins come from food.
- Excess fluid is excreted.
- With regular unloading days, weight is reduced.
- With the right approach, there is no harm to health.
- Blood pressure stabilizes and reaches normal levels.
- The walls of blood vessels and the heart muscle are strengthened.
- Swelling subsides.
- The digestive system unloads and rests.
- Enzymatic reactions are activated.
- Metabolism improves.
- Renal function is restored.
- Metabolism is activated: excess body fat is broken down and protein synthesis is activated.
- Hair and nails become stronger, skin - more smooth and healthy.
If you follow all the doctor’s instructions, he carefully attaches to his body and listens to it, then there is no harm from such unloading.
On cottage cheese
Protein is necessary for women during pregnancy, so we suggest you please yourself with cottage cheese with ripe berries in the summertime.You will need 400 g of cottage cheese and 600-800 g of berries. Eat this treat in the third trimester during your fasting day whenever you feel hungry.
In the last period of pregnancy, the extremities begin to swell strongly. This is considered normal. As practice shows, if a woman has small edema, then the baby is born larger, the risk of premature birth is reduced. The fact is that in the mother’s body during pregnancy, the hormone estrogen is produced intensely, it attracts and retains water, which is necessary in large quantities in order to keep ligaments, tissues and muscles elastic for trouble-free delivery.
Most of the water will go into the birth process, and then within the week the rest of the fluid will be excreted with the onset of hormonal changes. However, in case of puffiness, it is necessary to consult a doctor, take tests and make sure that there is no protein in the blood. The last symptom is a bad signal. To relieve edema, you need to love a healthy lifestyle and change your diet:
- limit salt in food,
- drink no more than two liters of water per day,
- the menu should not contain fatty, spicy dishes,
- steam or bake,
- eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, greens,
- to practice small meals every 3 hours: this will additionally contribute to weight loss,
- Between meals, make a few snacks with dried apricots, raisins, yogurt, kefir, fruits,
- be sure to do unloading on baked potatoes and kefir,
- recommended cottage cheese and kefir.
It will not be superfluous to repeat: each organism is unique, that which will benefit one will be harmful to the other. So with fasting days. Someone is quite full and even enjoys a curd day, while others will find such a diet difficult and tasteless. If fasting days are recommended for you, then ask your doctor to write you as many prescription options as possible and choose the most attractive. Here are some examples of the daily menu your doctor may suggest:
Unloading days during pregnancy: vegetable day
For a fasting day, you need to cook 1.5 kg of vegetables. Especially recommended zucchini, pumpkin, cucumbers. You can stew pumpkin and zucchini or eat raw (for example, a salad of zucchini and cucumbers with the addition of unrefined vegetable oil and lemon juice).
What is the use? The pulp of zucchini contains protein, carbohydrates, carotene, vitamins C and group B, pectins, mineral salts of calcium, magnesium and iron. Zucchini is considered a dietary vegetable due to its low content of coarse fiber and low calorie content (100 g only 25 kcal). In this regard, this option of unloading is recommended for exacerbations of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and with a tendency to overweight. Zucchini is rich in potassium and therefore has a diuretic effect and helps the body get rid of excess salt and fluid, preventing the development of edema. Due to the content of pectins, this vegetable helps to eliminate bad cholesterol. Zucchini is rich in lutein, which, acting as an antioxidant, prevents the formation of blood clots, strengthens the immune system and neutralizes the action of free radicals, which are the cause of many serious diseases. In addition, lutein improves vision.
The benefits of pumpkin are due to the fact that this vegetable is 90% water, and also rich in potassium. Therefore, like zucchini, it has a diuretic effect and helps to prevent edema during pregnancy. Pumpkin, like zucchini, is a light product and does not load the body of a pregnant woman with calories (100 g contains only 22 kcal). In addition, the composition of the pumpkin includes salts of magnesium, calcium, iodine, zinc, iron, as well as B vitamins, beta-carotene, PP, E, etc. Thanks to fiber, pumpkin helps to cope with constipation and improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- When choosing zucchini, give preference to young fruits (when you press the skin with a fingernail, it easily pierces), and between light, dark green and orange fruits, give preference to the latter, since, according to research, they are 3 times superior to white and light green varieties in terms of lutein content .
- When choosing cucumbers, preference should be given to soil gherkins, which contain the maximum amount of vitamin C and other useful substances. Before eating, it is worth cutting off that part of the cucumber where the peduncle is attached (nitrates accumulate as much as possible in this place).
1. Fasting day for edema
In the last trimester of pregnancy, the expectant mother has swollen limbs, which is considered a normal circumstance. Scientists have found that if at the time of the last trimester of pregnancy a woman has swelling of the lower extremities, therefore, the unborn baby will be born large, while reducing the risk of premature delivery. As you know, during this period estrogen is intensely produced in a woman’s body, which attracts and retains the necessary amount of water in order to preserve ligaments, tissues, muscles for subsequent trouble-free delivery. Most of the water from the female body will go away during labor, and within a week after it, the residual fluid will come out, as the process of hormonal change begins. At this time, highly qualified and competent specialists in the field of medicine advise women, if swelling of the limbs occurs, consult a gynecologist for advice and further diagnosis. A gynecologist, prescribes various tests to Mom to monitor the indicator of protein in the blood. If protein in the blood was detected, this is considered the first fatal symptom, therefore, it is necessary to remove swelling as soon as possible by resorting to a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- if possible, exclude salt from vegetables, food
- eliminate spicy, fatty foods
- food should be cooked in the oven or steamed
- add more fresh greens, vegetables, fruits to the diet
- divide the reception of products into fractional parts. Take every two to three hours, so the weight will also decrease
- between meals, you need to have a snack, which should include yogurt, kefir, fruit, dried apricots or raisins
- Doctors advise sticking to a fasting day if there is swelling with kefir or baked potatoes
- kefir unloading day during pregnancy, due to the occurrence of edema, is also necessary.
Therefore, if the expectant mother is worried about the excessive manifestation of swelling of the extremities, she needs to consult a specialized doctor in order to determine what type of discharge from edema is best used.
Unloading day on apples
Fasting days on fresh apples are relevant in the summer and autumn. In winter and spring fruits, the concentration of nutrients in fruits is much lower. For the day you need to eat 1.5 kg of fruit. The apple variety does not matter. You can supplement the diet with dairy products: kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt.
Advice! It’s boring to eat raw apples all day, and they also cause high gas production. Some fruits can be baked in the oven. It is allowed to add cinnamon for taste.
Rules for holding a fasting day
To take the maximum benefit out of fasting days and not harm yourself and your child, follow these rules:
- Be sure to consult your doctor first.
- It is necessary to unload not earlier than 28 weeks of pregnancy. By the third trimester, the baby's body is almost fully formed, which means that small restrictions on food will not harm its development.
- Do not get too carried away by fasting days or turn their diet. One fasting day a week or a half is more than enough. With such regularity and small restrictions, you can easily throw off three to five kilograms in just 2-3 months of fasting days. This is better than losing weight after birth.
- With rapid weight gain above the norm, do not skip fasting days.
- For convenience, you can select one day of the week for unloading.
- During unloading, drink plenty of water (1.5-2 liters per day), if you wish, you can add half a liter of broth of wild rose.
- Divide the prepared amount of food into 5-6 small portions and have a meal every 3-4 hours. Avoid both overeating and a strong feeling of hunger.
- If hunger becomes unbearable, drink a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt.
- Do not salt food or add sugar. Compliance with this rule will save you from excess fluid and eliminate swelling in the tissues. By the end of the fasting day, you can lose up to 800 grams of weight.
- Do not unload during toxicosis. Hunger only enhances the feeling of nausea. In some cases, the doctor may recommend a fasting day with an increase in servings and a reduction in the interval between meals.
- Practice different fasting days. So you can get all the necessary set of vitamins.
- Eat very slowly, relish the taste and smell, admire the food, chew the food thoroughly. Try to get the most out of your food. This approach will allow you to quickly get enough and get the maximum energy charge from food. In addition, thorough chewing improves the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Stick to limits. If you unload on fruits or vegetables, the weight of the eaten should not exceed 1.5-2 kg, if on meat - no more than 400-700 gr.
- Avoid diuretics. The kidneys are already under tremendous strain.
- Do not engage in bowel cleansing during fasting days. It is better to do this procedure in advance.
- Dramatic food restrictions can cause stagnation of bile. If there are no contraindications, you can add natural choleretic agents to the diet of the fasting day.
- Spend a fasting day in an unhurried rhythm and relax. Avoid physical and mental stress. Do something pleasant: read books, watch an interesting movie, do needlework. You can go on a pleasant unhurried walk.
- The calorie content of food eaten on a fasting day should be a total of not less than 1000, but not more than 1500 calories.
- You can start the fasting day in the evening at 18.00 and finish the next day at 18.00. So it will be much easier to transfer restrictions in food.
- Arrange the main meal either in the morning or in the afternoon.
- If possible, limit your fat content. menu for this day.
- Remember that the fasting day is only one day. Do not turn it into a diet.
- Get out of the fasting day gradually.
What fasting days can I arrange for pregnant women?
You can unload in a variety of ways, alternating the known options for fasting days for pregnant women. It is better to give preference to vegetable, fruit, juice options. They are effective, fill the body with vitamins and minerals. Protein, milk, fatty days should be used with caution, since such heavy mono-nutrition is contraindicated in case of chronic problems with the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system. If in doubt, which option suits you for health reasons, it is better to first get the advice of a doctor or nutritionist.
Rice-compote fasting day
Boil 1–1.5 kg of fresh fruit or 200 g of dried fruits (best dried apricots, apricots, prunes, dry apples and berries) in 1.5 liters of water with the addition of not more than 4 tablespoons of sugar and drink 1 glass through the day 2.5-3 hours. In this case, compote is consumed along with rice porridge: 50 g of rice should be boiled in water and divided into small portions.
What is the use? Stewed fruit and dried fruit is rich in potassium and vitamins, therefore, has a pronounced diuretic effect. But the benefits of rice are due to the content of complex carbohydrates (up to 80%) and proteins (it contains eight amino acids that are most important for a pregnant woman’s body).
It is best to choose brown and black rice, rather than polished white. The color of brown rice is due to the gentle way of peeling the shell, which is partially preserved, and with it all the vitamins and minerals that make up its composition. This bran bran shell contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, B vitamins (especially folic acid) and fiber. In addition, the potassium content in brown rice is 2.5 times higher than in white. Magnesium, vitamins E and B6 are 3 times higher, vitamin B1 is 1.5 times, and fiber is 4.5 times more than in the usual polished rice. Natural fiber (dietary fiber) is essential for the prevention of obesity and constipation.
In addition, brown rice contains oryzanol - a natural substance that reduces the level of "bad" cholesterol in blood serum.
Black (wild) rice is also valuable in its nutritional composition: it contains a sufficient amount of protein (15 g per 100 g of product) and folic acid (it is five times more in it than in brown rice). So, in a glass of wild rice contains the daily norm of folic acid. Wild rice also contains a lot of magnesium, zinc and manganese.
Fasting days for swelling
If a woman who is expecting a baby's weight gain is caused by edema, you can make a diet of a one-day diet from diuretic products:
- Cucumber fasting days. You need to eat up to 1.5 kg of cucumbers per day, you can cook salads with herbs and a small amount of oil, lemon juice, but without salt.
- Watermelon fasting days. For a day you need to eat up to 2 kg of pure pulp of ripe watermelon.
- Rice fasting days. Boil a glass of dry rice in water until fully cooked, divide into several stages. You can eat porridge with the addition of dried apricots, carrots, fresh or baked apples.
Additionally, a rosehip broth, lingonberries, cranberry compote are introduced into the diet. These drinks also help to remove excess fluid from the body.
Many pregnant women get tired of fasting days on cottage cheese or buckwheat, so you can diversify your monoration with a more interesting menu option. This "unloading" is much easier to withstand, because in the radio there are not only vegetables and cottage cheese, but also meat products.
- 100 g of vegetable salad of cabbage and cucumber (with cabbage, you should be careful, since this product often causes bloating),
- 4 baked apples
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese
- 100 g boiled chicken
- 100 g cheese
- 200 ml. kefir with a low percentage of fat.
How to facilitate a fasting day?
In order to turn unloading into a more enjoyable task, you can use some tricks:
- Use small dishes. In it, portions will not seem microscopic and unable to give saturation. Such a small brain trick will help defeat hunger.
- Find an interesting activity that you can go headlong into. This will help you get distracted and not think about food and hunger.
- You can find a companion and spend days of light meals with himI. The support of a like-minded person helps to overpower the temptation and bring it to the end.
The usual fasting day once a week is not an apple diet during pregnancy, and it is unlikely to lose weight. However, fruits contain a lot of fiber, which effectively cleanses the intestines and eliminates stool problems. In addition, unloading on apples is easy and not hungry. It is safe for those who do not have stomach ulcers or gastritis with high acidity. It is better to choose varieties of green color with sourness for a diet. This option is good in the cold season, when you don’t feel like drinking: you can’t supplement apples with water.
Sour-milk fasting day
For unloading on this day, you must choose your favorite dairy product with a low percentage of fat content (not more than 1.5%). Kefir, fermented baked milk or yogurt can be drunk up to 1.5 liters per day or eat cottage cheese up to 600 g per day, 100 g in six doses.
What is the use? Such a sour-milk day gives a short-term “vacation” to the digestive system, which then proceeds to work with renewed vigor. In addition to everything, the body gets rid of excess fluid (due to the large amount of potassium, which has a diuretic effect) and loses 1–2 kilograms of excess weight. And if you choose fermented milk products with bifidobacteria and lactobacilli (these are the so-called probiotics), then, in addition to unloading, you will render an invaluable service to your body and the health of the child. The fact is that these beneficial bacteria secrete special substances that inhibit the pathogenic microflora in the intestine, improve its motility and absorption of nutrients, activate the metabolism in the body and increase immunity. Milk days are especially recommended for obesity and atherosclerosis.
It was found that in women who drank dairy products enriched with probiotics, the risk of preeclampsia (a condition in which a pregnant woman rises in blood pressure, urine protein and swelling appear) decreased by 20% (study data published in the American Journal of Epidemiology) .
Tip. To select the most useful products containing bifidobacteria and lactobacilli, take a look at dairy products with the prefix "bio", which indicates that the product contains live probiotic microorganisms. However, the fact that such bacteria are present in a fermented milk product does not mean that they will “work” when they enter the intestines. Indeed, in order for probiotic bacteria to have a beneficial effect on the body, there should be a lot of them in yogurt or kefir and the ratio of different microorganisms should be clearly balanced. Naturally, bioproducts cannot be sterilized and preservatives should not be present in them. In addition, most varieties of probiotic bacteria are unstable to the effects of gastric juice and bile, so they may simply not get alive to their "destination."
As sources of probiotics, bioogurts and biokefir containing live cultures of bifidobacteria, acidophilus milk, fermented cheeses such as Gouda, miso and tempe (made from fermented soybeans) can be recommended. By the way, miso contains more than 160 varieties of beneficial bacteria.
Less useful will be from "classic" yogurts and ordinary kefir, and even less from long-term storage yogurts in which all the beneficial microflora died during sterilization.
Tip. Before buying yogurt, you need to carefully look to see if it is expired, and at home store the product in the refrigerator and not longer than the time specified by the manufacturer (probiotic bacteria are very tender and die quickly, so the bio products are short-lived).
3. Fasting day on cottage cheese
Such unloading is considered the most sparing, soft and most useful. It is known that dairy products have a high protein content, therefore, they contribute to the speedy removal of excess moisture from the body of a future mother. Such unloading does not mean that the girl and her fetus will have to spend days, there is only one dry cottage cheese. You can add fruit to it or drink it with some milk, and if desired, kefir. Also, cottage cheese has a high content of fluorine, iron, various vitamin, potassium, phosphorus, not counting amino acids and other components that are involved in fat and protein metabolism. At the same moment, its use normalizes the functional functioning of the liver. Often, experts, prescribing such a diet for a future mother, recommend eating no more than 700 grams per day of cottage cheese, but it must be divided into six parts and consumed fractionally. During such an unloading, it is impossible to limit the body from water or tea.
In order for the day on the cottage cheese to be successful and effective, it is worth paying attention to the choice of the cottage cheese necessary for unloading. A good option is considered home or farm cottage cheese, which has good, that is, high fat content. However, many mothers do not have the opportunity to purchase just such cottage cheese, so they buy it in a supermarket. When buying, it is important to pay attention that the content of cottage cheese should not contain vegetable fats, sugar, starch, palm oil. Do not use fat-free cottage cheese. The most suitable is cottage cheese, the fat content of which is from 4 to 8%. A preliminary dinner before such unloading should not be difficult, that is, it is better to eat a vegetable salad or drink a glass of kefir.
The correct exit from the fasting day
Do not rush to eat up the day after unloading the body. Such eating behavior will plunge the body into stress, and there will be no effect. All the next day, try to eat balanced and easy.
So, for breakfast you can eat fruit salad dressed with low-fat yogurt, porridge or boiled egg, for lunch - low-fat fish, poultry or rabbit meat with vegetables or light vegetable soup, for dinner - cottage cheese or boiled meat with vegetables.
Meat and fish fasting days for a pregnant woman must be used very carefully, and after a mandatory consultation with a doctor. They are contraindicated in diseases of the liver, kidneys, gout and cardiovascular insufficiency, because they are rich in nitrogenous substances and purines, which load the work of these organs and systems, which is completely unacceptable during pregnancy.
4. Fasting day on buckwheat
Buckwheat during heat treatment preserves all the useful substances, elements. As you know, such porridge is rich in various minerals and amino acids, which accelerate the absorption of calcium in the body of a future mother. In addition, it contains a certain amount of polyunsaturated fats that help lower cholesterol. Unloading on buckwheat helps to normalize metabolic processes, speeds up metabolism, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and reduces weight. Such a diet does not harm the gastrointestinal tract and at the same time the expectant mother does not feel a pronounced feeling of hunger. Often, competent specialists prescribe such an unloading, if the pregnant woman has edema or constipation. Fasting day during pregnancy with the use of buckwheat, also implies a fractional intake in several stages. At the same time, buckwheat can be poured with milk or washed down with kefir. Sometimes, a girl may be assigned a fasting day option, when apples alternate with buckwheat.
Kefir will help to cleanse the intestines, facilitate the digestive system, and colonize bacteria friendly to our body during pregnancy in the later stages. A woman at this time is very important to timely and successfully go to the toilet. In addition, kefir is a good diuretic for edema. Regular weekly unloading on kefir will easily dissolve the extra 1-2 kg per month.
5. Unloading day on a watermelon
Watermelon is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, various groups of vitamins, folic acid, zinc, iron and copper. Therefore, doctors recommend that the girls in the unloading position are held on a watermelon in order to replenish the mother’s body supplies with fiber, folic acid, and at the same time relieve her of several kilograms. During the day, the expectant mother should sit about 1 kilogram of watermelon pulp. That is, meals should be divided into many fractional parts, therefore, it is not worth eating a whole watermelon in one sitting. It is important to note that this type of discharge should never be carried out by girls who have signs of diabetes.
Uncontrolled diets or fasting days can lead to various deviations in the growth and development of the unborn child, so you should consult a qualified medical professional, such as a gynecologist or nutritionist, in advance. Since, for holding an unloading day, there must be certain grounds or indications, according to which the doctor will prescribe this or that type of unloading of the female body. Girls should not forget that the fasting day during pregnancy can be carried out only from the 29th week of gestation. Proper discharge will not harm the mother and her unborn baby.
Suitable for those who can not tolerate hunger, and who are not close to the idea of restrictions on food. On such fasting days, hunger is not felt. "Full" days are also well suited to nursing mothers.
|R / d options||Diet|
|Fasting day on cottage cheese||For such an unloading you will need about 400 grams of cottage cheese and 600-1000 grams of berries. Berries must be seasonal. Sugar cannot be added to the treat, but there is cottage cheese with berries every time you want to have a bite. |
If the cottage cheese without sour cream is very dry for you, you can add a little low-fat kefir or milk to the diet.
|Buckwheat fasting day - Buckwheat unloading option is good because this cereal contains all the necessary minerals and vitamins, folic acid and the amino acid lysine.||Buckwheat should not be cooked, otherwise all its useful properties will be easily lost. A glass of buckwheat can be poured with kefir (1.5 cups) and left to swell for 12 hours in a cold and dark place, but not in the refrigerator. |
Another way to cook buckwheat is to put it in a thermos or pan and pour boiling water over it, then close the thermos and wrap the pan with a towel. Leave for a few hours. Salt buckwheat is also not worth it.
You can add a salad of fresh carrots, apples or sweet peppers to it.
|Unloading day on meat||For such a day, you will need 400 grams of boiled lean meat (rabbit, chicken without skin, turkey) and 800 grams of vegetables. |
It is desirable that vegetables be rich in fiber, for example: bell pepper, corn, any cabbage, pumpkin, etc.
You can cook vegetables in different ways: steamed, bake, stew or make a salad. All food divided into 4-5 meals.
|Fasting day on fruit||To spend such a day, you need 1 kilogram of fruits and berries. It can be absolutely any fruit. You can eat them in their pure form, but you can make a salad. For dressing, low-fat yogurt or 10-15% sour cream is suitable.|
|Potato fasting day||For unloading, you need to boil or bake 2 kg of potatoes. It is not forbidden to drink 2 glasses of kefir.|
|Fasting days in 3 trimester best done on lean fish or rabbit meat.|
|Fasting day on fish||It will take 400 grams of any low-fat fish. Fish can be boiled or baked. To give the fish a taste, you can use lemon juice. Fish can also be served with fresh vegetable salad or stewed vegetables.|
|Seafood fasting day||For unloading, you need to take 2-3 types of seafood (a total of 500 grams). They can be boiled or baked. Fresh vegetables are suitable as a side dish.|
|Unloading day in rice||Boil 150 grams of brown rice until cooked without salt. As an additive, carrots, apples and sweet bell peppers are well suited.|
|Unloading day "diverse"||If sticking to one dish all day is difficult, you can carry out unloading with different meals. Menu for the day:|
Buckwheat groats are the queen among groats. During heat treatment, buckwheat retains most of the useful substances, because it can not be boiled, but steamed with boiling water in a ratio of one to two. This should be done in the evening in a thermos or wrapping a pan with a blanket. Buckwheat porridge is rich in minerals, it contains the amino acid lysine, which accelerates the absorption of calcium. Buckwheat contains a lot of polyunsaturated fats, which help lower cholesterol and normalize lipid metabolism.
Buckwheat is rich in proteins, the content of which is not inferior to meat in it. Easily digestible carbohydrates and fiber accelerate metabolism, reduce weight, strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Buckwheat diet during pregnancy will not harm the stomach. A woman will feel full and light. In combination with kefir, buckwheat will effectively cleanse the intestines. This option is recommended for edema and constipation. According to slimming reviews, this is the best way to reduce weight for those who do not like meat.
“Hungry” days are much more effective than “well-fed” ones. The digestive system rests, the body is cleansed.
|R / d options||Diet|
|Fasting day on vegetables||Vegetables are excellent for unloading the body. It is better to give preference to zucchini, pumpkin, cucumber, cabbage, bell pepper. Vegetables can be eaten raw, or boiled. The main thing is that they be seasonal and fresh. You can eat 1.5 kg of vegetables per day.|
|Kefir fasting day||You can’t eat anything on this day, but you can drink up to 1.5 liters of kefir.|
|Unloading day on apples||Apples perfectly help with iron deficiency anemia, but they are categorically not suitable for people with gastritis. They are not recommended to be washed down with water. In addition, it is advisable to spend such a day in the summer - in the season of apples. You can eat apples fresh, or you can bake. You can’t use sugar in this case, but you can sprinkle apples with cinnamon and pour honey on it. The daily limit is 1.5 kg of apples.|
|Juice fasting day||One type of “hungry” days is a day on freshly squeezed juices. Juice can be squeezed from vegetables, fruits and berries. You can drink up to 1 liter per day.|
|Unloading day on compote||First you need to cook compote. For this you need to cook 1 kilogram of fresh apples or 100 g of dried fruit in 1.5 liters of water. Sugar can add no more than 4 tbsp. l|
|Watermelon fasting day||During unloading, you can only eat watermelon up to 1.5 kg. Do not forget about the water. Its amount should reach at least 1.5 liters.|
|Unloading day on a cucumber||Only cucumbers are allowed. Such nutrition helps reduce swelling, remove unnecessary fluid, and normalize blood pressure.|
For the human body, protein is very important as a building material for cells, and for pregnant women it is doubly needed. Amino acids contained in the protein regulate muscle growth, improve the development of the body. If there are not enough such products in the body, then this can lead to:
- impaired kidney and liver function,
- hormonal changes,
- slowing down the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Protein day for pregnant women is completely safe, it does not affect muscles, but it perfectly destroys fat cells. Excess weight is literally melting before our eyes, so this diet is very effective in losing weight. A big plus of protein days is the lack of hunger, because protein is very slowly digested, and a person does not have time to get very hungry for the next meal.
Protein unloading is especially useful for diabetes, obesity, atherosclerosis, circulatory disorders, this is the prevention of thrombosis. The selection of useful products for fasting days is extensive:
- low-fat meat (white poultry, veal, beef),
- any fish
- mushrooms and legumes,
- fresh vegetables, herbs, dairy products and drinks.
How to make a fasting day during pregnancy
To future happy mothers to maintain their health and the health of the baby, it is necessary to follow some rules when planning fasting days:
- It must be observed as directed by a doctor.
- You can not do unloading more than once a week: this is stress for the body, and frequent restrictions on food will lead to a deficiency of essential vital substances, possible complications.
- Start correctly at six in the evening of the current day and finish at six in the evening the next day.
- The entire daily menu should be divided into 5-6 times and eat the next portion every 3-4 hours.
- In the morning, you need to drink plenty of water (up to 2-2.5 litas of pure water). With gestosis, the amount of fluid is limited.
- On the day of unloading, exercise is not recommended, you can go for a walk.
- In case of intolerable hunger, a glass of low-fat fermented milk drink is allowed.
- Calculate calories for this day in the range of 1000-1500 kcal.
- After unloading the next day, it is worth eating light food, not to overload the body.
How to eat the next day
A common mistake of pregnant women is the heavy consumption of food the day after the "discharge", carried out on cottage cheese or buckwheat with kefir. After a fasting day, your menu should be light. Otherwise, the lost weight may return the next day.
- It is best to have breakfast with low-fat yogurt with fruits, boiled eggs or a serving of oatmeal.
- For lunch, eat protein-rich foods (such as lean fish or lean beef, rabbit, or chicken). Protein food is best combined with fiber, so bake vegetables for a side dish or make a salad out of them. You can also prepare a light vegetable soup with herbs.
- In the evening, eat a serving of granular cottage cheese with kefir or boiled meat with vegetables.
Unloading Days Recipes
For an apple day, you need 1.5 kilograms of sweet apples. The peel must be cleaned (but can be left in the peel), cut the fruit in half, remove the seed box. Halves of apples are laid out on a baking sheet, greased with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon as desired. Bake fruit in the oven until soft. This delicious delicacy should be divided into 5-6 receptions and eat after 2-3 hours. From drinking choose green tea, a decoction of chamomile, clean water.
For a curd day, you need 800 grams of low fat cottage cheese. If you supplement the menu with sour-milk drinks and fruits, then you need to take 600 grams of cottage cheese and a glass of berries or half a liter of kefir (fermented baked milk) of low fat content. You can both mix all the products, and alternate them, using at different times. In the evening before going to bed, drink kefir.
There are many recipes for buckwheat fasting day, for example:
- pure buckwheat steamed in a thermos from the evening,
- steamed buckwheat with soy sauce, plus grapefruit, dried fruits,
- buckwheat porridge and green apples (250 grams of cereal steamed, plus 3 apples per day).
The most satisfying and delicious fasting day is protein. Meat can be stewed, baked, boiled, cooked steam cutlets, meatballs, any low-fat fish is allowed (pike perch, bream, cod, perch, pollock, hake). Additionally, you can drink tea with milk, some coffee, a rosehip broth. For the day you need 400 grams of meat, cooked sparingly. It is better to eat everything cooked in six stages.
On the Internet you can find various reviews about unloading on buckwheat or cottage cheese with kefir. We offer you to get acquainted with the most interesting.
During pregnancy, starting from the 29th week, I began to practice fasting days. But first of all, I consulted with the doctor, because I had swelling and shortness of breath while walking. The doctor recommended me to carry out “unloading” on buckwheat once a week. But I didn’t get enough, so I added kefir in the evenings to the menu. For a month of such nutrition, I got rid of 1.5 kg. Excess weight is gone, and health is improved. I also removed salt from my menu that traps water in the body.
I stuck to the unloading menu once a week during pregnancy. Sometimes she ate baked apples, and sometimes she "sat" on cottage cheese with kefir. I liked that you can eat all day and not suffer remorse. And apples are much healthier than cookies and cakes.
I wanted to start “unloading” in the second trimester of pregnancy, but my doctor forbade it. Therefore, I regularly began to arrange my vegetable days in the third trimester. I didn’t notice the difference in weight, but definitely it became easier for me to move.
Most of the women during child bearing make sure not to gain excess weight. Before you start arranging fasting days for pregnant women, it is advisable to consult a doctor. Remember that losing weight in this way is prohibited in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy. Take care of your health and the health of the unborn baby!
Most likely, in the first days of pregnancy, the diet of a young mother will practically not change. However, even if the taste preferences remain the same, you need to take care in advance of the correctness of your diet and supply the body with the necessary substances.
- Squirrels. In order for the proteins in the body to be enough, you need to include legumes (lentils, beans, chickpeas, peas), soy, egg, meat, milk,
- Vegetable fats and unsaturated acids. Add unrefined flax oil, olive, sunflower oil to your daily menu,
- Carbohydrates (cereal products)
- Folic acid. It is found in buckwheat, bananas, pumpkin, spinach and cereals,
- Magnesium. You can replenish magnesium from bran, barley, almonds and cabbage,
- Iron. There are many of them in apples, cocoa, buckwheat, chocolate, liver, fish, mushrooms,
- Calcium. This element can be obtained from broccoli, Beijing cabbage, dairy products.
Unloading days in the early stages are not practiced. Exception: if a mother gains weight more than 600 grams per week. Then the doctor may prescribe fasting days, but this is rather the exception.
It is recommended to adhere to fractional nutrition.
During the second trimester, the child grows rapidly, various body systems continue to develop and organs form. This explains the increased appetite of the expectant mother and unpredictable eating habits. You need to try to adhere to a varied diet in order to replenish all the necessary vitamins and minerals, but at the same time make sure that the food is healthy. No baking, junk sweets, fried and spicy dishes.
Fasting days in the 2nd trimester are carried out as prescribed and under strict medical supervision. Meals are still fractional and frequent.
The diet of a pregnant woman in the third trimester is practically no different from the second. The only difference is that now the food should be full and standard: 4 times a day. Fasting days are recommended for vegetable salads, fresh and baked apples or cottage cheese.
A pregnant woman is responsible not only for herself, but also for her unborn baby. Therefore, you should not eat everything indiscriminately, or starve yourself or put yourself on a diet without consulting a doctor.
Video for those who are afraid to overweight during pregnancy!