Sea buckthorn oil: instructions for use and reviews
Latin name: Hippophae oleum
ATX Code: D11A, C05AX
Active ingredient: sea-buckthorn oil (hippophaes oleum)
Manufacturer: Altayvitaminy CJSC (Russia), VIFITEH CJSC (Russia), Dalkhimpharm OJSC (Russia), NIZHPHARM OJSC (Russia), etc.
Update description and photo: 10.25.2018
Prices in pharmacies: from 68 rubles.
Sea buckthorn oil is a herbal remedy that activates the metabolism in tissues, improves trophism and stimulates the regeneration process, and is a drug for local therapy of anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in the following dosage forms:
- oil for oral administration, topical and external use: orange-red oily liquid with a characteristic odor, slight precipitate may disappear when heated to 40 ° C (30, 50 or 100 ml in a dark glass bottle, 50 or 100 ml in a bottle of brown polyethylene terephthalate, in a cardboard box 1 bottle, 25, 30, 40, 60, 70, 80 ml in a bottle, in a cardboard box 1 bottle, 30-40 kg in a metal flask),
- capsules: spherical, gelatinous, cherry-colored, the contents of the capsules is an oily liquid of orange-red color with a specific taste and smell of sea buckthorn fruits (10 each in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 1-5 packs, 100 pcs in plastic jar, in a cardboard bundle 1 jar),
- rectal suppositories: torpedo-shaped, from dark orange to orange (5 pcs. in a blister pack, in a cardboard box 2 packs).
Composition of sea buckthorn oil for oral, topical and external use: sea buckthorn fruit oil - carotenoids of at least 180% (includes: sterols, tocopherols, polyunsaturated fatty acids - linoleic, palmitoleic, oleic, linolenic, palmitic).
Composition of 1 capsule: sea buckthorn oil - 200 or 300 mg (carotenoids of at least 180 mg%, a complex of biologically active substances contained in the fruits of sea buckthorn: sterols, tocopherols, polyunsaturated fatty acids).
Composition 1 suppository:
- active ingredient: buckthorn buckthorn oil (sea buckthorn oil concentrate) - 500 mg (concentrate previously diluted with sunflower oil to the amount of carotenoids in terms of β-carotene - 240 mg%),
- additional components: buhalhydroxytoluene (cybunol), butylhydroxyanisole (butyloxyanisole), solid fat (vitepsol, supposir), glyceryl monostearate (glycerol monostearate).
The drug activates the course of reparative processes in lesions of the mucous membranes and skin of various etiologies, including ulcerative, burn, radiation and wound. It has general strengthening and anti-inflammatory properties, demonstrates antioxidant and cytoprotective effects. The tool reduces the intensity of biochemical reactions taking place with the participation of free radicals, prevents damage to cell and subcellular membranes, helps lower cholesterol and lipids in the blood.
The pharmacological effect is due to the presence of tocopherols (vitamin E), carotene (provitamin A) and other lipophilic substances in the composition of sea buckthorn oil.
What are sea buckthorn and sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn - This is a fruit and ornamental plant, which is most common in Transbaikalia, Altai, the Caucasus, the Sayan Mountains, Tuva, the southern regions of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, and is also used in Europe as a hedge and to protect slopes of river banks from erosion. However, sea buckthorn can be grown in other regions of Russia, where climatic conditions allow.The fruits of sea-buckthorn have a bright orange color and are used to prepare butter, infusions, liquors, preserves, marmalade.
Sea buckthorn oil It is a remedy whose healing properties have been known since ancient times. The first mention of the healing properties of sea buckthorn berries is found in the XI century BC in treatises of doctors of Tibet and Ancient Greece.
In the scientific works of Hippocrates, one can find a detailed description of the beneficial effects of the fruits of sea buckthorn in the treatment of stomach diseases, and Avicenna advised the use of sea buckthorn oil for the treatment of burns.
The Slavic peoples have also long been aware of the therapeutic effect of sea buckthorn berries and sea buckthorn oil. Russian sailors and the population of Siberian villages ate the fruits of sea buckthorn to treat bleeding gums and prevent hypovitaminosis. In the 17th century, Russian Cossacks with the help of sea buckthorn berries restored their strength, strengthened their health, and with the help of oil they healed hard-healing ulcers and wounds.
In the 70s of the 20th century, traditional medicine again recognized sea buckthorn oil. Sea buckthorn oil is an orange-red color with a characteristic taste and smell. This is the main drug from sea buckthorn, which is obtained from a meal of berries after squeezing the juice. The process of its preparation is quite complicated and consists of several stages.
How to get sea buckthorn oil?
Currently, there are a sufficient number of methods for producing oil from sea buckthorn for its use in medicine. Sea buckthorn oil is obtained from pulp, seeds or whole berries. The methods of preparation are divided into three groups - physical, chemical and biological. Oil obtained through a physical process is most preferred in use. The fruits of sea buckthorn are placed in a press and they are given the juice. Then the remaining pulp (mass of crushed berries) after squeezing it is placed in a heated hydraulic press. This process is carried out at high temperature. The advantage of this method is that it is possible to obtain a large amount of fatty oil, since at high temperature the proteins coagulate, and the oil becomes mobile and is easily released. But the disadvantage of this method is the complexity of its implementation (time-consuming, many actions performed, expensive equipment) Sea buckthorn oil can also be obtained by cold pressing. With this method, less oil is obtained, but in return its quality is much higher and it is preferable for use in medicine. As a result of pressing, the oil requires additional purification from impurities by refining. Cleaning processes are also divided into three main groups - physical, chemical and physicochemical.
From the pulp of sea buckthorn, the oil turns dark red. It has pronounced healing properties. Sea buckthorn seed oil is lighter with a yellowish tint. This oil is used mainly in the food industry. Whole berry oil has a very rich orange color and combines the healing properties of the first two types of oil.
Oil for oral, topical and external use
According to the instructions, Sea buckthorn oil is recommended for use as a wound healing agent in the combination therapy of skin and mucous membrane lesions:
- otorhinolaryngology - postoperative wounds (in order to accelerate healing),
- dentistry - erosive and ulcerative lesions of periodontal and oral mucosa in acute and chronic form,
- gastroenterology - peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum,
- gynecology - cervical erosion, endocervicitis, colpitis,
- surgery - wound damage to the skin, radiation injuries, burns (in order to stimulate reparative processes),
- proctology - external hemorrhoids, rectal fissures.
How to get sea buckthorn oil at home?
Sea buckthorn oil can be prepared on its own, but it will be a crude oil with a lot of impurities. The cooking process at home is quite time consuming. Pharmacy sea buckthorn oil is more saturated and does not contain such an amount of impurities.
Sea buckthorn oil can be prepared independently in the following ways:
- Method 1 It is necessary to take 1 kg of sea buckthorn berries. Using a press of berries, squeeze the juice, and then filter it and let it stand in a cool place. A few days later (4 – 5) oil will float to the surface. This oil must be carefully removed with a spoon and pour into a dark-colored glass container.
- Method 2 You should take 100 g of oilcake, which was obtained by squeezing the juice, and pour it with 500 ml of unrefined sunflower oil. This mixture must be infused for 7 days, periodically mixing, and then you need to strain, squeeze and pour into a container of dark glass.
- Method 3 Grind the dried berries of sea buckthorn and place them in a glass jar. Pour refined vegetable oil, pre-heated to 50 degrees (oil should cover chopped fruits) The jar needs to be very tightly closed with a lid and placed in a dark place for a week, daily stirring the contents with a wooden spoon. After 7 days of infusion, the oil should be wrung out and filtered. The oil obtained from sea buckthorn can be enriched by heating it to 40 - 50 degrees and again fill it with a fresh portion of crushed dry cake (product obtained after squeezing fruits) This enrichment procedure can be carried out several times and as a result, a higher concentration oil will be obtained.
- Method 4 For the manufacture you need to take 200 g of sea buckthorn and 400 ml of olive (sunflower or corn) oil. It is necessary to make juice from the berries, and dry the pulp remaining after pressing, and then grind it in an electric coffee grinder. Pour olive oil warmed up to 40 degrees and insist 2 - 3 weeks periodically shaking. This mixture should be filtered and poured into a dark glass container.
Capsules are recommended for use as a means of activating reparative processes in the following diseases / conditions:
- hyperacid gastritis,
- peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum,
- conditions after surgical interventions on the gastrointestinal tract.
- pancreatitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, cholelithiasis, hepatitis - when taken orally,
- diarrhea - with rectal administration,
- profuse purulent discharge from the wound, profuse bleeding - with external and local application,
- age up to 12 years (oil solution),
- hypersensitivity to herbal medicine.
When taken orally, pregnant women and adolescents over 12 years old should use sea buckthorn oil with caution.
Instructions for use of sea buckthorn oil: method and dosage
Sea buckthorn oil is used orally, rectally, topically and topically.
The recommended dosage regimen depending on the method of administration of the drug and indications:
- externally: for skin lesions, the drug is used in the form of oil dressings - the surface of the affected area of the skin cleared of necrotic masses is treated with sea buckthorn oil, and then a cotton-gauze dressing is applied, which must be changed every other day, the drug is used until granulation appears,
- orally: for peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, take 2–3 times a day, 1 teaspoon of oil, course - 21–28 days, capsules take 6–8 pcs. (1.2–2.4 g) 2 times a day, course - 10-14 days,
- topically: with rectal fissures, external hemorrhoids, cervical erosion, colpitis, endocervicitis, lubricate the problem areas with sea buckthorn oil or apply swabs richly soaked with the agent, the course of treatment for colpitis is 10-15 procedures, with cervical erosion, endocervicitis - 8 –12 procedures, for rectal fissures, external hemorrhoids - 5–7 procedures, for erosive-ulcerative lesions of the periodontium and oral mucosa, the drug is used in the form of applications or turundas moistened with oil, course - 10–15 procedures,
- rectally: administered 1 suppository deep into the anus after bowel movement, adolescents over 14 years old and adults 2 times a day, children from 6 to 14 years old - 1-2 times a day, children under 6 years old - 1 time per day, the course is 10-15 days, if necessary, 4-6 weeks after the completion of the first course, a second course is possible.
In otorhinolaryngology, when tympanoplasty is performed after treatment of the wound surface with hydrocortisone or antibiotics, tampons are applied on it, abundantly moistened with sea buckthorn oil. The course of therapy is 7-10 procedures.
Against the background of the use of the drug, allergic reactions may occur. Also, with oral administration of the drug, the occurrence of diarrhea, bitterness in the mouth, and biliary colic can be noted, with external and local use - a burning sensation at the site of contact with the drug, with rectal administration - burning in the anus.
The healing properties of sea buckthorn oil for children
What is the benefit of sea buckthorn oil for children?
- It contributes to the proper growth and development of the child. Reduces the risk of pathological changes in the spine.
- It removes "bad" cholesterol.
- Strengthens children's immunity, increasing the body's resistance to various diseases.
- Gives the child energy and strength.
- Improves the digestive and nervous systems.
- Increases hemoglobin, improves the circulatory system.
- Forms bone tissue of a child.
- Promotes rapid tissue regeneration for various skin lesions.
The benefits of sea buckthorn oil for children are undeniable. But how to give it to the child correctly so as not to harm his body that has not yet become stronger.
External use of sea buckthorn oil
External use of sea buckthorn oil for children is possible with various types of dermatitis, prickly heat, skin irritations, burns, abrasions and cuts. You can use the product in its pure form from the first year of life.
It is recommended to lubricate the affected areas of the skin of infants with a mixture of sea buckthorn oil and melted pork fat in 1: 4 proportions. In addition, a bath with the addition of a natural health elixir will be useful for infants.
Is it possible for children to take sea buckthorn oil inside?
Consuming sea buckthorn oil is not recommended for children under one year of age. In addition to the risk of allergic reactions, this is fraught with disturbances in the liver, up to serious diseases. Children from one year old should be given oil, starting with the smallest doses.
In the absence of allergies and other side effects, the dose can be increased to the necessary in accordance with the objectives pursued.
Against the common cold
You can cure a runny nose in a child older than a year with the help of one or two drops of a drug instilled into each nostril. Before dripping sea buckthorn oil into the nose of children, it is necessary to clean the nasopharynx.
Children need to drip sea buckthorn oil from a cold no more than three times a day, the course of treatment is no more than ten days.
To cope with a strong cough and facilitate expectoration of sputum, the baby will be helped by instillation of a few drops of the berry product in the nose. The nasopharynx should be cleansed.
Another way to use sea buckthorn cough oil for children is to give your child a little bit of this product. The dosage should be selected, taking into account the nature and strength of the cough, as well as the age of the baby.
In addition to internal use, sea buckthorn oil for coughing for children can be used externally. So, rubbing with a quarter cup of sea buckthorn oil mixed with 1 tbsp is effective. l camphor alcohol. This method is suitable for older children, as the use of alcohol can adversely affect delicate infant skin.
Inhalations with sea buckthorn oil are also useful. Pour hot water into a small kettle and add 1 tbsp. l natural remedies. Sitting over the kettle, cover yourself with a towel. Again, this method applies only to older children, as very small fidgets can get burned.
Children over the age of one can use sea buckthorn oil for their throat, gently lubricating it with it. In this case, sea buckthorn oil in children with angina acts as an antiseptic and relieves pain.
The famous pediatrician Komarovsky advises adding a natural elixir to the saline solution for cleaning the nose. This will soften the mucosa and avoid drying out from taking antibiotics and nasal drops.
With burns on the skin of a child, for the first time, damaged areas cannot be lubricated with sea buckthorn oil. It is necessary to cool the redness with a wet diaper for 15 minutes at least, and only after that use sea buckthorn oil for burns in children.
In case of severe burns, immediately contact an emergency room!
For fungal infections of the mouth, the baby’s oral cavity is treated 2-3 times a day with a swab dipped in sea buckthorn oil.
For skin lesions, it is recommended to lubricate sea buckthorn oil with thrush in children with painful areas or make baths for the child with the addition of sea buckthorn oil.
Strengthening children's immunity
For children from three years old, you can introduce sea buckthorn oil into food for the general strengthening of the body and the prevention of various diseases. Add it every day to the morning porridge of the child, and soon you will notice that the baby has become less likely to get sick.
Vitamin complexes containing this natural elixir can be found in any pharmacy. As a rule, they are intended for children of three years and older.
How to choose sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn oil can be found not only in stores specializing in aromatherapy, but also in pharmacies in the dietary supplement section, in supermarkets and grocery stores. When buying sea buckthorn oil in non-specialized stores, be sure to carefully study the composition, method of preparation, raw materials, and production features: refined, diluted oil cannot be considered a full-fledged sea buckthorn base.
Among the Latin names for this vegetable oil, the most commonly used direct Latin name of the plant is Hippophae rhamnoides . For oils suitable for use as part of classical aromatherapy techniques, markings are also acceptable oleum ex fructibus et foliis hippopheae , sea buckthorn (sometimes spelled). If you see any other markings on the packaging with oil, refuse to purchase such a product.
The basis of sea buckthorn is considered one of the most common vegetable oils in aromatherapy. It is very rarely falsified, but the quality spread among sea buckthorn oils is quite large: on sale today you can find high-quality sea buckthorn oils, as well as cheaper and practically devoid of all healing properties oils of low quality raw materials. The quality of sea buckthorn oil is determined not only by the area of cultivation, place of production, but also by the method of oil production.
A very important indicator, by the availability of information about which it is possible to judge the quality of the oil and its characteristics - carotenoid levels , which should not only be indicated in the instructions and on the label, but also be not less than 180 mg% . If there is no information about this, you should not make a purchase.
Plant and production regions
It is better to purchase sea buckthorn oil, produced in the same place where the plant was grown, while local, domestic oils are only welcome. The manufacturer must provide information on the environmental friendliness of the region, control assessment, certificates and standardization. Check if the oil indicates that it is obtained from a special selection of sea buckthorn, high-grade and with improved fruiting characteristics: the mediocrity of the raw material directly determines the low quality of the oil itself.
Composition and form of release
|Oil solution for oral and external use||1 fl.|
|carotenoids no less||180%|
|a complex of biologically active substances from sea buckthorn fruits: tocopherols, sterols, PUFAs (linoleic, palmitoleic, oleic, linolenic, palmitic)|
in bottles of orange glass of 20, 50 and 100 ml, in a pack of cardboard 1 bottle.
|Gelatin Capsules||1 caps. (200 or 300 mg)|
|carotenoids no less||180 mg%|
|a complex of biologically active substances from sea buckthorn fruits: tocopherols, sterols, PUFAs (linoleic, palmitoleic, oleic, palmitic)|
in plastic banks of 100 pcs. (200 mg), in a pack of cardboard 1 can, in packs of blister packs of 10 pcs., In a pack of cardboard 1 or 5 (200 mg) packs.
Description of the dosage form
Oil solution for oral and external use - an oily orange-red liquid with a characteristic odor.
Gelatin Capsules - gelatin capsules of cherry color, spherical in shape, filled with an oily liquid of orange-red color with a characteristic odor and taste inherent in the fruits of sea buckthorn.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil
The fruits of sea buckthorn and sea buckthorn oil have the greatest medicinal value. They are used to treat and prevent various diseases. Sea buckthorn oil is rich in vitamins, acids and trace elements that are beneficial to the human body.
The composition of sea buckthorn oil includes:
- Linolenic acid (omega 3), linoleic acid (omega 6), oleic acid (omega 9). These acids belong to the group of unsaturated fatty acids. They are contained in sea buckthorn oil in the form of triglycerides (derivatives of glycerol and higher fatty acids).
- Palmitoleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid. The main feature of these acids is that when they dry, a transparent film is formed - linoxin. This remedy helps in the treatment of skin diseases.
- Vitamin A. This vitamin is fat-soluble and performs several functions in the human body. It increases resistance to infections, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and the mucous membrane of the respiratory and digestive systems. It also plays a protective role in the development of neoplasms, slowing the growth of diseased cells, affects some aspects of the human body's immune responses. Vitamin A is part of the retinal pigment. A deficiency in the body of this substance can lead to dry skin, impaired vision (especially at night) Also, the functions of the gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary system, the growth process in children are disturbed. In sea buckthorn and sea buckthorn oil, this vitamin is in the form of carotene, which gives the plant an orange-yellow color. And when it gets into the body, carotene is processed into vitamin A (retinol).
- Vitamin C (vitamin C).Vitamin C is involved in redox processes, tissue respiration. Ascorbic acid normalizes the permeability of the walls of the capillaries of blood vessels, improves iron absorption, stimulates blood coagulation, and increases resistance to infections. It also contributes to the synthesis of antibodies, interferon and steroid hormones. Vitamin C is very easily destroyed by exposure to high temperature, light and sunlight. With a lack of this vitamin, you can feel general weakness, headaches, notice blueness of the lips, decreased performance. Also, resistance to infections decreases, the skin becomes dry, gum bleeding, minor hemorrhages and other symptoms appear.
- Vitamin K. This is a group of antihemorrhagic (hemostatic) factors (phylloquinone - K1 and menaquinone - K2), which regulates blood coagulation. Vitamin K is also involved in the formation of prothrombin in the liver, affects the metabolism and increases the strength of the walls of the capillaries. With a deficiency of this substance in the human body, blood coagulability is violated, a tendency to bleeding is detected, hemorrhagic diathesis develops (blood disease, a sign of which is bleeding of the surface of the skin or organs).
- Vitamin E (tocopherol).Vitamin E is also a fat-soluble vitamin that regulates the processes of reproduction, the exchange of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, improves the absorption of vitamin A and is involved in the regulation of oxidative processes. This vitamin is found in almost all food products, especially in vegetable oils (including sea buckthorn).
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine). This is a water-soluble vitamin that normalizes the absorption of carbohydrates, mineral metabolism, peristalsis (muscle contraction) of the stomach, blood circulation, improves the protective functions of the body and promotes its growth. With a lack of thiamine, the nervous system suffers the most - irritability, insomnia, fatigue and other symptoms appear.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin). This substance regulates redox processes, carbohydrate metabolism, normalizes vision, growth processes and hemoglobin synthesis. With a lack of vitamin B2, tissue respiration is suppressed, appetite worsens, headache appears, performance decreases, and the functions of the central nervous system are impaired (CNS) The mucous membrane of the oral cavity and lips is also inflamed, painful cracks form in the corners of the mouth ("Jamming") There is redness and burning of the eye mucosa, lacrimation, conjunctivitis (mucosal inflammation), blepharitis (inflammation of the edges of the eyelids) and other manifestations of eye diseases.
- Folic acid. This substance stimulates erythropoiesis (hematopoiesis, in which red blood cells are formed), is involved in the synthesis of amino acids and nucleic acids. With a deficiency in the body of folic acid, the inflammatory process of the mucous membrane of the mouth and tongue develops, ulcers appear, and digestion and the process of hematopoiesis are also disturbed.
- Flavonoids (rutin, campferol and others). This is a group of drugs that affect the permeability of the walls of the capillaries. They are used for increased fragility of capillaries, hemorrhagic diathesis, radiation sickness (a disease that occurs as a result of exposure to various types of ionizing radiation on the body), allergic reactions and infectious diseases.
- Organic acids (wine, apple, salicylic and others).
- Magnesium, silicon, iron, calcium, nickel, molybdenum, manganese, strontium.
Therapy with the drug is recommended to be carried out under the supervision of a specialist.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and complex mechanisms
The drug does not adversely affect the ability to drive vehicles, as well as perform complex and potentially dangerous types of work.
A unique nutritious oil with an unusual composition is extracted from sea buckthorn berries, which are processed together with seeds. The quality of the base depends on the method of obtaining: sea buckthorn oil obtained by cold pressing is considered the best .
Hot pressing leads to the loss of a significant proportion of tocopherols and vitamins in the composition, and extraction with oil solvents or carbon dioxide significantly affects the spectrum of healing and cosmetic properties.
The quality of the oil also depends on the raw materials. Actually, sea buckthorn oil owes much of its composition to seeds, but the oil content in the soft tissues of the fruits is also very high. Oil obtained exclusively from seeds is considered a kind of concentrate and is more aggressive in all respects than oil from seeds and fruits.
Harm of sea buckthorn oil
Despite the benefits that this wonderful product of nature brings, it also conceals negative aspects. It is worth remembering that, first of all, it is a very strong, highly concentrated drug. After all, there is a significant difference between "eat a teaspoon of sea buckthorn berries" and "drink a teaspoon of oil."In order not to harm your body, before using it, it is better to consult a doctor who will help you choose the right and safe dosage.
Doctors unanimously reiterate that for the treatment of external skin lesions, whether wounds or diseases of a dermatological nature, it is impossible to use sea buckthorn oil in its pure form. Self-preparation of compositions, for example with egg white or with other oils (olive, vegetable), is encouraged. You can also combine it with creams and ointments, which are pre-purchased in pharmacies. The use of 100% oil in the treatment of skin problems can significantly reduce the level of its resistance to aggressive external factors.
Oil can show its negative qualities at the moment, of course, if it comes to ingestion, since such treatment can aggravate problems with the stool, which will lead to dehydration. It can also be harmful to people who suffer from diseases of the liver, bile, and that is why, in order to avoid complications, you should always consult your doctor.
As such, sea buckthorn oil does not carry harm to a healthy person, the main thing is not to increase the allowable dosage of the drug and then everything will be fine. But with chronic health problems, a specialist consultation is always required, even if the oil helps to get rid of an existing ailment.
Dosage and administration
Locally, by mouth, rectally, inhalation.Locally in the form of oil dressings every other day (until the appearance of granulations), after cleaning the affected area from granulations.
In gynecology, it is used for lubrication or on tampons: with colpitis and endocervicitis, the walls of the vagina are lubricated by first cleaning them with cotton balls, with erosion of the cervix uteri, abundantly moistened tampons (5-10 ml per tampon) are tightly pressed to the erosion surface, changing them daily. The course of treatment of colpitis - 10-15 procedures, endocervicitis and erosion - 8-12 procedures. If necessary, repeat the course after 4-6 weeks. For diseases of the oral mucosa and periodontium, they are used in the form of applications or turundas moistened with oil, a course of treatment of 10-15 procedures.
Inside before meals, 1 teaspoon or 8 capsules 2-3 times a day. In case of peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum - 1 teaspoon 3 times a day 30–40 minutes before meals and 1 teaspoon at night, before bedtime. With peptic ulcer of the duodenum, the dose of oil is gradually increased to 1 dess. Spoon. With significantly increased acidity of the gastric juice, a dose of oil is recommended to be washed down with alkaline mineral water without gas. The course of treatment is 25-30 days. As a tonic - 2-3 tsp daily fasting.
Rectally in the form of microclysters, after emptying the intestine is injected deep into the anus. Adults and children over 14 years old - 0.5 g 2 times a day, the course of treatment - 10-15 days. Children under 6 years of age - 0.5 g once a day, 6-14 years - 0.5 g 1-2 times a day, the course of treatment - 14 days or more. If necessary, repeat the course after 4-6 weeks.
Inhalation 15 minutes daily, for diseases of the upper respiratory tract, the course of treatment is 8-10 procedures.
Sea buckthorn oil is available in three forms:
- In the whole form for indoor and outdoor use in brown glass or plastic bottles from 25 to 100 milligrams (manufacturers are the Russian pharmaceutical companies Samaramedprom, Katun Oleum, Altayvitaminy).
- 200 mg soft capsules for oral administration (manufacturers - RealTabs, Altivitamins),
- Rectal suppositories of 0.5 grams (pharmaceutical companies Pharmaprim, Dalchimpharm, NIZHFARM).
Preparations are dispensed without a prescription with annotation and instructions for use.
Sea buckthorn oil reviews
Reviews about sea buckthorn oil are mostly positive.Patients indicate its effectiveness in the treatment of anal fissures, hemorrhoids, cervical erosion, and digestive tract diseases. According to reviews, the drug helps with erosive and ulcerative defects of the oral mucosa and gums, skin inflammations, burns, difficult to heal wounds, bedsores.
However, there are also patients who express dissatisfaction with the weak effect of the drug or the lack of effect when using it, especially in the treatment of hemorrhoids. The disadvantages of the drug include the appearance of side effects, in most cases manifested in the form of allergic reactions.
How to apply various forms of sea buckthorn oil?
Inside, sea buckthorn oil must be taken before meals, one teaspoon 2 or 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 10 to 15 days.
Sea buckthorn oil is taken topically in the form of oil dressings every other day, after cleansing the affected area of the skin.
In gynecology, oil is used for lubrication or on tampons. With endocervicitis and colpitis, the vaginal walls are first cleaned with cotton balls, and then lubricated with sea buckthorn oil. The course of treatment is 10 to 15 procedures. With cervical erosion, tampons are abundantly moistened5 - 10 ml of oil per swab) and pressed to the erosion surface, changing them daily.
For diseases of the oral mucosa and periodontium, sea buckthorn oil is used in the form of applications or turundas moistened with oil. It is necessary to perform 8 to 10 procedures.
Sea buckthorn oil is used rectally in the form of microclysters, which are injected deep into the anus after bowel movement.
Suppositories with sea buckthorn oil should be used after a cleansing enema or spontaneous release of the intestines. Release the suppository (a candle) from the contour packaging, you should enter it deep into the anus, being in a horizontal position on the side. While the candle is dissolved, it is necessary to lie down. It is recommended to take 1 or 2 times a day for one suppository, for 10 - 15 days. If necessary, the course of treatment can be repeated after 4 to 6 weeks.
In capsules, sea buckthorn oil should be taken according to the instructions for use. Adults are advised to take 6 to 8 capsules 3 times daily with meals. The duration of the drug is from 10 to 14 days. As a general strengthening agent, 3-4 capsules can be taken 1 or 2 times a day.
An ointment based on sea buckthorn oil should be applied with a thin layer on the affected area, then cover it with a sterile gauze dressing and fix with adhesive plaster. Before using the drug, it is necessary to empty the intestines, conduct hygienic treatment of the anus, and also wash the anus with warm water and pat it with a soft towel.
For peptic ulcer, the medicine is used 1 teaspoon three times a day or 2-3 capsules up to three times a day. For maintenance therapy, you can increase the amount with a single dose to 1 dessert spoon.
For rectal use for adults and children from 14 years old, 2 suppositories are used per day, for patients from 6 to 14 years old - 1 suppository 1-2 times a day, for children under 6 years old - 1 suppository per day.
For external use, the oil is used in an arbitrary dosage sufficient to wet the skin and mucous membranes.
Side effects when using sea buckthorn fruit oil are associated with an allergy to the components in the oil. From the skin and mucous membranes, there may be a burning sensation, itching, redness. In this case, wash off the oil with a mild soap.
When ingested, side effects such as bitterness in the mouth, dyspeptic symptoms - vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, heartburn are noted. Treatment in this case is symptomatic (taking enterosorbents, antacids, antihistamines).
The average cost of sea buckthorn oil in pharmacies for various forms is:
- oil for oral and external use - from 250 to 570 rubles,
- soft capsules - up to 100 rubles,
- rectal suppositories - from 50 to 110 rubles.
The price of drugs may vary depending on the quantity in the package.
Sea buckthorn oil has no absolute analogues, as it is a unique herbal preparation. Analogs by origin and therapeutic effect include:
- Tykveol (oral oil, gelatin capsules, suppositories) - a derivative of the active substances of pumpkin seeds containing retinol, tocopherols, phospholipids, oleic, linoleic and linolenic acids.
- Rosehip Seed Oil (a preparation for oral and topical use in dark glass bottles of 100 milliliters) - contains carotenoids, tocopherols, linolenic and linoleic acids. It is used for skin regeneration with trophic ulcers, pressure sores, and nipple cracks in nursing women.
Among the combined preparations based on natural and synthetic components, analogues of sea buckthorn oil include Panthenol, Bepanten, ointment "Rescuer", Vishnevsky ointment and others.
Cheaper analogues of sea buckthorn oil are natural preparations with regenerating and wound healing properties:
- plantain juice
- aloe tree juice.
They can be used in home-made recipes in the form of decoctions and water tinctures for oral use and preparation of lotions, compresses, ointments.
Sea buckthorn is a deciduous shrub of the Sucker family, reaching a height of up to 10 m. Buckthorn is considered the most famous species.
Favorite places of plant growth are riverbanks, mountainous terrain, rocky and sandy soil at an altitude of 3300-4500 m, and even 50-degree frosts of Siberia are not afraid of a thorny bush. The name of the plant is symbolic and describes the appearance of the shrub - bright orange berries literally cling to thin branches on all sides, and inside the berries there is a small bone.
Shrubs are common in Europe, Central Asia, Canada and the United States. A lot of sea buckthorn plants are located in China, and their number is many times greater than the current in Russia. Often the plant is used to form hedges, strengthen ravines, slopes.
What is useful sea buckthorn
The health benefits of almost all plant parts are due to the unique composition of sea buckthorn.
Berries contain the following beneficial substances:
- The berries contain up to 4.5% carotenoids, 2.57% water-soluble carbohydrates, 4.4–9% fatty oil, 2.8% organic acids, 0.79% pectins.
- The amount of triterpenic acids is 505-1170 mg / 100 g: they prevent and normalize blood circulation, have a therapeutic effect,.
- The composition of sea buckthorn contains a large amount of B-sitosterol, which has an antisclerotic effect.
- Serotonin has an antitumor effect.
- Choline increases blood pressure, prevents fatty hepatosis and the development of atherosclerosis thanks.
- Flavonoids, which are found in all parts of the plant, are anticancer antioxidants and can be used to prevent cancer.
- Phenolic compounds, a large number of which are found in fresh berries, inhibit the growth of gram-negative bacteria, including Helicobacter pylori.
- The plant contains 15 trace elements, among which are magnesium, iron, boron, manganese, sulfur, silicon, titanium, and aluminum.
- C: 54-316 mg (reduction and strengthening of the myocardium and vascular walls, prevention of hemorrhage, support for liver and kidney function),
- P: 75-100 mg (strengthening capillaries and reducing their bleeding),
- B9: 0.79 mg (participation in the formation of red blood cells, anti-cancer effect against cervical cancer, normalization of production of hydrochloric acid),
- B1: 0.016-0.085 mg (regulation of metabolic processes, nervous and cardiovascular activity),
- B2: 0.030-0.056 mg (participation in cellular respiration),
- provitamin A: 0.9-10.9 mg (normalization of the function of sweat, sex and lacrimal glands, pancreas and thyroid gland),
- E: 8-18 mg (synthesis of sex hormones, protection of fetal development, rejuvenation, elimination of toxins),
- K: 0.9-1.5 mg (decrease in bleeding and fragility of blood vessels),
- unsaturated fatty acids - up to 77% (in oil).
Sea buckthorn oil contains many beneficial substances.
So, 100 g of oil obtained from pulp contains 112–154 mg of tocopherols, 168–215 mg of carotenoids, 0.89% phospholipids, more than 90 mg of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, and only sea buckthorn oil is characterized by a unique combination of healthy omega 3 and omega-6 PUFAs in a ratio of 50:50.
100 g of oil, squeezed from the pulp of berries, contains 180-250 mg of carotenoids, 40-100 mg of carotene, 110-165 mg of a-tocopherol and retinol.
The leaves and shoots of the plant are characterized by a rich composition, but the content of useful substances in fruits and oil is higher.
Medicinal raw materials
All parts of the plant are of medicinal value: berries, seeds (seeds), leaves, young shoots, roots and bark. Berries are used to make butter, juice, marmalade, candy, jam, jelly and even alcoholic drinks, and roots, leaves and bark are used to make tinctures, teas and decoctions.
Harvesting of berries is carried out at their full maturity, in dry weather. The best method of harvesting, which allows you to save all the beneficial properties of berries, is quick freezing. Ripe berries can be dried in a dryer at a temperature of about 40 C. Using a press, concentrated juice is obtained from berries, and sea buckthorn oil is made from pulp.
Twigs and leaves can be collected in June - they are dried in a dry, dark and well-ventilated place.
You can harvest sea buckthorn juice, but using the pasteurization method, since boiling destroys most of the nutrients.
Useful properties and contraindications
The plant is actively used by both official and traditional medicine, and is also used in homeopathy, cooking and cosmetology. The pharmaceutical industry produces oil, syrup, dietary supplements, tinctures and candles containing sea buckthorn. Berries make jam, jam, juices, fruit drinks, confiture and sweets.
The plant is characterized by pronounced healing properties and has the following effects on the human body:
- wound healing
- normalizing the work of almost all internal organs
Indications for the treatment of sea buckthorn
- various types of dermatoses and (except allergic), skin lesions, including burns and frostbite at the stage of regeneration, purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, bedsores, erosion
- eye diseases
- gynecological diseases, including cervicitis
- and male
- , and gastropathy, including associated with H.pilori
- , periodontitis, pulpitis
- oncological diseases
- high risk of heart attacks and strokes
- depression, insomnia, neurosis
In addition to the well-known sea buckthorn oil, there are a number of equally well-known drugs that use the healing properties of sea buckthorn:
- Angi Sept tablets by Dr. Theiss. They are used for inflammatory diseases of the pharynx and throat. Price - 160-230 rubles,
- Hyporamine tablets from FarmVILAR. A broad-spectrum antiviral drug. Price - 120-130 rubles,
- Rectal suppositories with sea buckthorn oil from Nizhpharm. They are used to treat hemorrhoids. Price - 80-90 rubles,
- Pomogusha dragee with sea buckthorn LLC "South" - a comprehensive dietary supplement for children. Price - 250-300 rubles,
- Oralgin spray with sea buckthorn from Artlife is an antiseptic drug for the treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa. Price - 150-160 rubles.
Texture, color and aroma
The consistency of sea buckthorn oil is very liquid, but with pronounced oiliness and fat content. The oil retains absolute transparency at high temperatures of at least 25 degrees, while when reduced to standard room temperatures it may become cloudy (though, more often, such clouding can be observed in oil that was extracted exclusively from seeds than from a mixture of berries and seeds of sea buckthorn).
The color of sea buckthorn oil is no less spectacular than the color of berries, however, the color of the oil contains less yellow and more red pigments. The palette fluctuates within the fiery variations of the orange and red colors.
The aroma of sea buckthorn oil, however, like the taste, completely repeats the characteristic features of the berries of this shrub. This base belongs to the most intense and unusual among vegetable oils by gastronomic characteristics. Tart, sugary, sweet, with sour and woody overtones, the smell of this base seems rich and berry, and the taste combines astringency with a sour finish, which only reveals the overall intensity.
Pure sea buckthorn oil in its pure form is practically not used for aromatherapy purposes. In daily or special cosmetics and in any methods involving contact with the skin, it is used only in the form diluted with other base oils.
It is advisable to combine sea buckthorn with oils that have protective and anti-inflammatory properties. This is due to the extremely high content of carotene, which with constant use leads to hypersensitivity and extreme susceptibility of the skin to ultraviolet rays and traumatic elements, including chemicals. An exception to this rule is serious skin diseases and injuries, in which an intensive healing effect is more important than extreme phototoxicity.
When applied to the skin, even in a diluted form, sea buckthorn has a visible anesthetic and soothing effect, while the oil feels oily and thick. In its pure form, it increases the sensitivity of the skin and its susceptibility.
The most noticeable effect of diluted sea buckthorn oil on aging skin is: despite the dominance of another vegetable oil, it has a softening and regenerating effect that increases skin elasticity.
Sea buckthorn oil composition
The effect on the composition of sea buckthorn oil has many factors. The climatic conditions of plant growth, the maturity of the fruits used in production, the time of their collection and the processing technique - all these conditions cause differences in the nutritional properties of each particular oil. However, each oil contains:
- Vitamins A, B (B1, B2, B6), C, E, K,
- minerals - calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium,
- flavonoids, familiar to everyone as vitamin P,
- phenolic compounds
- organic acids - tartaric, malic, oxalic,
- folic acid,
- provitamin D,
- boron, manganese,
- unsaturated fatty acids - oleic and linolenic acids,
- amino acids
- phytosterols, including beta-sitosterol and ergosterol.
There are two types of sea buckthorn oil. They have some common features and are relatively equally rich in nutrients. However, there are some differences between them, so it is advisable to consult a specialist before using them.
- The first type of oil is produced from the seeds of a plant. It has a pale orange color and a rather fluid structure. It has a lot of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids.
- The second type is extracted from the fruits of the plant and is considered more valuable, so it costs more. This oil has a dark red color and is highly viscous. It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and omega-7 acid.
Useful properties of sea buckthorn oil
- The oil of this plant is good for the whole body and helps to fight many ailments and diseases. It has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. It contains a large amount of vitamin C, so it can be used to treat and prevent colds.
- It has a beneficial effect on the circulatory system - reduces blood pressure, prevents coronary heart disease, prevents the development of atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
- The active substances in sea buckthorn oil reduce rheumatic symptoms. They lower LDL cholesterol - its oxidation is prevented (note: oxidized cholesterol thickens and settles on the walls of blood vessels).
- It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, therefore it is useful in the treatment of various inflammations, vaginitis and conjunctivitis. Due to the content of minerals such as iron, manganese and phosphorus, the body's absorption of various vitamins and nutrients improves. Thanks to this, sea buckthorn can prevent anemia.
- Sea buckthorn oil helps in the treatment of a huge list of diseases of the digestive system, including peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcers. Accelerates the treatment of hemorrhoids - painful areas should be lubricated with a cotton swab.
- Oil is recommended to combat heartburn and dyspepsia. Due to the regenerative properties, it is suitable for the treatment of frostbite, scars, burns, skin damage after radiation therapy and difficult to heal wounds.
- External use is recommended for hair care. Their loss is prevented, and split ends of the hair are eliminated. At the same time, an antifungal effect is manifested and hair shine is given.
- Very often, external use is relevant for skin care. Oil from these berries has a rejuvenating effect. Daily use of oil slows down the aging process, and also moisturizes the skin, maintains its elasticity and cleanses well.
- Organic acids that are part of sea buckthorn oil protect against radiation and toxic effects of certain drugs. In dentistry, it is used to treat stomatitis, pulpitis, periodontitis.
It has long been proven that oil has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties and has a good effect on the body as a whole. It can be used in various ways, both for external use and for internal use.
- The most common way is to drink it before a meal. Usually taken orally up to 5 milligrams 2 or 3 times a day. But it is advisable to consult a doctor to clarify the dosage.
- Oil can also be used in the form of rinses - in case of problems with the oral cavity.
- The oil solution can also be rubbed directly into the skin - it is quickly absorbed and does not leave an oily layer.
- Sea buckthorn oil can sometimes be used in the form of an enema (5-10 drops per 1.5 liters of water). This method is especially recommended for bowel diseases.
In stores and pharmacies, you can find preparations based on sea buckthorn in the form of capsules and suppositories. Also available on sale are skin care cosmetics that contain sea buckthorn. The same applies to hair care cosmetics.
The most useful are the fresh, ripe berries of the plant, which provide the body with vital substances. Such a useful dietary supplement has a positive effect on the condition of the heart and blood vessels, reduces blood pressure, is a prevention of heart attack and stroke, thrombosis, strengthens the immune system, eliminates anemia, rejuvenates the body and helps to restore the body.
Application: 50-100 grams of berries per day, 30 minutes after eating for 1 month. Since the taste of berries is specific, they can be mixed with honey or slightly sweetened. Berries can be washed with clean water at room temperature.
In the treatment of female and male infertility, sea buckthorn berries should be present in the daily diet, you can use them at 50 grams per day. If fresh berries could not be found or out of season, you can use frozen or dried ones, after soaking them in warm water.
How and how much to store sea buckthorn oil?
Sea buckthorn oil, which is prepared at home, should be stored in the refrigerator. The container in which the product will be stored should be made of dark glass. This is because under the influence of light, the beneficial properties of the oil may change or disappear (oil deteriorates, becomes bitter and unfit for consumption) Sea buckthorn oil is undesirable to store for more than 1 year.
Pharmaceutical sea buckthorn oil should be stored for 2 years from the date of issue. It should also be stored in the refrigerator.
Candles must also be stored in a cool place at an air temperature of up to 15 degrees (perfect fridge) Shelf life is 2 years.
Keep sea buckthorn oil in capsules in a dark, dry and cool place. Shelf life is 2 years from the date of production.
Oil for burns
To treat burns, you need to take a dry, clean cloth, which is applied with a thin layer of sea buckthorn oil. Further, this fabric should be used as a dressing that is applied to the burn. The application time is selected individually, but the procedure should be performed 5-6 times a day.
After a week of such procedures, there will be no burn marks on the skin, including redness and scarring. This method will be very effective if the burn is caused by exposure to hot water.
Sea-buckthorn oil: properties and application
Sea buckthorn oil can be used externally and internally, not only on the skin, but also on the mucous membranes. It is best to buy it already ready, in the pharmacy chain - it is sterile and can be used for various purposes. The only recommendation is to buy two bottles, one of which is used for external use, and the second for internal therapy.
Not everyone knows that sea buckthorn oil is an invaluable gift to the skin from nature. It is perfect for dry skin, effectively moisturizing it. It is also suitable for problematic skin. This tool is often used for various injuries and irritations of the skin. It relieves inflammation and irritation, disinfects, restores the skin, makes it more elastic. It also helps remove facial skin pigmentation.
It is enough to use only a few drops of oil per day. They can be added to various face and hand creams. Sea buckthorn oil can be used for the skin and in its pure form. It is heated in a water bath to provide better penetration into the skin. Often, various lotions or mixtures with other oils are made. In combination with other oils, it is used in massage procedures.
- To create a nourishing mask for the skin of the face, you need to mix sour cream and oil in a simple proportion of 2 to 1. The resulting mixture is applied to the face for about 20 minutes, and then washed off.
- To remove age spots, sea buckthorn oil is applied as thinly as possible exclusively on cleansed skin. After 20 minutes, the oil is removed with a cotton swab soaked in green tea.
- To improve aging skin, the oil is mixed with honey in a ratio of 1: 2, after which it is applied for 20 minutes. After this time, the mask is simply washed off with warm water.
Oil for hemorrhoids
Sea buckthorn oil is very effective for the treatment of hemorrhoids. It relieves the symptoms of the disease, creates a protective film, prevents excessive bleeding from the anus. For treatment, do not drink oil, but use it rectally. To do this, moisten a cotton swab in oil and place it in the anus.There will be no bad effect from such home procedures, therefore, each patient can independently verify the effectiveness of this remedy.
With internal hemorrhoids, sea buckthorn oil is used as an enema. A small amount of oil, usually not more than 50 milliliters, is warmed to room temperature, and an enema is injected into the rectum. In order for the oil to not come out, after the procedure, do not roll over in bed for about 30 minutes. The course of treatment is 10 days.
Diseases of the nose, mouth and throat
Natural sea buckthorn oil, as doctors say, has pronounced bactericidal properties, so it is often used for inflammation of the nasal mucosa and pharynx. The therapy is simple: they lubricate the surface of the mucosa 1-2 times / day.
By the way, treatment with sea buckthorn oil also gives positive results for gum disease. Many dentists recommend that their patients use natural oil in the treatment of affected areas of the gums (within 10-15 minutes 1-2 times a day).
Sea buckthorn oil can be used to improve bowel function. To achieve a laxative effect for constipation, use 1 teaspoon of oil before meals. Children under 12 years old are recommended to make enemas with the addition of sea buckthorn oil (2 - 3 tablespoons diluted with 100 ml of water).
Sea buckthorn rectal suppositories for constipation are also effective, inexpensive and harmless. Candles with sea buckthorn oil can also be used by pregnant women. This tool is recommended to be used no more than 2 times a day.
Gastric ulcer: sea buckthorn oil therapy
Doctors also recommend treating with sea buckthorn oil stomach ulcers / duodenal ulcers. To do this, before eating, you should drink 1 tsp. oils. In addition, this method has shown itself well in the treatment of some tumor diseases of the digestive tract.
- Hair loss is a serious problem for many people. To solve it, you can use sea buckthorn oil, which strengthens the hair roots and ensures their growth. With severe hair loss, internal use of oil is recommended for one teaspoon twice / day.
- You can also use various masks. It is necessary to mix sea buckthorn, eucalyptus, castor oil, pepper and thistle in equal amounts. The resulting mixture was left for several hours, and then washed off. This procedure helps strengthen weak hair.
- It is recommended to use sea buckthorn oil in conjunction with dimexide. This enhances the healing effect of sea buckthorn. But dimexide has contraindications, for this reason, if negative effects occur, stop using this drug. To prepare an effective mask 2 tbsp. tablespoons of oil mixed with one tbsp. spoon of dimexidum and immediately applied to the hair. Then a plastic coating is put on and the head is covered with a cloth on top. Hair loss is reduced after three treatments, and full restoration of the hair structure occurs after ten sessions. Treatment should be carried out, according to experts, twice / week, and be sure for several months.
- Also effective is a mixture in a ratio of 6/1 olive and sea buckthorn oils, which is applied to the hair for 40 minutes.
- For the treatment of scalp with psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, a mixture based on sea buckthorn oil should be used. To prepare the mixture you will need 15 ml of American clay, 30 ml of glycerin, 20 drops of sea buckthorn oil. You need to mix all the ingredients and shake the mixture well. Further, it is gently applied to the scalp using gentle rubbing.
- As extra hair care, you can add 10-20 drops of oil to your favorite shampoo.
At the first signs of a runny nose, inhalations with sea buckthorn oil can be used.It is necessary to heat one liter of water and pour 1 teaspoon of oil into it. This mixture needs to be slightly cooled and breathed over it for 10 minutes for an adult patient and for 2 minutes for a child. Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times a day.
With a pronounced cold, inhalation will be ineffective. In this case, the oil can be instilled into the nose. Before the procedure, it is necessary to clean and rinse the nasal passages with saline. Usually 3 drops of sea buckthorn oil are instilled into each nostril of an adult up to 5 times a day. The child drip 2 drops in each nostril 2 times a day.
Tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis
With tonsillitis, pharyngitis or laryngitis with cotton turunda, it is necessary to lubricate the mucous membranes of the tonsils or pharynx. This procedure must be carried out daily 2 times a day for 7 to 8 days.
Rinses are also effective. To do this, dilute 30 ml of sea buckthorn oil and a glass of warm water (water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees in order to avoid burns of the mucosa) Rinse is carried out at least 5 times a day.
Sea-buckthorn oil contraindication
Among the contraindications, first of all, includes individual intolerance to the components that make up the sea buckthorn oil. As already mentioned a little earlier, it can not be used for exacerbation of chronic diseases of the pancreas, liver and bile. In no case do not use the composition for diarrhea.
It is also worth mentioning the caution of outdoor use. Sea buckthorn oil can be called a remedy. Therefore, before applying the composition to large areas of the skin - check the reaction of your body on the inside of the bend of the elbow or wrist. Apply a small amount and wait a few hours. If at the end of the "test" period there were no unpleasant sensations or visible reactions, you can safely apply it as planned.
Oil intake is especially indicated in the treatment of ulcers and gastritis, poisoning, dysbiosis, chronic diseases and toxic lesions of the liver and kidneys, as well as atherosclerosis and anemia. Application: 1 tsp. oil half an hour before meals three times a day.
For cancer of the esophagus or stomach, take half a teaspoon of oil three times a day before meals for the entire period of radiation therapy and another 3 weeks after its completion.
With angina, half a teaspoon of oil is added to a glass of warm milk and drunk in the morning and evening before meals.
- As a basis for compresses - in the treatment of burns and frostbite at the stage of regeneration, as well as pressure sores,
- As an impregnation for tampons at night - for the treatment of colpitis, cervical erosion (7-10 days in a row),
- 1-2 ml of oil is administered twice a day in the maxillary sinus for the treatment of sinusitis (7-10 days),
- To combat acute rhinitis, it is enough to instill 1-2 drops of oil in each nostril 2-3 times a day,
- For external lubrication of affected areas of the skin 2-3 times / day - in the treatment of trophic ulcers, purulent wounds, dermatitis,
- For inhalation of 2-3 tbsp. tablespoons of oil per 1 liter of water - in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the pharynx, tonsillitis, tonsillitis, flu,
- In a mixture with camphor (half a glass of oil for 2 tablespoons of camphor) for rubbing overnight - with a long-standing and intractable cough, at least 4-5 days in a row,
- In ophthalmology, sea buckthorn oil is used for keratitis, damage to the cornea of the eye, burns of the cornea.
- Pure oil is used to lubricate the tonsils - in the treatment of acute and chronic tonsillitis, as well as in the recovery period after tonsillectomy.
Sea buckthorn oil treatment
Here are a few recipes that will help in the treatment of ailments.
- From problems associated with ulcers and gastritis: oil is taken orally by a teaspoon half an hour before meals. The duration of treatment is a month. If the acidity of the stomach is increased, then the oil should be washed down with a non-carbonated alkaline mineral water.
- For the treatment of colpitis and cervicitis: the walls of the vagina and cervix are lubricated with oil. You need to do the procedure after preliminary douching of the vagina with warm boiled water. The duration of treatment is 14 procedures. If you need a second course, then it is carried out with an interval of six weeks.
- To eliminate cracks and inflammation in the corners of the lips, a simple lubrication of the affected surface with sea buckthorn oil will suffice.
- In case of gum disease, apply cotton wool with sea buckthorn oil to the affected areas. You need to hold it for about 15 minutes.
- You can get rid of acute and chronic sinusitis if 5 ml of sterile oil is injected into the maxillary sinuses. The procedure is repeated twice a day.
The use of oil in cosmetology
- Sea buckthorn for the skin is used when it is dry - you should gently rub warm sea buckthorn oil into the skin at night, instead of a cream,
- Oil for the skin of the face is used with excessive fat content - rubbing the problem areas 2 times a day with a cotton pad slightly moistened with oil helps to solve this problem,
- Sea buckthorn oil is ideal as a basis for massage, as it is well absorbed, does not create excessive fat on the skin and promotes rapid heating of tissues,
- For brittle nails, it is recommended to do daily baths with heated sea buckthorn oil,
- Hair oil helps with their loss - you can rub it into the roots and leave it overnight under a cotton hat, and in the morning wash your hair thoroughly, repeating the procedure 2 times a week.
Sea buckthorn oil, the harm and benefits of which is described above, is a universal natural product that helps in the effective treatment of many diseases, so it should be in every home.
Method number 1
- Wash and dry the fresh berries well, distributing them on paper.
- Squeeze the juice from the prepared product. If the last leaked pieces of berry - strain the composition.
- Pour "nectar" into a shallow but wide-brimmed bowl. This will make it convenient to subsequently collect the resulting oil.
- Place the container in a dark corner for about 24 hours.
- When you reach the container, you will see how oil has formed on the surface of the juice. It needs to be carefully collected. You can do this with a small spoon or pipette, which will be more convenient. Drain the oil into a well-prepared dry vial with a tight-fitting lid.
Ready oil should be stored in the refrigerator. The amount of product obtained will be small, but it is such oil that is recommended to be used in face care, as it has the highest quality.
Infusions, teas and decoctions of sea buckthorn
Sea buckthorn leaves are characterized by the same beneficial properties and contraindications as the berries of the plant. To obtain medicinal drinks use dry raw materials.
Tea from sea buckthorn leaves is recommended to drink with stomatitis, periodontitis and pulpitis, as well as with diabetes. To receive it, 1 tsp. dry leaves pour a glass of boiling water, insist ten minutes, filter and drink 200 ml twice a day.
A decoction of leaves helps in the treatment of joints: 1 tbsp. dry chopped leaves pour a glass of boiling water and boil over low heat for 10 minutes. Take half a glass of cooled broth 2 times a day.
Sea-buckthorn infusion is prepared in the same way as a decoction, but it is not boiled, but insisted for half an hour. Take half a glass of 2 r / day for rheumatism and gout.
Method number 2
Unlike the previous method, in addition to berries, you will need refined oil, which you can choose to your taste.
- Wash the berries thoroughly and dry in an oven over very low heat. Berries should become completely dry and hard. However, be careful that the fruits are in no way burnt.
- After this, the berries must be turned into flour. To do this, they can be passed through a meat grinder.
- Pour the flour into a jar and pour the warmed oil so that the latter completely covers the first.Mix thoroughly, cover and place for a week in a dark place, not forgetting to shake the composition daily.
- After the specified time has passed, strain, and put the finished oil on again to infuse until the sediment appears at the bottom and the composition itself becomes clean.
- The finished oil must be poured so that the sediment does not fall into a new container.
The finished oil is obtained not pure, but 15%. If a similar procedure is carried out once again with a new batch of fruits, but instead of using the usual oil, use the resulting oil, then the concentration will be doubled, etc.
Method number 3
Here you will need about four glasses of fresh sea buckthorn berries and half a liter of any unrefined oil. Before the cooking process, the fruits must be kept in the freezer for about a week. After this, the berries are transferred to the refrigerator for gradual thawing.
- Rinse the prepared berries and squeeze the juice from them. Strain the latter and pour into a jar and refrigerate.
- Distribute the resulting cake on paper and let it dry. Separate the grains from the oilcake and grind them into flour. Place the last with the cake in a 2-liter pan.
- Pour sea buckthorn juice with unrefined oil into the same container. Knead everything well, close the lid and install in a water bath. In this position, hold the composition for about three hours.
- Remove the pan and place it in a dark corner for 72 hours. After the expiration of the period it will be possible to detect oil on the surface, which must be carefully collected and transferred to a prepared container.
- Pour the remaining composition into the pan narrower and wait another three days. The oil will gather again. The whole process is repeated about four times, all this time the juice overflows into the container already.
Among other things, squeezing from sea buckthorn is capable of:
- relieve pain
- stimulate the production of bile,
- improve the appearance of skin and hair,
- strengthen immunity.
When using an active supplement, the processes of fat metabolism normalize and, accordingly, excess weight is lost.
Sea buckthorn oil can be used as a natural laxative. It envelops the walls of the digestive tract, contributing to the promotion of processed masses. It acts on the receptors of the mucosa, causing the intestines to contract more actively.
Sea buckthorn oil. Beneficial features. Treatment. Application.
How many healing properties of this berry.
Just a storehouse of all the vitamins.
True, collecting it is not very pleasant, but you can please yourself and your loved ones with natural health.
Sea buckthorn is a practically non-waste raw material. You can make juice out of it and then freeze it in cubes in the freezer. And how wonderful it is to add such cubes to tea in winter. Just useful and pleasant memories of the summer in your cup. And from the remaining cake you can cook sea buckthorn oil.
Sea buckthorn oil. Properties
Strengthens the immune system.
Sea buckthorn oil has excellent wound healing and action. Used internally for the treatment of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
It has a high biological activity.
It has bactericidal properties, therefore it is good to use sea buckthorn oil for suppurating, long-healing wounds, for any skin problems.
It has a painkiller.
Increases blood vessel elasticity. Improves blood supply.
Lowers blood cholesterol.
It has an antimicrobial effect. It perfectly treats all stomatitis, periodontal disease, tonsillitis.
Perfectly apply oil to treat hair. With the help of sea buckthorn oil, hair growth is accelerated. It is also recommended to use sea buckthorn oil to eliminate dandruff.
Sea buckthorn oil is very beneficial for improving cardiac performance.
Sea buckthorn oil has laxative properties, therefore it is prescribed for the treatment of constipation.
Prevents the development of obesity.
Normalizes metabolic processes in the body.
Normalizes and restores the liver.
It has a general strengthening effect.
Useful for men to maintain male strength.
Improves the functioning of the pancreas and thyroid glands.
Protects the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
Effective in cosmetology to get rid of freckles, age spots, smoothes wrinkles.
Sea buckthorn oil. Contraindications
Acute inflammation in the stomach, gall bladder, liver, pancreas.
Gallstone disease, diarrhea. Individual intolerance.
How to make sea buckthorn oil? Sea buckthorn oil at home.
Well ripened whole berries should be thoroughly washed with running water and dried. I usually dry on a baking sheet, which I cover with a clean cotton towel. After that, squeeze the juice through a juicer. Collect the cake.
Place the cake on paper (in no case in the sun) for drying. Be sure not to mold it. Some are dried in the oven at a temperature of 50 degrees. I do not do this.
Grind the dry cake in a coffee grinder (you can also in the usual form) and place in a glass jar. Pour oil preheated to 45 degrees. Olive oil is best suited for this. It is imperative to ensure that the oil covers the cake by about 3 cm. The jar should be wrapped in a dark cloth or foil. Soak at room temperature for a week. The cake should be mixed daily.
After that, filter the oil through a thick layer of gauze. Pour into small glass containers and store in the refrigerator.
If you are not ready to make sea buckthorn oil yourself, there is no desire and opportunity, you can buy it at a pharmacy. Sold in the form of oil, in the form of gelatin capsules and in the form of candles.
Sea buckthorn oil. Treatment. Application.
Sea buckthorn oil is used both inside and out.
Inside, sea buckthorn oil is used to treat diseases of the stomach and duodenum, for the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis, for metabolic disorders, for leveling the hormonal background, for the comprehensive treatment of infertility, with stomatitis and some other problems and diseases.
Outwardly, sea buckthorn oil is used to heal wounds and burns, prevent premature skin aging, strengthen hair and for visual acuity.
Now about this a little more.
Sea buckthorn oil for gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
This is perhaps the most common way to use sea buckthorn oil. Take oil is recommended 3 times a day for a teaspoon half an hour before meals. In the morning, always on an empty stomach. At the very beginning of treatment, discomfort may occur. Including bitterness in the mouth, heartburn. This period just needs to be endured, taken further according to the scheme. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Sea buckthorn oil for stomatitis.
You can simply lubricate those places that require treatment. But in our experience, it is best to make applications for problem areas. Just take cotton wool or a sterile bandage, moisten with oil and apply. Hold it for at least 5-10 minutes. After that, do not eat, do not drink for half an hour - an hour.
Sea buckthorn oil in the nose. The treatment of the common cold.
Bury sea buckthorn oil in the nose 2-3 drops three times a day. You can also lubricate the nasal passages with sea buckthorn oil.
Sea buckthorn oil for angina.
Gargle with the following solution. 1 tsp dilute oil in 0.5 liters of warm water. Rinse every half hour. It is very good to make compresses on the throat from the same emulsion.
Sea buckthorn oil in radiation injuries.
Take orally 1 tsp. 3 times a day. The berries themselves are also useful, whether fresh or frozen, you can drink tea from the shoots and leaves of sea buckthorn.
Sea buckthorn oil for atherosclerosis.
For prevention, it is best to use this oil twice a day, 1 teaspoon half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Sea buckthorn oil for diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
It is best to take a course of inhalation with sea buckthorn oil.10 procedures for 15 minutes daily.
Sea buckthorn oil in gynecology.
Tampons with sea buckthorn oil.
Such tampons are used to treat cervical erosion. Moisten a swab abundantly (for this, take about 5-10 ml of oil), press the swab firmly to the site of erosion, leave it for 12 hours. Swabs are changed daily. Procedures are carried out by a course - from 8 to 12 procedures.
Sea buckthorn oil for burns, for the treatment of hard-healing wounds, for the treatment of pressure sores, frostbite.
It is best to treat a solution of furatsilina or penicillin at the very beginning of the wound. Then apply a bandage with sea buckthorn oil. Change dressings daily. Such treatment gives a very good effect.
Sea buckthorn oil for hemorrhoids.
It is best to combine the internal intake of oil and external use in the form of compresses. On a sore spot, put gauze soaked in sea buckthorn oil. You can bet for a short time (for an hour), you can at least leave it all night. If it is not possible to put compresses, then at least lubricate the sore spots simply with a cotton swab.
Sea buckthorn oil for hair. Hair mask with sea buckthorn oil.
If your hair is "tired" of all kinds of experiments with them, it doesn’t look good, then it's time to make masks with sea buckthorn oil. Hair after such masks takes on a healthy look, a healthy shine appears, they become silky. In addition, after such masks, hair will be better styled.
How to apply sea buckthorn oil for hair? How to make a hair mask?
You can rub sea buckthorn oil into the scalp for an hour or two before washing your hair. Perhaps this is the easiest and most effective way. You can also advise and inside use sea buckthorn oil for 1 tsp. 2-3 times a day half an hour before meals.
So, first of all, you need to comb your hair well. If you have dry hair ends, you can advise rubbing the oil into the ends themselves, then apply the oil to the roots. If desired, you can apply oil along the entire length.
It is better to choose a time for this when you are in no hurry. Or on a day off, or in the evening a few hours before bedtime. You can make such a mask at night, but I'm for the first option. The oil should be warm. Preheat it a little. Put a little oil on your hands and rub into the scalp (on the tips, along the entire length). It is better to cover your hair with a bag (or a shower cap) and cover with a towel on top.
Massage the hair in the shower, rinse 2 times with shampoo. If you make such a mask with cold oil, it is very difficult to wash your hair. So be sure to heat the oil. Just advice from personal experience. You can add a couple drops of peppermint oil to this oil. And I really like the fragrance, and the effect is enhanced.
Hair mask with sea buckthorn oil for dandruff.
Mix a tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil with 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Do the rest, as in the previous recipe. It is better to make such a mask courses. Twice a week for a month or two.
Very well for dry hair make such a mask.
Take 2 tablespoons of sea buckthorn and olive oil and add 1 egg. Grind very carefully. To this mixture add 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Such a mask should be thoroughly rubbed into the scalp, left for a couple of hours. Then wash your hair thoroughly 2 times with shampoo.
Sea buckthorn oil mask for all hair types.
Mix in equal proportions sea buckthorn oil and burdock oil. You can also add castor oil to these oils. Take everything in equal proportions. The mask itself is applied in the same way as in previous recipes.
It is better to rinse hair after all masks with either a decoction of herbs (chamomile, nettle, etc.) or acidified water with vinegar. And, of course, before using such a mask, check your skin for allergies to sea buckthorn oil. Rarely, but found. And once again I remind you that be sure to use the oil in a warm form.
Sea buckthorn oil for the face.
Sea buckthorn is called the "Orange Queen of Beauty." And this is no coincidence. Thanks to its wound healing actions, it has a beneficial effect on the skin. You probably paid attention to the fact that many cosmetic companies include sea buckthorn in their products. Well, I don’t know what remains of sea buckthorn, but everyone can do simple face masks at home himself.
Who needs these masks and what you need to know about applying them to the face.
Masks smooth the skin, remove fine wrinkles.
Increase skin tone and elasticity.
Effectively apply for skin pigmentation.
It treats acne and problem skin.
It is best not to use sea buckthorn oil in a pure undiluted form for your face, it is always more efficient to mix it with other components. In its pure form, sea buckthorn oil is used to treat bedsores, wounds, burns, etc.
Universal, simple face mask with sea buckthorn oil.
The simplest thing you can do is add a drop of sea buckthorn oil to your favorite cream. Just take a jar for this, or make the composition for 1 time: cream plus oil. Determine the dosage yourself. Always start with a very small one. Literally a drop is enough for 1 application. With this mask, all metabolic processes are normalized.
Face mask with sea buckthorn oil and yellow clay.
I strongly advise you to buy yellow clay in a pharmacy and make such a mask. For the mask you need to take 1 tbsp. l yellow clay, 1 tsp sea buckthorn oil and 1 yolk from a chicken egg. Stir everything thoroughly, apply on face for 15-20 minutes. After that, rinse first with warm, then cool water. It is best to conduct a course of such masks. 2 times a week for 1-2 months. Elastic and firm skin will delight you. Inexpensive and effective.
Sea buckthorn oil for face with problem skin, from acne.
This mask has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Mix a tablespoon of bran with 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil and the same amount of walnut oil.
Stir, apply the mask for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm, then cool water.
If you dry, aging skin then prepare this mask:
In three tablespoons of warm milk, dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey. Stir well. Add a teaspoon of homemade cottage cheese and 1 tsp. sea buckthorn oil. Apply the mixture on your face for 15-20 minutes. Then, carefully, as if rolling up a mask, remove everything and then rinse with warm and then cool water.
For oily skin It’s very helpful to simply wipe your face with oil. Take a cotton pad, lightly warm the oil, apply it to a cotton pad and wipe your face and neck. After 15 minutes, remove excess with a cloth. This procedure can be used instead of washing.
Sea buckthorn oil for eyelashes and lip care.
You can also use sea buckthorn oil for eyelashes and lip care. Try, I think, you will not regret it.
Instead of expensive products, use plain sea buckthorn oil.
The result is unmatched.
Just apply oil on the lips, grease them with eyelashes, and you can use eyebrows.
Sea buckthorn oil is a herbal remedy that provides activation of metabolic processes in tissues and cells. The composition helps to restore trophic tissue and facilitates the course of natural regeneration. The tool can be used to treat various lesions of the mucous membranes. Often used to treat hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
Description and composition
Sea buckthorn oil can be used for external use and for oral administration. The oil substance may have a red-orange color and often has a characteristic odor. At the bottom of the tank during storage, a precipitate often forms, confirming the naturalness of the components used. The precipitate is eliminated after warming the mixture to room temperature. The composition is sold in bottles of 25, 40, 50 and 100 ml.
Sea buckthorn oil has the ability to accelerate regeneration processes for various damage to the skin and mucous membranes. Often the composition is used to treat wound, burn and ulcerative lesions. The composition has a strengthening effect and has a pronounced antioxidant and cytoprotective property. The drug is able to reduce the activity of the influence of free radicals. The tool protects cell and subcellular membranes.
Indications for use
The list of indications for the use of the drug is quite extensive. The composition is often used to treat mucous membranes and skin with lesions of various types. The drug has found its application in gastroenterology. The tool is often used for oral administration in peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. In the following diseases, the composition is used in gynecology:
- erosive lesions of the cervix.
In otolaryngological practice, the composition is used to accelerate the regeneration process after surgery. The drug can be used in surgery for radiation injuries and burns.
If there are indications for use, sea buckthorn oil can be used by patients of this age category. The composition can be used for application to mucous membranes and skin, and can also be used as a means for oral administration. Adverse reactions with the use of the composition are extremely rare, most often their manifestation is associated with individual intolerance to the composition. Dose adjustment is carried out by the attending physician individually, taking into account the general state of the patient’s health and indications for the use of the drug.
To treat external nodes with hemorrhoids, a gauze bandage soaked in sea buckthorn oil is applied to the affected area.
In order to eliminate internal inflammation in hemorrhoids, microclysters can be used. To do this, the patient must lie on his right side and inject 50 ml of sea buckthorn oil into the rectum for 30 minutes. If necessary, the microclyster can be replaced with an oil-soaked swab, inserted for 2 to 3 hours.
Rectal suppositories with sea buckthorn oil are also used in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Sea buckthorn juice
Fresh sea buckthorn juice is a natural multivitamin recommended for acute respiratory viral infections, anemia, hypovitaminosis, muscle dystrophy, hyposecretory gastritis, hypotension, liver diseases, and colitis. What is useful for women juice is that it helps in the fight against premature aging. Take 100 ml twice a day after half an hour the food field (maximum - 300 ml per day).
Sea buckthorn jam
Delicious amber-colored jam can be found on store shelves. However, its use is controversial - berries that are digested with sugar are of little use, and there are no vitamins at all, since they are destroyed by boiling. Jam can only be used as a dessert. For lovers of sweets, there is a useful prescription for jam - grated sea buckthorn: chop fresh berries and mix them with sugar. Such a product contains all the necessary nutrients and tastes good.
- In the ancient books of Eastern medicine, sea buckthorn was positioned as the best supplement for the return of strength to warriors and people exhausted by disease.
- The ancient Mongols used sea buckthorn before the competition to win. They fed the plant to horses to give them stamina and strength.
- Residents of Siberia call the berries of the plant "Siberian pineapple."
Recipes of traditional medicine have been confirmed in numerous studies and experiments:
- Evidence of the anti-carcinogenic effect of sea buckthorn was obtained back in Soviet times. The antitumor activity of sea buckthorn allows using it to reduce the risk of metastasis of malignant neoplasms.
- Another study, published in the Journal of Food Biochemistry, confirmed that sea buckthorn helps in therapy with regular use of plant preparations for 4 months.
- The local healing effect of the plant was also confirmed. A report on a scientific experiment in rats was published in the journal Food and Chemical Toxicology - sea buckthorn oil healed burns perfectly.
- A study published by the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition indicates the normalizing effect of sea buckthorn on blood sugar in diabetics, selectively affecting the jump in glucose that occurs after eating.
- The hepatoprotective effect of sea buckthorn oil has been confirmed by a number of studies. One of them involved patients with who took 15 grams of sea buckthorn extract 3 times a day for six months. After treatment time, a decrease in the levels of hyaluronic and bile acids, laminin and collagen type III and IV was found in the blood of patients.
In today's hectic world, free time is a luxury that not everyone can afford. Therefore, the majority uses ready-made cosmetics and medicines from store shelves and pharmacies, trying to choose more natural ones, for example, with sea buckthorn oil. But few people know that after spending just a few hours you can cook sea buckthorn oil at home, and in such an amount that is not enough for one month.
Means for normal and dry skin
Beat 1 teaspoon of honey and add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil. Apply the mask for 5 to 10 minutes on pre-cleansed skin. Then you should wash first with warm, and then with cold water. You can apply such a mask no more than once a week.
When peeling the skin and acne, rubbing the face with a mixture of sea buckthorn oil and tea tree oil is quite effective.
There are many methods for producing sea buckthorn oil at home. Some of them are simpler and require less labor, others will have to tinker with, but the finished product will be more valuable in terms of cosmetology and pharmacology.
Important: oil can also be prepared from frozen berries, but it is certainly preferable to use fresh raw materials.
To prepare sea buckthorn oil in a classic way:
- Select the undamaged berries, rinse them thoroughly and dry, spreading in one layer on a paper towel.
- Squeeze juice using a juicer, meat grinder or blender. In the latter cases, it will be necessary to further separate the cake from the juice by passing the resulting mass through cheesecloth or a fine sieve. Important: from sea buckthorn juice, excellent preparations for the winter are obtained, which will help protect against any viruses and strengthen the immune system as a whole.
- The remaining cake is transferred to a glass dish and poured with vegetable oil. You can use ordinary sunflower or give preference to more expensive, but at the same time more useful olive oil. For every 3 cups of oilcake, 0.5 l of oil is required.
- Cover the container or tighten with cling film and set aside in a dark place.
- After a week, the oil is filtered.
Attention! Handle sea buckthorn oil carefully, as it leaves stubborn stains on clothing and can stain the skin.
The resulting product is already ready for use, but it is still imperfect. To give it more useful properties, it is necessary to repeat the procedure from the very beginning, that is, take new berries and squeeze the juice from them, and pour the cake with sea buckthorn oil obtained for the first time.
Tip: do not use any metal accessories when cooking oil, as this will reduce the content of nutrients in it.
High concentration oil
Sea buckthorn oil at home, the recipe of which is given below, has a high concentration of nutrients.Therefore, in the preparation of various means for health and beauty, it is required several times less than usual.
- The washed and dried whole berries are laid on a baking sheet in one layer and dried at 50 ° C in the oven until they become completely solid.
Attention! When drying sea buckthorn, it is extremely important to prevent its burning.
Tip: to further increase the concentration of nutrients, the procedure should be repeated several times, as in the classical method.
There is another recipe for making sea buckthorn oil at home. They usually resort to it only when it is necessary to obtain a product with a maximum concentration of vitamins and other useful compounds, since the yield of the finished product in this case is extremely low.
- From washed and dried berries, squeeze the juice and separate it from the meal.
- The juice is left in a glass container with a large diameter, for example, a bowl, in a dark place.
- A day later, a thin oil film forms on the surface of the sea-buckthorn juice, which is carefully collected with a spoon in a hermetically sealed jar.
Some housewives practice a method of obtaining sea buckthorn oil using a water bath. It is simple and fast, but a lot of biologically active substances are lost during heat treatment, and the shelf life of the finished product is less than a month. Therefore, we can not recommend it.
All materials on the website Priroda-Znaet.ru are presented for informational purposes only. Before using any means, consultation with a doctor is MANDATORY!
They became famous and widely used in antiquity. In those days when medicine was only taking its first steps, many diseases were successfully cured with the help of this miracle berry.
Sea buckthorn oil - saturated orange, a liquid with a special rather pleasant smell. It is interesting that all the components (and their huge number) found in this tool are mutually reinforcing. The list of this tool is very wide:
- strengthens and enhances immunity,
- has an anti-inflammatory effect,
- successfully heals wounds and cracks in the skin,
- effective in rejuvenation procedures,
- able to lower blood cholesterol,
- restores hormonal balance,
- has a strengthening effect on the walls of blood vessels of the circulatory system,
- able to have a laxative effect.
Methods and methods of treatment with this tool have long established themselves as very effective. I use it in the treatment of colds, problems associated with the immune system, in gynecology, proctology. In the field of cosmetology, oil has become a discovery in general. The widespread use of this tool is due to its huge spectrum of action.
Sea buckthorn oil involves both external and internal use. It will help with stomatitis, with gastrointestinal diseases, with, and sore throat. It will have the most beneficial effect on the skin of the face and hair.
Important: you should remember that, like any remedy, it is not recommended to use sea buckthorn oil without a doctor’s prescription. With all the harmlessness, self-medication can cause serious harm.
Hair care product
In case of hair loss, it is recommended to rub sea buckthorn oil an hour before washing the hair in the hair roots. After this, you need to wrap your head with a film, and on top with a towel.
Also, to accelerate hair growth, sea buckthorn oil can be used not only externally, but also inside (1 teaspoon per day).
Application in the field of cosmetology
Such a simple remedy at first glance, like sea buckthorn oil, has become a real panacea for quite a lot of problems associated with facial skin. It copes with many tasks in cosmetology, suits all types of skin, and also has a low cost. "Almighty" sea buckthorn is capable of working miracles, since this remedy is a real storeroom in which nutrients are concentrated.Sea buckthorn oil contains: vitamins (A, E, B1, etc.), carotene, fatty and organic acids, macro and micronutrients. And also it contains amino acids, pectins, phytosterols, phospholipids, etc.
Dosage and Administration
Sea buckthorn oil is intended for oral and internal use. In some cases, the composition is used externally, applying to the mucous membranes and skin.
The composition is used for therapeutic tampons with colpitis, endocervicitis and external hemorrhoids. Cotton swabs are abundantly soaked in the composition and used rectally or vaginally. During the course of exposure, the procedure is carried out daily; 5-15 procedures will be required to recover.
With lesions of the skin, the composition is used exclusively externally, using gauze dressings. The composition is applied to a pre-cleaned area of skin integuments, and a gauze bandage is placed on top. The application procedure is repeated once a day, to comply with sterility conditions, the dressing must be replaced with a fresh daily. It is advisable to use the composition until the formation of granulation tissue.
Variants and methods of application
This orange elixir - sea buckthorn oil is good in that it can be used in various variations.
- At the same time, in its pure form it is used as lotions and compresses.
- In the composition with other components can be used as face masks.
- You can add to the cream for daily care, two drops per single serving.
- Massage therapists like to use sea buckthorn oil as a means for massage manipulations, in combination with other oils.
- It is perfect for treating problem areas on dry and oily skin, lightening freckles.
Hair Care: Sea Buckthorn Oil Masks
The unique components of sea buckthorn are able to cope with such tasks as strengthening, restoration,. The composition has a truly miraculous effect on the scalp, on hair growth, and returns silkiness and shine to them. In addition, it is used in the fight against problems such as dandruff and baldness.
The possibilities of sea buckthorn in the issue of treatment and hair care are great - it is able to restore, renew the cells of the scalp, affect the hair in the most favorable way, subjected to bleaching or dyeing, damaged as a result of perms and so on. The constant use of this tool will allow the hair to restore the structure in a short time.
For pregnant and lactating
Sea buckthorn oil for external use can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The composition does not penetrate the placental barrier and is not absorbed into breast milk. The drug is not recommended to be taken orally by pregnant women - there is a likelihood of adverse reactions of the body during administration. During breastfeeding, oral administration is possible if the expected risk to the fetus substantially prevails over the expected benefit to the mother. In some cases, the child is recommended to temporarily transfer to artificial feeding.
Dry Hair Product
With this type of hair, masks with castor oil and sea buckthorn show a very good result.
- These two products are mixed in equal proportions and applied as a mask, rubbing into the root zone of the hair after washing.
- Then for half an hour they cover their heads with something warm, for example, with a special hat for masks, or just with a towel.
- After withstanding the allotted time, wash off, rinse hair with chamomile infusion, or add drops of ammonia to water.
It will be nice to cook your own cream mask with sea buckthorn oil. In order to get this remedy, you need three tablespoons. They make a decoction.
- The grass is poured with boiling water (1 glass) and kept for 15 minutes over low heat.
- The broth should be filtered, add six tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil to it. To mix everything.
- Cream mask is used before washing hair.
There is also such a product based on sea buckthorn oil, in which this base is mixed with olive oil (in the amount of two tablespoons each), a chicken egg and one tablespoon of cream or sour cream are added. Mixed, the product is applied to the hair, gradually starting from the roots, distributed along the entire length to the ends. The head is wrapped to achieve a greater effect. Wash off after 2 hours.
Help Oily Hair
Oily hair, by analogy with dry hair, is pampered with masks based on sea buckthorn and castor oil, but it also contains chicken yolk.
- Oils for the mask will need to be prepared in two tablespoons, mix them with two yolks.
- The resulting mass is applied to the basal area of the hair for half an hour, wrapping his head.
- Wash off the applied mask after the specified time with shampoo.
For hair of this type, a mask is also used based on sea buckthorn oil and mustard powder. It is prepared as follows: the oil warms up, dry mustard is bred to them. The proportions are arbitrary, but a mushy composition should form at the output. It is rubbed into the scalp and on the root zone of the hair for 15 minutes. You can hold it a little longer. After this time, wash off.
Important: masks containing castor oil, burdock, sea buckthorn and eucalyptus are shown for all types of hair. They are mixed in identical parts, applied for a couple of hours to the hair roots, washed off and rinsed with either chamomile infusion or nettle broth.
Application in the field of gynecology
As already mentioned, sea buckthorn oil has found application in various fields of medicine around the world, including in the field of gynecology. The effectiveness of the treatment of many diseases has been proven in the last century. So, for example, inflammation of the appendages can be cured with tampons with sea buckthorn oil. Tampons are administered three times a day for a couple of hours. But the remedy does not only treat inflammation of the appendages. Below we consider gynecological diseases and methods of treating sea buckthorn oil.
Before proceeding directly to treatment, a vaginal cleansing should be performed. This is done as follows:
- It is necessary to moisten the cotton wool in boiled water and clean it with it.
- Then introduce gauze or swab soaked in sea buckthorn oil.
- Alternatively, you can use candles with an extract of this plant, they are on sale.
- Such a tampon is left overnight. This procedure is performed for fourteen days.
Important: the procedure will be much more effective, and the result will be manifested faster if you take in parallel with tampons the herbal infusions from in combination with the infusion of the pine uterus. Full healing occurs in about a month.
The exceptional qualities of sea buckthorn oil can show good results in the treatment process. Take it inside every day by a teaspoon. At the same time, doctors advise in addition to eat a variety of greens, herring, cabbage, fresh carrots and mangoes.
Itching in the vagina, worrying about thrush, it is recommended to treat sea buckthorn oil as follows:
- Mix oil, tea tree, thyme, taken in the amount of 3 drops, with a tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil.
- A cotton swab is impregnated with the resulting oil mixture and placed inside for one hour.
- This procedure is carried out for one week.
The purchase of sea buckthorn oil in a pharmacy - which could be simpler, especially since its cost is low. And you can try to cook with your own hands. Do this in two ways.
He will need berries collected after the first frost. The harder they are, the better - their carotene content will be very high.
- They are cleaned of debris, washed, dried. Then they should be crushed (can be in a coffee grinder).
- The resulting mass is placed in a glass jar, densely tamped and filled with any refined oil.
- The pouring oil needs to be heated to about 40 degrees.
- The container is tightly sealed, put in the refrigerator for a week, shaking from time to time.
- When the specified period expires, the settled mass is squeezed out, filtered.
After the resulting liquid becomes completely transparent, it is drained. As a result of these actions, a composition is obtained in which about 15% of sea buckthorn oil.
Important: the oil concentration can be increased by filling the next portion of berries with the resulting composition. Having done this several times, a high-quality product is obtained.
The second method is somewhat different from the first.
- The berries of sea buckthorn in an amount of about 4 glasses are kept in the freezer for 45 days.
- It is thawed, washed with running water, squeezed juice, it is filtered. Pour into a glass container.
- The remaining seedless cake is dried, then ground to a powder state.
- The resulting powder and the remaining husk are placed in a saucepan, vegetable oil and sea buckthorn juice are added to them, kept in a water bath for about 3 hours.
- Then put in the refrigerator for 34 days.
After the specified period, on the surface you can see the separated layer of oil. It is removed and placed in another container. What remains in the first pan is poured into another, left for another 3 days. Oil is again collected from the surface. These manipulations are carried out until it ceases to separate. Store the resulting composition in a cool place.
Sea buckthorn oil is obtained from the ripe fruits of sea buckthorn, which, in turn, contain saccharides (3.5%) and organic acids (3.2%). The finished oil is a thick liquid with a specific smell, from light to dark orange in color. For many people, two or three trees with bright berries grow in personal plots, housewives make jams and jellies from them, but not everyone knows how to make sea buckthorn oil at home. Meanwhile, with a little effort, you can provide yourself and your loved ones with an excellent wound healing, anti-burn vitamin product of your own production.
To date, several methods are known for making sea buckthorn oil, and each of them requires careful preparation of berries, for which it is very important to observe certain requirements during their collection and processing. So, the preparation of sea buckthorn oil at home is possible only if the berries are picked during the first frosts. This ensures the integrity of the fruit and the content in them of the largest number of nutrients.
Before processing, the collected berries should be washed well under running water and dried, laid out in one layer on a horizontal surface, covered with a clean cotton or linen towel.
Cold way to make butter
The preparation of sea buckthorn oil at home by cold pressing is recognized as the easiest way to obtain it. To do this, you need to grind the washed and dried berries in an enameled or glass bowl, after which it is good to squeeze the juice out of them through a doubled cheesecloth, pouring it into a jar. From one kilogram of berries you get half a liter of sea buckthorn juice.
The juice container should be put in a dark place for a day. This time is just enough to separate the naturally oily and watery parts from each other. After the time has passed, gently, with a pipette or dessert spoon, the formed oil is removed from the surface and poured into a glass vial with a tight-fitting lid. The procedure should be repeated after 24 hours.
How to make sea buckthorn oil at home: method two
Sea buckthorn oil can also be prepared using vegetable oil. Olive is best suited for this purpose, but in its absence, you can use unrefined sunflower.
- the mass obtained after squeezing, must be dried in the oven over low heat, so as not to burn,
- as soon as the mass begins to crumble, it is pulled out and transferred to a coffee grinder,
- the resulting powder is poured into a jar of dark glass and poured with vegetable oil, previously heated to 40 degrees, the ratio is 1: 3,
- the mixture is removed in a dark place for three weeks, and from time to time it must be carefully mixed,
- after the allotted time, the mass should be filtered through several layers of gauze and squeezed carefully,
- the resulting sea buckthorn oil should be allowed to settle and gently pour it into another container so that no sediment gets into it,
- a container with oil is placed in a water bath for 5-10 minutes for pasteurization so that it can retain its beneficial properties for as long as possible.
The preparation of sea buckthorn oil: method three
Compared with the previous one, much less time is spent on this method of obtaining oil from the fruits of sea buckthorn. First, you need to squeeze the juice from the berries, and then pour the remaining mass with olive oil. The resulting mixture must be heated in a water bath and insisted for 24 hours, while the water temperature should not be more than 50 degrees. After the specified time, the oil is squeezed out and poured into a pre-prepared glass container with a lid. The finished product can be immediately used for its intended purpose.
Sea buckthorn oil storage
However, it is not enough to know how to cook sea buckthorn oil at home. To get the most out of your product, it’s important to ensure that it has the correct storage conditions.
Sea buckthorn oil should be stored in a tightly closed container, in a dark place at a temperature not exceeding +10 0 C. And the refrigerator is best suited for this purpose. At the same time, oil prepared for future use must be poured into glass bottles to the top. When stored under such conditions, it will not lose its beneficial properties within one year. The shelf life of the oil may vary depending on the quality of its cleaning.
The use of sea buckthorn oil in cosmetology
Sea buckthorn oil contains a huge amount of substances that have beneficial effects on the skin, nails and hair. Therefore, the use of this oil in cosmetology is extremely diverse. What effect does sea buckthorn oil have on human skin?
Firstly, this oil easily penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin. It nourishes, moisturizes, preventing drying and peeling, softens the skin.
Secondly, it actively contributes to the restoration of acid-base and fat balance.
Thirdly, with regular use it prevents premature skin aging.
Fourth, it helps to smooth expression lines and fine age wrinkles, makes the skin supple and supple. In general, it promotes skin rejuvenation.
Fifth, this amazing oil whitens the skin well. Do you have freckles or age spots? So this oil is for you!
Sixth, it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, which allows the use of sea buckthorn oil in the fight against acne and pimples.
Seventh, it is successfully used in the treatment of skin burns, including sunburn.
And eighth, it has an extremely favorable effect on the hair and scalp: it strengthens the hair follicles, actively fights hair loss, stimulates hair growth, and, finally, gives the hair shine and silkiness. One can only dream of such an assistant!
By the way, it should be noted that for external use only cold-pressed oil, sea buckthorn oil obtained in a different way, alas, can harm your skin, so it is not suitable for external use!
Due to these properties, sea buckthorn oil is widely used both in the cosmetic industry and in home cosmetology. Unfortunately, this oil cannot often be used undiluted, like most vegetable oils.This can lead to a weakening of the protective barrier of the skin and increase its sensitivity to external conditions. Which, of course, none of us need. Nevertheless, pure undiluted sea buckthorn oil is used in the treatment of damaged skin areas (scratches, sunburns, acne, peeling ...). You can use sea buckthorn oil in a mixture with other oils suitable for your skin in a ratio of 1: 4. For oily skin, occasionally, undiluted sea buckthorn oil can also be used to prevent inflammatory processes and restore fat balance.
Compress for oily skin with expanded pores
Soak a clean soft cloth in the infusion of tea, apply to the face and soak for 10-15 minutes, apply sea buckthorn oil to the face, after 15 minutes, pat the skin with a cosmetic towel to remove the remaining oil.
Of course, the easiest way that does not require time and effort is to add a few drops of sea buckthorn oil to the finished cosmetic product, whether it is cream, cosmetic milk, balm mask or shampoo. It is especially recommended to use this method for caring for dry, aging, wrinkled skin, skin with acne and acne, for lightening freckles and age spots.
But, undoubtedly, do-it-yourself cosmetic masks and creams based on sea buckthorn oil are more effective. Here is some of them:
Mask with firming effect for aging skin:
1 egg yolk (raw)
1 tsp yellow cosmetic clay
2 tsp sea buckthorn oil
Mix all ingredients thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. Apply the mask to pre-cleansed skin. Soak for 15 minutes. Rinse off this mask first with warm water, and then cold, naturally, without the use of detergents.
Moisturizing mask for dry skin of the face, neck and decollete:
1 egg yolk (raw)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp liquid honey
1 tsp sea buckthorn oil
If the honey is sugared, then dissolve it in a water bath and cool. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. Apply to pre-cleansed face, neck and décolleté, leave for 15 minutes. The mask should be washed off with warm water without the use of detergents.
Mask, nourishing and moisturizing for dry and aging skin:
1 egg yolk (raw)
1 tsp orange juice
1 tsp sea buckthorn oil
Mix all ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Apply to pre-cleansed skin, leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
In this mask, you can also use apple, tangerine, watermelon, apricot, grape or sea buckthorn juice, of course, freshly squeezed, and not canned.
Mask for dry rough and weathered skin, nourishing:
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp honey
1 tsp low-fat cottage cheese
1 tsp sea buckthorn oil
Milk should be slightly warmed up, honey, if it is candied, heated in a water bath. Add honey to warm milk and stir until the honey is completely dissolved, then add cottage cheese and sea buckthorn oil. overturn all ingredients thoroughly. Apply the mask to clean skin, leave for 15 minutes. Then, simulating the peeling process, rub your skin with your fingertips soaked in water. Then wash off the mask with warm water without using detergents.
Whitening mask for dry skin:
1 tsp sea buckthorn oil
100 ml of 20% sour cream
Grind parsley to a mushy state, we need only 1 tbsp. without a slide. Add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly. Apply the mask to pre-cleansed skin, leave for 15 minutes, then rinse the mask with warm water without the use of detergents.
Nourishing mask for dry and wrinkled skin:
100 ml 20% cream
1 tsp semolina
1 egg yolk (raw)
2 tsp sea buckthorn oil
1 tsp honey
0.5 tsp shallow sea salt
1 tsp freshly squeezed juice (orange, tangerine, sea buckthorn, apple, apricot)
Cook semolina porridge on cream, cool it a little (up to 50-69 degrees). In warm semolina, add salt and honey, stir until completely dissolved. Add juice, oil, yolk, mix thoroughly until smooth. Apply the mask to clean skin of the face, neck and decollete, leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water without the use of detergents, then rinse the skin with cold water.
Nourishing mask for mature skin:
2 tsp honey
2 tsp sea buckthorn oil
2 tbsp freshly squeezed juice (orange, mandarin, apple)
Pour oatmeal with hot milk, leave for 28 minutes to swell. For the mask we need only 2 tbsp. oatmeal porridge. Add honey to the still warm porridge (if honey is sugared, you can melt it in a water bath or add to the porridge a little earlier so that it can melt), mix, then add the remaining ingredients of the mask, mix well. Apply the mask to clean skin of the face, neck and décolleté. Soak for half an hour, then rinse with a warm fashion without the use of detergents. It is recommended to make such a mask 1-2 times a week.
Cream for flaccid and wrinkled skin around the hole:
2 tsp cocoa butter (solid)
1 tsp sea buckthorn oil
1 tsp Vitamin E (oil extract sold at the pharmacy)
Cocoa butter should be melted in a water bath. Add sea buckthorn oil and Vitamin E oil extract, mix thoroughly and remove from a water bath. The mixture should be mixed until completely cooled, then transferred to a tightly closed jar (can be from under the cream). Keep the cream in the refrigerator. Apply the cream by driving with your fingertips into the skin near the eyes. Caution: the cream melts quickly!