Beautiful and practical manicure is the dream of any woman. And now, to create it, the “liquid stone” technique is actively used, thanks to which real masterpieces appear on the nails. A photo of a manicure with liquid stones will not leave any girl indifferent, especially since almost everyone can master such a design.
Features of the design "liquid stone" on the nails
A manicure created using this technique resembles coating of nails with rhinestones. However, instead of heavy, voluminous stones and natural minerals, which quickly disappear.
Especially often this happens if they are attached to natural nail plates, special gels and other additional materials are used. With their help, masters reproduce original patterns that imitate gems, gold, platinum and silver.
Liquid stones look very natural and spectacular, so it can be difficult to distinguish them from jewelry creations.
How to make a manicure with liquid stones and molding at home
The technique of "liquid stone" on the nails and photos of this design is gaining popularity, so now you can learn how to do a manicure in this style on your own at home. To do this, you need to prepare tools and materials that are sold in almost any decorative cosmetics store.
Liquid stone on nails: what is it and how to do it.
For a beginner in this business, you need to follow detailed instructions to avoid ridiculous mistakes.
Another important step for creating the perfect nail art, especially for natural nails, is the proper preparation of nails for applying gel and other materials, because the durability and beauty of the manicure depend on the working surface of the nail.
Necessary materials and tools
To create a manicure using the liquid stone technique, you will need the following materials and tools:
- UV lamp to speed up the drying of each gel layer.
- Manicure foil in harmony with the selected pebble.
- Colored art gel used to create a jacket.
- Gel without dispersion.
- Gel-paint, necessary for applying contours and printing foil after polymerization.
- Thick sculpted gel.
- Stained glass gel for stone casting.
- An angular brush for performing a basic jacket.
- Basic brush for applying most layers of manicure.
- The so-called hair, necessary for drawing contours.
- Special polymer stones.
- Means for degreasing nails.
- Nail file to prepare nails for casting.
Stones on the nails !?
To indicate their originality, women use beautiful clothes, sophisticated hairstyles, bright makeup and a unique design of nails. The application of liquid stones on the nail plate is the best solution to create a bright unique image.
The idea of a luxurious design of the nail plate belongs to the professional stylist Yekaterina Miroshnichenko, one of the authors of modern nail techniques.
Beautiful liquid stones are obtained on the nails with the help of a polymer substance that looks three-dimensional, three-dimensional, slightly convex. Polymerization completes the process.
What it is?
For the first time, this type of design was proposed by the Russian master of nail service Ekaterina Miroshnichenko.
In another way, liquid stones on nails are called castings. These are not rhinestones that attach on top of the applied varnish and often fall off during socks. This is an imitation gem design. This technique looks pretentious, bright, and, probably, not every woman is able to walk with such a manicure every day. However, as an option for publication or for ladies who do not want to make their everyday life gray, this design is an excellent find.
To create the effect of a natural gem on a nail, a combination of polymer and sculptural gel is used. There are no protrusions and depressions, as when attaching rhinestones and sequins, on the nail, it is perfectly even. However, thanks to the magnifying glass effect, an optical illusion is created that the stone on the nail plate is real.
Manicure "liquid stone"
"Liquid stones" on the nails - the technique of manicure is not new, but still common. It is mainly used to create evening and New Year's designs. If you make a “liquid stone” of small size and perform it on a light basis, then this option can be safely worn on weekdays. It can be a classic jacket with a stone on one finger.
In order to create this unusual beauty on your nails, do not forget about the very first steps. We put the nails in order: apply the base with the first layer and dry this layer, apply the color with the second and third layers. Next, apply the top, it is better to immediately without the sticky layer, so that then again do not degrease the nails. We pass to the most interesting.
Creating a manicure with a "liquid stone"
- We take a black gel paint and a small thin brush. We collect a small amount of paint on the brush and draw the outline of the stone, it should be oval. Then dry for about 2 minutes.
- Next, take a small piece of colored foil, and degrease it on the back side, so that it would be better printed on the finger.
- After we apply the back side of the foil to our finger, press it tightly and tear it off. It turned out, not yet a volumetric stone.
- In order to add volume to our stone, we take any gel for building. We collect the gel on a thin brush, and evenly place it on the surface of the foil, first carefully fill the edges, and then we get a large drop for the volume. You can also turn your hand over and hold our stone down for a more voluminous shape and even distribution. We dry our pebble for 2 minutes.
Rhinestones framing stone
- We prepare rhinestones, and pour them into the lid.
- We take the base, apply a drop of the base to the foil or palette.
- Next, we take a thin brush, and carefully we pass along the perimeter of our stone with a brush with a base on which we will plant our rhinestones.
- Next, with a stick or pencil, we begin to spread rhinestones around. And between rhinestones we add silver broths. Dry for 1-2 minutes (depending on the type of your lamp).
- The final finishing touch is putting a top on a decorated finger. We collect a drop of top on a thin brush and smear the space between rhinestones. Rhinestones themselves cannot be covered with a top, as the faces of the rhinestones will merge and they will no longer sparkle so beautifully. Just gently, with a thin brush, we coat the stone itself with the top and polymerise, a little longer than usual. We use top without stickiness!
Here with the help of such simple manipulations you can independently create a beautiful French manicure decorated with stones. It can be easily done even on short nails, only the pebble itself will need to be made smaller, and for the frame to use the smallest rhinestones or just broths. Casting can also serve as a facet of liquid stone - a picture made in black thick gel-paint with a print of metallized foil in gold or silver.
The step-by-step photos below briefly show the design technology with stones.
Basic design step by step instructions
To create a beautiful and elegant manicure in this style, you will have to follow these steps:
- It is necessary to process the surface of the nails with a file to remove their natural shine, because otherwise the pattern will blur.
- Now the nail plates need to be degreased using alcohol or a special tool.
- As soon as the nails are dry, you can cover them with gel, and a very thin layer should be applied to natural nails. After that, they should be dried under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Now you need to rid your nails of the sticky layer by wiping them with an alcohol-containing solution and you can begin to form a picture by first completing its outline. Here you need to show special diligence, because the quality of the contour depends on whether the selected pattern is held or blurred.
- Then, using special glue, you need to fix the foil chosen to match the pebble tone on the nail, and when it is firmly attached, tear it off with a sharp movement.
- Decorate the "frame" of the stone with paint or gel, drying it after application under the lamp.
- Now it remains to form the stone itself, using structural gel and acrylic materials for this, and also cover the finished pattern with gel for a radiant or mirror effect, drying each layer under the lamp.
Decoration of liquid stones by casting
Liquid stones on the nails are reproduced in combination with another, no less magical technique - casting. This is an ornament similar to patterns from jewelry (rings, bracelets). He adds manicure solemnity, aristocracy and completeness.
Casting is applied both to the extended nail plate, and to natural. You can use gel polish and regular. The transfer foil for the design is applied to the contour and allows you to perform the technique in different shades.
To perform a perfect casting technique that will complement liquid stones with a unique decor, you need to follow the instructions:
- prepare a nail for manicure,
- apply a pattern of future casting with black gel polish and dry it in a UV lamp until a sticky, dried layer is formed,
- with the matte side on the gel, press the golden foil tightly with your finger and sharply tear it off so that the shiny layer remains on the gel,
- dry the gel in a UV lamp.
Also, the foil is transferred to a special glue or simple varnish. But in this method, the main disadvantage is in a hurry. You need to have time to apply a beautiful pattern and attach the foil to a dry coating. Therefore, choose a master or gel polish or a simple quick drawing.
With the help of casting, you can depict any ornament. It can be floral motifs, animal prints, butterflies, shells, but stained glass patterns look more harmonious with liquid stones. They frame the gem and look rich, luxurious.
Advice!During the creation of gold casting, the foil must be gently pressed and abruptly torn off until the desired result is achieved. For the depth of color, dark paint is preferably used as a base.
Pros and cons
Is this manicure technique beautiful? This question does not have a clear answer. Proponents of minimalism or naturalness will answer “no” and will be right in their own way - for them, such pretentiousness in decorating their own hands is equal to ugliness, unaesthetic. If a woman has been faithful to a classic jacket or plain scarlet varnish for many years, she will feel uncomfortable with casting on her nails, and, of course, such a manicure will not decorate her.
Ladies, who love variety in decorating themselves, are not afraid of experimenting with their appearance (and sometimes boldly go to them) will say their decisive “yes” and again will be right - after all, such a design will not be excessive, vulgar, or the notorious "expensive-rich." On the contrary, it will be an organic complement to the image, a piquant detail that attracts the eye to the hands and demonstrates them in a favorable light.
Without going into debates about the beauty and aesthetics of such a design (after all, these criteria are different for everyone), let us dwell on its other advantages.
- Stability and durability. Stones made of latex and polymer will not catch on tights or scarves, will not cause damage to your appearance. They do not tend to fall off at the most inopportune moment, ruining the impression of the whole manicure.
- This design is easy to wear, despite its apparent "heaviness."
- With accurate socks, it lasts from two weeks to one month.
- The manicure is practical, does not interfere with doing household chores and daily routine work.
However, this sophisticated design has its drawbacks.
- Like any other "heavy", multi-layer manicure, liquid stones spoil nails. Therefore, you should choose only the highest quality materials so as not to spend several months restoring the nail plates in the future.
- This technique requires great professionalism from the master of nail service. Made carelessly, poorly or roughly, such a manicure, firstly, will not look exquisite, but, on the contrary, will emphasize all the flaws of your hands, and, secondly, it can cause great harm to your nails.
- Even if you find a master pro, you should not “overturn” nails for more than one month, and do designs one by one. After each “hard” manicure, you need to give your nails a break, make a therapeutic manicure, and at least treat your home or salon care from baths, oils and creams for at least a week. Of course, vitamin complexes for strengthening nails will also not be superfluous.
Moonstone Nail Design
At the beginning of this year, another no less beautiful design appeared with imitation of natural stone. He was called manicure with a moonstone. The essence is almost the same as in the previous design technique, but with a few innovations. The moonstone is slightly cloudy, and instead of a substrate, not foil is used, but metallized kamifubuki. This design is best combined with light shades of gel polish: beige, light pink, peach and pale blue. The stones on the nails themselves can be laid out both vertically and horizontally (see the example in the photo). Also translucent stone with broths and modeling is well combined.
- In a standard way we prepare nails. On top of the finished color coating, apply the top, but do not dry it, but spread the golden kamifubuki and only then send it to the lamp.
- To create the pebbles themselves, you need to mix the material. Composition: a very thick rubber top, a little white gel polish and a very small drop of blue or blue.
- We spread the resulting mass on kamifubuki. You should get round pebbles. If the top is still not very thick and does not hold well, try to make pebbles in 2 stages with additional drying. Either take a base or any gel to strengthen the nails.
- When the moon pebbles are ready, apply a top on them with a thin brush to finally fix the design.
The correct technology for applying liquid stones
To create liquid stones, multilayer manicure technology is used, in particular a three-layer manicure. Therefore, they are based on a contour drawing, a stained-glass window, as well as a sculptural gel.
Technique for applying liquid stones:
- At the first stage, the contour of the future gem is drawn with black gel, which in most cases is formed by gilding or silvering, depending on the chosen foil.
- At the second stage, the prepared contour of the picture is filled with a translucent or transparent gel to create the color depth.
- At the third stage, the formation of the gem occurs. Using a sculpted gel and a fine brush, you can create an original gem that looks quite natural.
The technology of applying liquid stones also implies the repeated use of a UV lamp, as well as coating the finished pattern with a finishing gel, which will give the stones a natural glow.
Which nails are suitable?
If you wear short nails, this can be an obstacle to the design with casting and liquid stones. Indeed, for a beautiful application of manicure in this technique, “space for maneuver” is necessary (the “stone” itself cannot be less than 3 mm), which is why it was originally conceived and used only for extended nails. Now modern materials allow you to wear liquid stones on natural nails, but they should be long.
And yet, most often this type of design is performed on artificially extended acrylic nails. It is on them that liquid stones hold best thanks to the coupling of acrylic and the polymer substance from which the stone is made. In addition, natural nails are prone to breaking in the stress zone, but this problem does not happen with acrylic.
New in Liquid Stone Nail Design
When choosing a liquid stone nail design, it’s important to choose the right color. Green gives an imitation of expensive emerald, blue - an exclusive turquoise, red - a noble ruby, yellow - refined amber and others.
The main advantage of liquid stones in beauty and style. Nails look like they are in jewelry. Stone drops resemble expensive oriental embroidered fabric. Also, the decor does not cling to clothes and does not chip, as is often the case with modeling.
Liquid stones perfectly complement the wedding jacket, giving the image of solemnity and luxury. The color of the stone is better to match the color of the eyes of the bride. It is not necessary to overload the manicure with a large number of decorative elements. It is enough to make a few successful accents.
Amber is suitable for brown-eyed girls. To add naturalness to it, you can add sand grains to the gel. Owners of blue eyes will suit the color of the morning sky.
Among the original and bright ideas of manicure with liquid stones, there are:
- Oriental motives. Vivid colors and dark edging are needed. In combination with casting, the perfect manicure of the Sultan concubine will turn out.
- Floral patterns suggest stone as the core of a large flower.
- Abstractions and geometric shapes add manicure to the depth and originality, if decorated with liquid stone.
- Animal prints. For example, against the background of zebra stripes, you can recreate the eye of an animal using liquid stone. Or choose another creature.
- The effect of marble or worn manicure gives the stones antiquity and transfers the owner to the world of aristocrats, kings and nobles.
- Velvet sand, which is sprinkled with a fingernail under the base, gives the effect of a pad on which the jewel lies.
Among the decor ideas, the most common option is when the end of the nail is decorated with stones, and the plate remains untouched. Some extravagant women even add modeling except stones and patterns.
The best option is a jacket with liquid stones. It looks gentle, stylish and elegant. Most suitable for daily use. The decor can be placed both on a smile and under it. Moon manicure can also be decorated with a spectacular emerald. The main thing is to make the moon wide so that a gem fits on it.
However, do not forget about restraint. A lot of small details spoil the image of an elegant aristocratic lady.
Such a manicure is hardly suitable for business women to wear everyday. It looks bright and solemn.
Advice!The edging of liquid stone using the gold casting technique looks spectacular.
Description of the technology and the history of its creation
Manicure design technology was developed by the master Yekaterina Miroshnichenko more than 5 years ago, and is gaining more and more popularity every year. She combined a number of techniques, including gel building, sculpting, metal casting to achieve three-dimensional shapes. Saturated color was achieved thanks to gel and stained glass paints and varnishes. The result is a realistic imitation of precious stones, practical to wear, with a dense texture and adapted to the size and shape of the nail plate.
The first designs were executed on long extended nails, allowing you to create voluminous, multi-component compositions. Imitation also looks beautiful on short nails, you just need to adapt the size and proportions of the picture.
How to design liquid stones on nails if you do not use the polymer of the same name? Modern masters have come up with a number of techniques using materials for design and nail extension, which make it possible to make the same voluminous, convex shapes and cameos. You can use top, gel-paint, gel for building, acrylate, crystals and broths to create a variety of convex designs and their frames on the nails.
Marble or quartz manicure
This magnificent deep drawing under a stone has replaced the classical marble manicure. It is already performed in several layers for greater realism. This delicate and truly nude design is in demand at any time of the year. It can be combined with gold stripes or some small flat metal decor (for example, rhombuses or quadrangles from Artex).
Let's see how to create a stone effect on nails.
- We apply the thinnest layer of light pink camouflage base to pre-treated nails. It is better to use a thin flat brush for this. Next, apply a texture in the form of wide chaotic stripes directly over the wet layer of camouflage with translucent milk camouflage. You can press the brush differently so that the line is “live”. Sushim.
- Apply a second thin layer of camouflage and draw stripes in exactly the same way. Just ask them another direction.
- The third thin layer of camouflage already comes with thinner and brighter veins, which we draw with a thin brush dipped in white gel polish.
- At the end, we cover the resulting pattern with the texture of the stone with the thinnest, almost rubbing, layer of camouflage. Sushim. We finish traditionally with a top.
The result is very stylish stones on the nails, which can be used both in the office and at some event. They look great on almond-shaped and oval nails. Also, this translucent pink manicure with a light texture will suit absolutely any fashionable outfit.
The essence of the technique is to create a multi-layer manicure. The first layer is a contour ornament or pattern made by black gel. The sketch includes closed areas, often oval, which will subsequently be filled with a colored gel of one tone or several to create the most natural resemblance to a stone cut.
A layer interspersed in the contour is called stained glass. Among the large number of variations on the technique of "liquid stones" there is another way. It involves the use of manicure stickers to fill the inner zone of the contour. A coating of a transparent or translucent gel will create the effect of a cameo on the nail plate.
One of the options for designing a black contour is gilding or silvering. It is performed using foil special manicure or regular. Preliminarily, small strips are cut out of it, slightly larger than the nail plate. After drying the contour drawing, the matte side of the strip is applied to the nail and is suddenly torn off. Slightly uneven sections of silver (gold) create an exquisite effect.
The next stage of the technology contains elements of sculptural art. A special gel with a thick consistency helps to give the coating a different shape. In this case, a sphere is used that gives the stained glass window a bulge. This effect is also called a magnifying glass.
The final layer is a protective coating without dispersion.
Each application of the gel provides for mandatory drying under an ultraviolet lamp. The polymerization takes place at least 2 minutes. Subsequent strokes are done on a hard surface.
Gem Imitation Options
Judging by the numerous photos, the liquid stone casting technique will allow you to create an imitation of almost any gem and natural mineral on your nails - it all depends on the skill level and creative approach of the master.
But the following gems are especially popular:
- translucent emeralds,
- sapphires of various shades,
- juicy rubies
- rose quartz
- fine pearls
- luxurious turquoise
- iridescent malachite.
There are a lot of types of manicure using casting and liquid stones. First of all, they differ in the color and size of the stones used - whether it is a “ruby”, “amber” or “emerald”. Or maybe pearls will sparkle on the nails? The size of the jewelry also varies from 3 mm to the length allowed on the free edge of the nail. For competitive works, where the design is done on long and very long nails, specially built up for the competition, the stones can take the most bizarre shapes and sizes, as well as be combined in a combination of three, five or seven pieces.
Stones can be not only separate elements in nail design, but also act as an independent manicure. For example, the now popular marble on nails is nothing more than liquid stone. In the same technique, turquoise can be made - both bright blue and artificially aged greenish. Malachite with its veins and tints will look great. Jasper, pearls, even diamonds - all conditions are created for imagination! If the master of nail service is a real ace in his field, he will be able to do anything - from amber with pieces of sand to marble with gold streaks.
You can design on one nail, on two or even all - for example, marble or turquoise. The main thing is not to overdo it with an abundance of details and not to turn an exquisite and refined manicure into the hands of a Soviet saleswoman strewn with “stones” in the worst sense of this phrase. Even if you really like this type of design, you should take into account how appropriate it will be in your usual mode, whether it is acceptable with the dress code that exists in many organizations, whether you will feel comfortable with this manicure, whether it will excessive, and, of course, whether it suits your style and image. If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then you can wear liquid stones without looking at the opinions of others!
Short Nail Design
In 2019, the extended nail plate was replaced by a natural one. Short nails are, first of all, convenient. They do not cling to clothes, do not interfere with housework and child care.
Short nails can be of different shapes. Beautiful design looks good on oval, rectangular and even square plates. The wizard will help you choose the perfect size, depending on the pad, the length and thickness of the fingers.
Visually lengthen the shape of the nail by regularly removing the cuticle. The main requirement for short nails is grooming.
So that the patterns on short nails do not look funny and catchy, it is better to apply them on one specific nail. For example, highlighting the ring finger is a classic. The remaining nails should be monophonic.
Casting on all plates also looks beautiful, and beautiful liquid stones are on selected fingers. Even the standard jacket in combination with a rich emerald looks amazing.
Nails painted in the color of the stone look beautiful. While it is located on a different light background. For example, the depth of a pomegranate can be emphasized with the ombre technique in black and red.
Despite the fact that liquid stones can be applied on short nails, stylists still recommend building a plate and making an elegant manicure on a long nail plate. It is convenient for the master and looks more beautiful and spectacular.
The disadvantages of technology include weight. Although liquid stones are lighter than rhinestones, they still overload the nail and it deteriorates. This is another argument why it is better to apply the technique on artificial nails.
Advice!Visually lengthen short nails using vertical lines and patterns. Liquid stone is best placed on the tip of the plate.
Materials and tools for design
Imitation is carried out on the finished coating with gel polish. Accordingly, you will need a standard kit for performing coverage:
- Gel polish
- Top with or without dispersion
- UV or LED lamp
- File and buff
To draw the design of casting and applying a convex shape, three brushes will be required:
- Thin, called "hair"
- Beveled brush for drawing contours
- A small flat brush for structuring the polymer and filling large areas of the drawing with gel or paint
The design of liquid stones uses several techniques. You will need different materials to complete them. Here is a complete list that you adapt depending on the technique selected below:
- Ready composition "liquid stones" in a tube (optional)
- Black gel-paint or stained-glass gel-varnish for the basis of the drawing using the "casting" technique
- Gel paints or stained gel varnishes to create the desired color
- Camouflage base for jacket with gel polish (for opal)
- Foil colored, gray or golden and cut foil “broken glass”
- Modeling gel or acrylate for building, transparent or translucent, with a dense texture
- Holographic small spangles or crystals (for gel soldering)
- Rhinestones and broths for additional decor
- Stickers or shiny framing molds
Top can be used with or without a sticky layer. It is more convenient to use the product without a dispersion layer for the final coating, since when removing with a napkin, you can deform the picture or leave sticky areas in small cavities, which is fraught with dust accumulation and fading of the picture.
How to make liquid stones on nails? Consider several options for combining materials and ideas for designs.
This is another new design of bright summer nails, which is performed on a wet layer. In general, textures have become very popular. They do not require much time, which is important in the work of any master, and do not require special skills in art painting. These designs are a real find for beginners in the nail industry. Familiarize yourself with the simple technique of performing manicure with stones and feel free to offer it to your customers.
Most effectively these stones look on a white or black substrate. Camouflage is also recommended. You can cover the nail with a picture completely, or you can only partially, as shown in the photo above. In the latter case, casting, chromatic gel polish or thick spangles are suitable for framing the stone.
To create a manicure of stone color, you need to choose the appropriate shades. To do this, find on the Internet an illustration of a cut of a stone and select several shades of gel varnishes.
- Drip the main color onto the palette, then drip all the previously prepared colors alternately into the center of this drop. You will get color circles. Take a toothpick and swipe randomly several times over the colors to make a pattern.
- Scoop the resulting mixture with a flat brush, moving from right to left. A brush is like a “spatula”. The gel polish you have should lie on the brush on top.
- Put the brush on the nail so that the gel polish is on top and, slightly pressing, transfer the colors to the nail. Help them to spread out and complete the pattern with a thin brush, leading it along the wet color layer, so that the pattern looks like a cut of stone.
Here such a bright summer manicure can be created without much labor and time costs.
Liquid stones for natural and extended nails
The technique of casting liquid stones was originally developed for nails that had been grown using gel or acrylic, since it required a rather high density of the surface to be coated and a good length. Now it is actively used for natural nails, and a manicure made in this style looks pretty impressive on them and is not heavier.
Liquid stone on nails: a novelty of manicure and pedicure.
The only limitation in this case may be the length of the nail plate. Since to perform a high-quality drawing so that it does not blur when applied, a lot of free space is required.
How to do it right?
Before step-by-step describing the application of liquid stone on the nail, we dwell briefly on the materials that will be required for this (and there are quite a lot of them).
So, what kind of "helpers" are needed to work in the "casting" technique.
- Color gel base for french manicure.
- Gel protection (cannot be dispersed).
- Black gel polish, as well as a special paint for applying the contour of the stone. It is important to choose a contour paint so that foil is printed on it without problems.
- Gel with the effect of stained glass (needed to simulate a stone texture). Hue is selected depending on the simulated stone.
- A sculptural gel with a viscous texture.
- Brushes for nail art: angular to apply the base layer, “hair” for contouring and working - for applying the remaining layers.
- Manicure foil in gold or silver.
- UV lamp or LED lamp for gel polymerization.
Now let's move on to the technology of applying liquid stones on nails. How is this done?
- On each nail plate on which this type of design is planned to be made, a “smile” of French manicure is drawn. For this, an angled brush is suitable. After application, the layer is dried in a lamp.
- Next, apply gel protection and re-place your hands in the lamp to dry.
- After that, the preparatory stage for applying the design directly begins. With the help of a “brush” with the help of black gel, the planned pattern is applied. If you have no experience, you should not use too complex patterns. If you do not have enough imagination to create your own author’s pattern, you can take any necklace or brooch with rhinestones or stones and transfer the print to the nail plate. The place where the stone will be located is drawn especially carefully. Next, you should dry your nails again.
- After drying, the foil must be carefully applied to the painted pattern - silver or gold. This is done as follows: a piece of foil is taken in size coinciding with the nail plate, applied to the previously applied pattern, pressed with fingers and removed in one motion. This process is called "casting." So the "stone" is placed in a frame, respectively, gold or silver.
- Further, colored gels are applied along the contour of the “stone” blank. This is done with a thin brush. Sharp color transitions are unacceptable, overflows should look very smooth and neat. After this, the nails need to be dried again.
- Take the selected gel with a stained glass effect and use a “hair” brush to apply it on the resulting “stone”. So he will begin to overflow. Re-place the nails in the lamp.
- After this, you should proceed to the formation of the volume at the stone. This will help sculpting thick gel applied spherically. With this method of application, the optical effect of the “magnifier” is obtained, and the stone looks real and voluminous. The nail is again dried in the lamp.
- It remains only to apply the top with a base brush. The nail with the applied top should not have tubercles, hollows and dents, it should give a perfectly even glare. The top layer should again be dried in the lamp. Your design is ready.
We make a reservation that this method of application is basic. It requires considerable skill when applied, which is achieved only through practice. Therefore, if you want to do this design yourself, you need to prepare for the long journey of trial and error.
Liquid stones - the main trend of manicure
The design of nails in the form of liquid stones helps to make a manicure refined, refined. Expensive materials do not need to be used, so you can achieve beauty and brilliance even at home. Among the shortcomings of a fashionista distinguish:
- in beauty studios, the service is expensive, because tremendous hard work is done to create the effect of liquid stone,
- not every master knows how to perform perfect manicure, as the service is new and the technique is not yet familiar to everyone.
In the end result, what the stones look like is important. They should have a rich color, overflows, unique brilliance. Luxury adds imitation of green malachite, turquoise, raspberry and red ruby, rose quartz, all shades of sapphire.
The popularity of liquid stones in 2019 is off scale, so manufacturers of high-quality varnishes have developed suitable stained glass gels. CNI produces gel polishes that make it easy to create liquid stones. Great stained glass options can be found in the Nogtika product line. Specially designed varnishes for the design of liquid stones are produced by the brand Y.R.E. The lineup offers a wide selection of colors, so you can make any plate design.
MagikNail company offers to deviate from the basic rules and simplify the work of the master, where special stickers are offered that replace painstaking work with finished holographic stones.
It is quite difficult to compare manufacturers and their offers, since the use of gels and stickers leads to different times and final results. Regarding the cost, there are no similarities either. Therefore, each master should choose for himself: what material is more convenient for him to work with.
Advice!The guarantor of quality is confidence in the materials. Therefore, you need to use licensed drugs. Then the decor will be persistent and spectacular.
Basic design step-by-step instructions
This version was demonstrated by Ekaterina Miroshnichenko at the start of the trend and is very popular. It will also be easy to master for beginners in nail art.
You will need a thin hair brush to draw borders, a base gel or liquid stone gel, a combination of gel paints to create the effect and color of a precious mineral, fixing the top.
- An adhesive layer is removed from the finished gel-varnish coating and the gloss is removed by buff to provide better adhesion to subsequent materials.
- With a brilliant paint or gel polish, using a thin brush, a hair draws a border or "borders". The line should be voluminous, convex to hold the liquid gel.
- The polymer is mixed with paint, in this case with turquoise, and applied to the zone of future convexity within the rim.
- With a thin brush, light dots of azure paint are placed on the polymer and stains are mixed to achieve the effect of a natural mineral.
- We send to the lamp for 2 minutes or 30 seconds for ICE.
- We cover the imitation and its boundaries with a top without a dispersion layer. Sushim. If the top contains an adhesive layer, remove it with a lint-free cloth after the polymer has completely cooled.
Manicure with large stones and rhinestones
Volume 3D manicure with large stones and conical rhinestones is very popular in the summer months and in December, when evening New Year's design is in demand. In the fall and most of the winter, fingers decorated with stones and rhinestones are not relevant due to the fact that they simply do not allow gloves to be worn freely. A large stone can catch on clothes and come off. But in the warm spring and summer, when our pens are free, such a luxurious design comes in handy. Pebbles with an interesting cut shimmer very beautifully in the sun and make you attract attention.
The photo shows a luxurious red manicure inlaid with stones of different sizes. Additionally, you can use broths and pieces of tear-off foil.
In order for such a design to please its owner for a long time, the stones on the nails need to be well strengthened.
- You can lay out pebbles on a mixture consisting of finely divided acrylic powder and a rubber base. A sufficiently large drop of such material must be placed in the center of the nail and put the largest pebbles on it. Next, the first part of the composition must be well dried.
- Then with a brush dipped in a thick base, we circle large stones and frame them with small rhinestones, pixie crystals, broths or pieces of tear-off foil. Sushim. So that everything was firmly fixed, we additionally circle each pebble with a top.
In such a simple and quick way, you can lay out a beautiful composition of rhinestones, stones and any additional metal decor. Inlay with volumetric stones is most often done on long nails, because on short nails it can look bulky.
This section shows some unusual works.
- The combination of varnish with the effect of "cat's eye" and "marble" looks interesting and unbanal. Suitable for both going out and daily wear.
- The traditional jacket in combination with a large purple stone looks sophisticated and discreet. Suitable even for the most modest young ladies.
- "Opal" in a gold frame on very long nails looks really luxurious. It is possible only on acrylic nails, however, the result will justify all the efforts.
- Lunar manicure in combination with stones is original and even extravagant. Suitable for lovers of sports chic.
- The classic combination of scarlet, white and ruby is the choice of courageous women who are not afraid to be noticeable.
- "Malachite" looks great in manicure. In combination with appropriate jewelry will make you the star of any event.
For how to make nail designs using the "liquid stones" technique, see the next video.
Liquid stones in combination with the technique of "casting": step by step instructions
You can make a beautiful frame with imitation of metal monograms using the casting technique. It is based on drawing a picture with black gel paint, and then sealing the paint with colored or golden or silver foil.
To complete the design you will need: brush hair, black gel paint, golden foil, purple stained glass paint or colored purple gel, top and lamp.
- We carry out the design of the nails of the French, and paint the ring fingers with white gel polish, seal with a top.
- After drying in the lamp, we remove the sticky layer, and with the ring fingers remove the gloss of the buff.
- With black gel paint we draw a frame of polymer and monogram, dry in a lamp.
- We wipe the golden foil from the back with a cotton pad dipped in clinser, and then tightly apply to the paint.
- We cover the golden monograms with the top, dry in a lamp.
- In the center we spread the gel for building, mixed with purple stained glass paint or purple gel paint.
- We are waiting for the surface to level out. You can turn your hand with your nails down so that the polymer does not spread, but acquires an even volume.
- Dry in the lamp.
- We cover with a top, polymerized.
How to make a manicure yourself
The technique of performing liquid stones is rightfully considered one of the most complex and time-consuming. To achieve the desired effect, use professional materials and tools:
- bright art gels for drawing patterns,
- golden tear-off foil for beautiful casting,
- thick sculpted gel for bulk liquid stone,
- stained glass gel (the azure version looks good),
- brushes: natural up to 6 mm, angular up to 6 mm, hair up to 2 mm,
- dispersion-free protective gel for long-term coverage,
- UV lamp for drying each layer and fixing the result.
To perform a perfect manicure using the "liquid stones" technique, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions and after a while, tests and mistakes, the master will be able to make the design of the nail plate no worse than shown on the pages of glossy magazines.
A white gel polish is made out of the jacket after cleansing the nails and giving them the desired shape. It is fixed in a UV lamp for 1–2 minutes until it dries completely.
The plates are coated with a protective agent and drying is repeated under a UV lamp.
A variety of ornaments are created with black art gel as a basis for future casting. At this stage, it is recommended to use a hair brush. It allows you to make clear contours and lines. After a two-minute polymerization of the workpiece, a golden foil is applied to the nails. It must be firmly attached to the plate with a matte part and torn off with a sharp movement. This will make the ornament a golden color. You need to repeat the manipulation with each applied pattern. Upon completion, casting will be obtained.
Colored gels create a hole that will fix the stone. Ekaterina Miroshnichenko recommends using at least two shades for this, so that three-dimensional overflows under any kind of lighting are obtained. After two minutes of polymerization, a stained glass gel is applied, also in different tones. Only in this case will a multifaceted stone be obtained. The polymer is fixed by the standard method.
With a sculptural gel, you need to process the resulting plate so that the nail inlay looks realistic and aristocratic. A thin brush is suitable here. Again, dry the layer in the UV lamp. A stone is coated with a special gel, without dispersion, and the nails undergo a final UV treatment.
Such a manicure is considered unique, because it is impossible to repeat the exact design of the nail. Casting or stones always look different. Therefore, each fashionista will show her individuality and originality. If you choose the right color scheme, such a manicure will be an excellent addition to any style and image, including business.
You can also remove manicure made using the “liquid stones” technique as a regular gel polish. In a special solution, the nails are soaked and the polymer is removed without harming the appearance and structure of the plate. In rare cases, casting is removed by sawing.
Advice!After removing the fashionable nail design, it is recommended to perform a therapeutic manicure to strengthen and restore the structure of the nail plate.
Manicure with sparkles and stones.
Another express option for decorating nails with sparkles and stones can be useful to beginners. Also, it can often be found in salons. Sequins and rhinestones are in the arsenal of almost every master. So, on their basis, you can make in the literal sense of the word "brilliant" manicure.
In the photo there is a manicure with stones and decor with rhinestones of different diameters.
How to fasten rhinestones, you already know, so let's dwell on the implementation of light stretch sequins.
Apply color. Cover your nails with a thin layer of top. On the edge at the cuticle or from the end, you must carefully lay out a strip of dense glitter gel polish. A thin brush on the wet top of the top with vertical movements you need to stretch the sparkles. Due to the “wet” layer of the top, they should be well distributed over the surface. Dry the result and cover it with a finish layer of a glossy top, immediately laying out rhinestones.
The universality of this design lies in the free choice of the main color of gel polish. Black, blue, red tint, as well as brighter summer colors - yellow, orange and coral are perfect.
One of the more affordable embodiments of the "liquid stone" technique is recommended to be made on the basis of a French jacket.
- Draw with white gel the tip of the nail plate with a corner brush. Fix the result for 2 minutes under a UV lamp.
- Apply gel protection(without dispersion) and dry again under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Using a hair brush and black gel, draw a pattern using the molding technique (create the shape of an oval or circle under a stone). To dry.
- Using foil (under silver or gold) to process the applied contour. To do this, strips are cut out, slightly larger in size of the nails and superimposed on the plate with a dull side. After removing the strip with a sharp movement, the contour becomes framed with gold or silver.
- On an oval or circle, created by the contour lines under the stone, apply 2 colors of the gel: silver and yellow. Feather the border with a hair brush, making a smooth transition between tones. Dry under the llama.
- Spread with a brush stained glass gel into the inner part of the contour drawing.Depending on the desired effect, a color is chosen (for emerald - azure, for sapphire - silver). Dry with an ultraviolet lamp.
- Next layer from the sculpted gel to be applied in the form of a hemisphere. This creates the effect of a magnifying glass. Impregnation takes on the shape of a natural stone. To dry.
- Base brush to create protection using a dispersionless gel and for the final hardening of the surface, hold the nail for several minutes under an ultraviolet lamp.
Liquid stones framed by metallic or paper stickers with imitation of metal: step-by-step instructions
You can make a beautiful frame for the polymer with the help of ready-made metallized stickers or paper stickers with imitation of metal.
You will need: base gel, turquoise gel paint, sticker for the base, topcoat, brush.
- On a pre-coated gel polish and a buffed nail, carefully place the sticker in a drop of liquid gel or top.
- We also cover the edges with a top, polymerise in a lamp and remove the dispersion.
- Indentation in the sticker is stained with turquoise gel paint, polymerized.
- We spread the gel with a brush, give it a convex shape, and then we introduce droplets of turquoise paint and make stains, as in a natural mineral.
- We polymerize, cover with a top, remove the dispersion.
Stone Manicure Ideas
After watching the popular nail design techniques, let's move on to some ideas of fashionable manicure with stones, which will be relevant for the period 2019 - 2020. They are all standardly performed with gel polish using different decor and patterns.
The simplest design is to lay strips of rhinestones and larger stones in the form of a vertical strip. To stones looked beautiful and between them there were no glimpses of dark color gel polish, use a substrate of sparkles.
Do not forget that in the 2019-2020 season, nude coatings in the matte version remain in trend. They look great in combination with a beautiful inlay. The result is a neutral and at the same time richly decorated design.
Considering the latest manicure last winter, we have identified designs that will be relevant in the coming winter. These are various snowflakes, not painted, but with the help of a beautiful laying of stones, half beads and broths. It turns out a kind of symbiosis of drawing and inlay.
If we talk about a jacket with stones, now the shape is almond and oval with a slightly sharpened line of a smile. Since the French design gravitates more to the classics, they decorate it with the help of some simple elements. For example, large rhinestones located on a shimmering track of sequins.
Recently, inlay and transparent “liquid stones”, made in the form of some interesting drawings, have been popular. The photo depicts beetles and spiders, but it may well be something romantic and girlish like flowers or hearts.
To make a beautiful manicure with a stone texture, you can add a little mica and perform a drawing on a white translucent camouflage base. It will turn out gentle and at the same time deep.
You can also add metallic effect to marble manicure using silver or gold foil for casting. As a novelty, you can try to make marble in an unusual pink color and cover it with a matte finish.
Here is another idea of a silvery texture of a stone or shell, which can be accomplished using a holographic transparent foil or pigment “prism”. Manicure is performed in several layers:
- the first is to create a hologram effect,
- the second - darker stains in the wet,
- the third is lighter stains,
- the fourth is the outline drawing.
The latest example of stone texture nails is a combination of a blurry pattern, sparkles and glitter. Brilliant blotches create a 3D effect and flicker beautifully in the sun. Similar patterns look best on a camouflage base.
How to take off
The manicure is removed easily, you just need to purchase a special liquid. The tool does not harm the nail structure. And the process itself represents the soaking of the surface with the subsequent removal of layers. The procedure includes following the rules for removing a gel-coated manicure.
In addition to liquid, you will need foil, an orange stick and cotton pads. Do not do without care products.
The method of using a special machine or a hard file is also used. However, this method is painstaking, because you have to systematically clean layer by layer. In addition, there is a possibility of injury to the nail platinum. Therefore, it is better to refuse such a cardinal option.
After removing the manicure, it is necessary to improve the nails with the use of medical cosmetics.
Design according to the shape of the nails
The technique of liquid stone on nails, the photo of which is increasingly popular in specialized and fashionable glossy magazines, is used on extended and natural nails. Therefore, the design and size of the stone is selected by the master, depending on the shape of the nails.
You can cast the stone on round, square, pointed and oval nail plates, the main thing is that they are not too short. On almost any work surface, you can recreate miniature jewelry masterpieces that will delight the owner of this manicure.
Color foil design
The same emerald or turquoise effect can be created not with paint, but using colored foil in one of the shades.
Required: brush, gel black paint, foil, gel, crystals and metal broths for decoration.
- We apply two drops of black gel paint on the gel polish, polymerized.
- Press the turquoise foil back to get the color.
- We spread the volume with a gel, polymerized.
- We cover with a top and polymerize again.
- We remove the dispersion and decorate the stones with crystals and broths.
In order for the crystals to hold well, we smear the perimeter of the pattern with gel, we sit the crystals, and after polymerization we additionally go through the top along all the recesses, but not on the surface of the rhinestones.
Half-buns are recommended to be embedded into the top or base. If they are colored, it is better to cover them with a top at the finish stage so that the color does not wear out. If metal - you can not seal.
Advantages and disadvantages
- the design looks equally good on any nail plate,
- affordable execution technique,
- a wide range of colors makes it possible to create the effect of any stones that harmoniously combine with the background,
- the multi-layer and application of the gel material form a durable polymer coating that is resistant to mechanical damage,
- observing the rules for handling manicure, a presentable appearance lasts up to a month,
- liquid stones favorably complement an evening or holiday look,
- under the background of the sphere, you can use stickers (a cameo effect is obtained).
- for home use requires an ultraviolet lamp and a large amount of material,
- high price.
Design Ideas: Popular Decor and New Products
One of the most popular decors when using liquid stones is oriental motifs.which are performed in most cases on long square nails. Their tips are covered with gold, on which a plain pattern is applied with bright blue and turquoise gel.
In order not to overload the image, casting is done on only one nail, while not limited to one gem. At the base of the picture is a large turquoise stone, a bright red ruby is created a little further, and around them there are many small transparent emeralds that play the role of the frame of this “jewelry”.
New decor using liquid stones are original spring motifs. So on the nails of fashionistas appear emerald insects, ruby dragonflies, sapphire scorpions and butterflies, as well as luxurious peacock feathers, the “eye” of which is made of large and rich gems.
All these drawings are drawn in gold, and the background of the nail plate is selected with the most delicate pastel shades to focus on such an unusual contour of liquid stone.
Oriental style in drawing.
Casting liquid stones is gaining popularity, so the craftsmen are happy to experiment, creating jewelry masterpieces on the nails. Especially beautiful in combination with this technique are patterns in the oriental style, because they themselves are rich and luxurious, because they are made of "gold and jewelry."
And liquid stones allow you to achieve a stunning result, because the gems made on the nails look natural and bewitching, turning your fingertips into a luxurious oriental fabric embroidered with gold and covered with bright red, blue and green stones.
Liquid stones with a jacket
One of the simplest designs in this style are liquid stones with a jacket. Such a manicure looks elegant and gentle, especially if it is created to match the jewelry that a woman wears. Therefore, it is not too throw and is suitable for everyday life.
To complete this technique, you need to go through the following steps:
- Using a corner brush and white gel, draw a jacket on the tips of the nails and it is better to choose discreet, pastel shades.
- Dry your nails under the lamp.
- Apply gel protection and fix it under the lamp.
- Using a black gel and a thin brush, apply a pattern - the frame of any precious jewelry and dry your nails again.
- It is necessary to apply gilding on the nails using foil, gluing it and sharply removing it.
- The place for the stone should be covered with yellow and silver gel to create a color depth, drying each layer with a lamp.
- With a thin brush, coat the stone with colored stained gel using the desired shade and dry it again.
- To form the volume of the stone, a sculpted gel is applied to its surface, giving it the desired shape with a thin brush. Then dry the nails under the lamp so that the stone hardens.
- Now it remains to cover the entire surface of the nail with a finishing gel and dry the nails again.
Liquid stone for a wedding manicure
Each bride carefully thinks out her wedding image, and a special place is given to the fingers. By tradition, girls choose a French manicure - stylish and discreet, but with the advent of liquid stones, they began to increasingly resort to casting. At the same time, it is not worth decorating each nail with a gem, since the appearance of the bride should remain tender and not overloaded.
Therefore, most often they work with the ring finger, choosing not too bright stones - pearls, crystal, soft pink or white sapphires and they are framed exclusively in gold or silver to the tone of the engagement ring.
The cost of execution in the cabin and at home (average prices in Moscow)
The technique of liquid stone on the nails, the photo of which is considered the property and pride of any nail salon and the master in particular, is quite expensive. The average price of casting in the cabin is 400 rubles per nail. Performing this manicure at home will not be so costly - the craftsmen charge from 100 rubles per nail for their work.
Features of removal, how to remove a design with liquid stones?
This type of manicure looks spectacular and holds extremely firmly, so removing it is not easy. The main thing to keep in mind is that in no case can stones be removed from the nailsotherwise, their surface layer may be damaged.
To get rid of casting, you will have to use a special machine or a hard file, which you need to grind the pattern until it disappears. But in this case, a tiring and long work remains. And when there is no trace left of the stones, it remains to treat the nails with special solutions to remove the remnants of the gel.