Fungal diseases of the feet (mycosis) and toenails (onychomycosis) give a person a lot of trouble. In addition to the unpleasant appearance, pathology has a devastating effect on the human immune system. How to quickly cure nail fungus on the feet at home with folk remedies, everyone needs to know, because medical therapeutic methods do not always give a positive effect.
What is nail fungus
Onychomycosis is a contagious disease. The first sign of fungus is a slight discoloration of the nail plate. Instead of healthy nails of a pale pink tint, a person begins to grow dull or yellow. More often the fungus affects the big toes, but if it is not cured, it quickly spoils all the nail plates. Since the diseased nail becomes loose, it constantly breaks and crumbles. Falling particles are a source of onychomycosis infection in people around them.
How to treat toenail fungus
As medical practice shows, in order to quickly cure the nail fungus, it is necessary to approach the problem comprehensively. For effective treatment, you need to use antifungal drugs that remove the causative agent of an infectious disease. Since the fungus multiplies by spores that remain inactive in the growth zone of the nail for a long time, their destruction must be achieved.
As the nail grows, the spores become more active, causing an infectious process, so antifungal medication therapy is usually long. Modern methods of treating onychomycosis include:
- taking antimycotic drugs of systemic action,
- treatment of affected nail plates and surrounding tissues with local agents (ointments, varnishes, gels),
- taking medications that improve blood circulation in the peripheral tissues of the limbs,
- physiotherapy courses aimed at improving blood flow in the legs,
- folk remedies that help cure the infection.
How to quickly cure a toenail fungus, you need to know, because it is not always possible to consult a doctor. Therapy includes the use of antifungal medications inside and drugs that are applied directly to the damaged nail. Antimycotic ointments, gels, varnishes contribute to the destruction of the mycelium of the fungus in the scales of the nail platinum, removing the risks of re-infection and the spread of onychomycosis. The use of systemic and local antifungal therapy is considered mandatory, the rest of the treatment is optional.
At the first symptoms of the disease, ointments help fight the fungus on the toenails. The main purpose of using local preparations is to destroy mold and yeast that are on the surface of the nail plate. Based on the recommendations of dermatologists, the rating of ointments for onychomycosis is headed by:
- Clotrimazole. An effective drug that is applied 2-3 times / day to the affected nail zone and nearby areas of the foot. The duration of treatment depends on the degree of neglect of the disease. By cons, ointments include a contraindication for use in all trimesters of pregnancy.
- Ketoconazole Inexpensive medicine that quickly kills the fungus. Apply ointment to the affected areas 1 time / day. The course of therapy is from 4 to 6 weeks. Cons of use - possible side effects in the form of itching, burning, local edema.
Treatment of toenails with systemic medicines is performed with multiple antifungal drugs. Buying them at any pharmacy is easy, and the most popular among them are:
- Terbinafine. Pills help to quickly cure the infection thanks to the active substance of the same name. Terbinafine stops the reproduction of fungal cells, which leads to their death. You need to take the drug at 250 mg / day for 2-6 weeks. Minus of use - a large list of contraindications.
- Fluconazole The drug helps to cure onychomycosis in 1-2 weeks, since it is characterized by pronounced antifungal activity. The daily dosage varies from 200 to 400 mg per day, depending on the stage of nail damage. A negative effect may occur in case of improper administration of the drug: abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence.
Effective treatment of fungal infections of the nail platinum is carried out with special varnishes. The advantage of this antifungal agent is its high efficiency, because it, unlike a thick ointment, penetrates faster into the nail plate, destroying the spores of the fungus. The only negative is the high price. Among the most popular varnishes for onychomycosis are:
- Loceryl. Comes complete with nail files and tampons. It contains only 5% of the active substance, therefore it is effective only at the initial stage of the fungus.
- Batrafen. The most powerful tool among the presented line. It helps even with the advanced stage of the fungus. The peculiarity of the drug is a strict adherence to the dosage: apply the first month 1 time in 2 days, the second month - 2 times / week, the third - 1 time / week.
Antifungal creamy products for external use from ointments differ in a lighter consistency. Minus antimycotic creams - a relatively low efficiency, regardless of composition. Among the popular:
- Nizoral. Apply 1-2 times / day for 4-6 weeks. For the treatment of onychomycosis, it is used in complex therapy.
- Fungoterbin. Apply 1 time / day as a supplement to the systemic treatment of toenail fungus.
Nail fungus treatment at home
There are many recipes that help fight nail fungus at home. Many people use laundry soap to quickly cure the fungus, because it contains substances that have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and soothing effects. To remove onychomycosis, you need to daily treat the infected nails with a sponge, which is previously well rubbed with household soap. The exposure time is 15 minutes. To soften the nail platinum this time is enough. After infected nails and skin layers are cut as much as possible.
An effective remedy for onychomycosis is tea tree oil. It contains substances that provide anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects. The most effective treatment is using warm foot baths. To do this, pour water (45-50 degrees) into the basin, add 20 drops of tea tree oil, lower your legs there ankle-deep and steam for 15 minutes. Then wipe dry and, using scissors and a nail file, remove the affected areas of the nail plate. It is necessary to do medical procedures daily until getting rid of the fungus.
Folk remedies for toenail fungus
In the old days, onychomycosis was called a nail eater. A lot of grandmother's recipes have reached our times. The most effective treatment of nail fungus folk remedies:
- Tincture of celandine. To prepare it, you need to wash the fresh plant, dry, pour alcohol or vodka in a ratio of 1: 2. Tincture is ready for use after 2 weeks. It is used for baths, compresses, shoes are treated.
- Propolis solution. Sold in pharmacies. It helps to cure even a running fungus. It should be applied to a cotton swab, applied to a damaged nail at night, then put on warm socks. The components of the tincture contribute to the better penetration of propolis into the nail, providing an anti-inflammatory effect.
The fight against onychomycosis is effectively carried out using iodine tincture. Its action against infectious agents is based on the coagulation of their proteins, which leads to the destruction of cells of pathogenic microorganisms. The easiest way is to apply one drop of iodine (tincture) daily to the affected area. Judging by the reviews of people, the fungus disappears very quickly. For preventive purposes, nail platinum is treated with iodine every other day.
According to professionals involved in the treatment of onychomycosis, one of the most effective methods of getting rid of the disease is the use of garlic. It can be used both in monovariant and simultaneously with other substances. The use of spicy vegetable:
- treat the affected area with freshly squeezed garlic juice every day,
- impose garlic gruel overnight on an infected place, tie with bandages, glue with a band-aid,
- daily do therapeutic compresses from the mixture: 1 grated garlic clove, 1 tsp. table salt.
Acetic baths are highly effective in the treatment of onychomycosis. The essence creates an acidic environment inside the nail plate in which pathogens cannot multiply and grow. Thanks to this effect, they can quickly get rid of them. At the first appearance of symptoms of infection, it is necessary to pour warm water (50 degrees) into the pelvis, add homemade apple cider vinegar at the rate of 3 tbsp. l essences per 1 liter of water. Take a bath daily for 15 minutes. Before the procedure, you need to remove the entire keratinized layer with a nail file.
Dermatologists advise using hydrogen peroxide in the treatment of onychomycosis. However, before using it, you need to steam the legs in a solution of soda (per 1 liter of water 1 tsp. Soda). After that, a cotton pad (the size of the affected plate) soak in peroxide and attach to the damaged area. The cure will be faster if, in addition to this procedure, a few drops of the treatment fluid are dripped into the nail cavity 2-3 times / day.
How to treat a chronic fungus of toenails
In addition to the above methods, Kombucha will help to cure chronic onychomycosis. Before use, the legs must be steamed, wiped dry. A thin layer is separated from the fungus in advance, which is soaked in water for an hour. After the piece is cut off and applied at night to the infected nail. In the morning, the compress is removed, the dead parts are cut off, and the finger is washed with a solution of manganese. Another effective way is the use of fir oil. After soaking cotton wool in it, keep it on the nail plate for 40 minutes, after which the tampon should be removed and the legs wiped.
Removing the nail is the most painful way to get rid of onychomycosis. Although surgery is always a quick and effective result, but after there are risks of developing complications in the form of lymphadenitis, finger abscess, osteomyelitis. First, the nail is treated with an antiseptic, then a tourniquet and local anesthesia are applied. The nail plate is removed using a surgical instrument. The vacated bed is cleaned of destroyed tissues, treated with iodine and closed with a bandage with an antiseptic cream.
How can you quickly cure the nail fungus on the feet, if the drugs do not help - this is the question a person asks a doctor after several weeks of antifungal drug therapy. There is a quick and effective method of getting rid of onychomycosis using laser equipment. To remove the fungus helps the penetration of the infrared spectrum deep into the nail plate. In this case, the use of anesthesia is not required, since the procedure is painless. The process of removing the affected nail is not complicated:
- the day before the procedure, you need to steam your legs, cut off the surface of the infected nail plate as much as possible,
- before starting therapy, the patient is wearing safety glasses,
- the finger is treated with a special gel,
- laser cleaning is carried out, after the gel is removed,
- When contacting an unqualified specialist, complications may occur in the form of scars and burns in the area of the laser apparatus.
Causes and factors of fungus development
In medical practice, a steady definition of the factors that contribute to the development of toenail fungus has formed. That is why it is very important to carefully monitor your health in such categories of patients as:
- With injuries, corns, abrasions and cuts in the legs, which happens due to improperly selected shoes or individual cosmetic procedures,
- Which due to certain reasons cannot follow proper hygienic foot care,
- Immunocompromised or suppressed,
- Taking certain types of medications, including antibiotics,
- With excessive sweating of the feet and the whole body as a whole.
Even a neglected fungus can be cured at home. Just do not forget to smear once a day.
Often the infection comes from a relative with whom a person lives in the same room and uses common household items. The likelihood of infection is significantly increased in the case of the use of common towels, washcloths, bath mats.
That is why very often infection also occurs in some public institutions, where people encounter objects used by others. These are baths, saunas, gyms, pools and beaches. All these places are distinguished by high humidity, which is a favorable environment for the development of mycosis.
It is worth noting that the spores of the mushrooms are quite tenacious, as they can withstand both very high and extremely low temperatures. They are present even in beach sand, the ingress of which into small cracks in the legs causes fungus of the feet and nails.
Treatment with creams and ointments
Treatment of mycosis in the early stages of the disease, when it has not yet had time to acquire a severe form, is best done with external medicines. Antimiotics used externally can be of various forms of release - gels, powders, creams, varnishes, etc. The most common are ointments and creams.
Of the many drugs, clinical trials regarding PsoriControl are fairly straightforward. Seventy percent of medical institutions confirmed the effectiveness of the substance.
Ointment Nomidol +
An innovative remedy for combating fungus, only natural ingredients are included, which completely eliminates side effects. The active substances of the drug tend to accumulate in the body, which increases immunity and reduces the risks of re-infection. This tool is completely safe and allows you to quickly get rid of the fungus. You can buy the product at a discount on the Official website >>>
The opinion of doctors about the drug Read >>>
Other ointments for the most part include synthesized acids, which together with the fungus can damage healthy tissues and cause poisoning and pain.
Such substances are functional, since they eliminate mycosis of various origins, regardless of the type of fungus. It acts comprehensively, while the use is safe, especially when used externally.
The basis of the action of terbinafine is squalene - it destructively affects the fungus, blocks its reproduction and gradually leads to death, asphyxiation. Side effects are practically absent.
The most popular drugs with the substance:
The use of creams involves the lubrication of affected areas of the skin 1-2 times a day, it is better to rub the ointment a little. The course of treatment varies depending on the stage of the disease and the form of the fungus, but usually is 2-4 weeks. When applying ointments, terbinafine accumulates in the upper layers of the skin and destructively affects the fungus, after 4 hours there is a significant improvement in the condition of the skin.
Alternative and effective medicines for mycosis with other active ingredients:
- Zalain - it is necessary to lubricate the skin 2 times a day and continue the course of treatment for 2-4 weeks,
- Candide - the basis of the action is clotrimazole, which destroys the protective membranes of spores. It should be applied 2-3 times a day, but the course of treatment is long - 4-5 months,
- Nizoral - acts thanks to ketoconazole. A particularly effective anti-yeast agent. It is used once a day, the ointment is applied in a thin layer on the lesions and adjacent areas. The treatment lasts a month, but the cream should be applied one more after the symptoms are eliminated,
- Exoderyl is an equally effective preparation prepared on the basis of naphthyne hydrochloride. Twice a day, affected skin or nail is lubricated for 2-6 months.
There are universal remedies against many dermatological lesions: psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, etc. Here are the most famous and effective ointments:
- Salicylic Restores the skin and destroys the fungus when used with a frequency of 1-3 times a day. A distinctive feature is a quick course of treatment, 10-20 days,
- Zinc ointment is extremely popular due to the safety of exposure to the body. It can be used during pregnancy, lactation and children. Apply 4-5 times daily
- Sulfur. An effective substance that is used up to 7 days, applying to the skin 2 times a day.
As already mentioned, treatment depends on the form of the disease, accordingly, it is necessary to adhere to some recommendations to achieve maximum results.
- With the interdigital form of the fungus, usually the cream is applied 1-2 times a day. Symptoms disappear after 1-2 weeks, in some cases up to 4 x. Treatment should be continued for another 1 to 4 weeks, depending on the drug, in order to prevent a recurrence of the disease,
- With keratinization of the feet, it is necessary to cleanse the skin from peeling, excess tissue, and overgrown diseased nails before application. For this, you can use salicylic ointment, otherwise the substance will not penetrate into the deep layer of the dermis,
- The vesicular form requires preliminary treatment, the elimination of bubbles with liquid on the skin. To do this, open the blister and clean it of watery formations. The remaining ulcer should be treated with boric acid (2%). In more complex cases, corticosteroid creams may be used. The use of antimycotic ointments is prescribed only after the acute form is removed, then they are used as standard,
- The worn-out form is easily treatable, but often the fungus covers large areas of the skin, so you will have to use a lot of ointment. An alternative is the use of foam, which is easy to apply and provides a protective film for 24 hours.
The therapy is not always performed externally or locally, since with a wide lesion of the skin, nails, including on the hands, a more effective remedy may be required. Drug therapy affects the whole body and improvement comes from the inside of the body. Often, drug treatment is supplemented with ointments, but the interaction of drugs should be clarified by a specialist. Consider some of the most effective drugs:
- Lamisil in tablets - the medicine acts on the fungus, inhibiting its division and fermentation. As a result, due to a violation of the metabolism of parasites, fungi die. Treatment takes 2 months to achieve full recovery. But prolonged use can provoke side effects: inhibition of appetite, lack of taste in food, allergies, indigestion. Avoid the use of Lamisil during pregnancy, lactation, with sick kidneys, liver and hypersensitivity,
- Fluconazole - you need to take the medicine daily at 150 mg. After 4-5 days, the substance reaches the affected areas of the nail plate, and after 2 weeks a positive result from treatment is observed. In general, therapy takes a long time until new nails grow - 6-12 months,
- Itraconazole - has a wide spectrum of effects, helps to recover from most types of fungus. In this case, the medicine is known for its quick effect.
Varnishes have several reasons for use. The main one is the treatment of the disease, the elimination of the fungus. It is additionally used as cosmetics to hide the affected nail plates. The disadvantage is that it is not used for skin adjacent to the nail.
Loceryl is a varnish that helps to destroy mycosis, but only on the nails. Efficiency is achieved thanks to amorolfine - this is a modern substance from the class of antimiotics, the protective membrane of the infection is destroyed and synthesis, cell division is blocked. As amorolfine accumulates and gradually affects the fungus, it dies.
The use of varnish is simple - apply to the nail, only the liquid should be thoroughly rubbed to prevent the fungus from preserving in the cracks of the plate and the inter-plate tissue. In general, Loceryl is well absorbed. Active exposure is observed after 7 to 10 times.
The medicine has no side effects, the substance does not accumulate in the body, even using varnish for a long time.
Batrafen affects most types of fungus (a total of 58 forms), which is why the drug is often used without consulting a doctor. It is necessary to apply in this way: during the month, apply every other day, then a month 2 times a week, then limit it once a week. In total, the duration of treatment takes 6 months.
Laser therapy is a modern treatment of mycosis, due to the penetration of the infrared spectrum, radiation and death of the fungus are achieved. Of course, the procedure is not a panacea, but after 2 months the infection is completely eliminated and, what is important, painless. Applying such therapy eliminates the appearance of side effects.
To completely eliminate mycosis, it is necessary to undergo 6-10 procedures while adhering to an interval of 1 week. Before each procedure, you need to clean keratinized skin and steam your legs, hands.
Laser therapy is carried out only in clinics.
Treatment of nail fungus with pharmacy drugs
The tactics of treating the fungus should be determined by a dermatologist. On what tool is best used in each case, the vastness of the spread of the disease, its form, duration, as well as the presence of concomitant pathologies affects.
There are various in their action pharmacy products for the treatment of nail fungus, which can be used both separately from each other and in combination. The decision should be made only by the attending physician, since the methods of influencing the nail can also have side effects and some contraindications.
Quite popular and effective are various varnishes, sprays and solutions. Among them, the following drugs can be distinguished:
It is worth noting that the course of treatment with these drugs is often very long. They must be applied from several months to a year. More radical preparations include special patches for removing the affected nail:
These pharmacy products are not medicines, but only alternative ways of influencing the disease. They do not kill the fungus itself, therefore, but only accelerate the process of falling off the affected nail plate and stimulate the growth of a new one. Other drugs should be used with them. In the later stages, doctors recommend, in addition to local remedies, also to act on the fungus in a complex. For this, special antifungal pill preparations should be taken:
In addition to tablets, the affected nail should also be treated with certain ointments, creams and sprays. Dermatologists distinguish types with active substances:
- With sertoconazole.
There are alternative methods of influencing the fungus of the legs, which are not always supported by official medicine. Despite this, the reviews of those who used them speak of effectiveness. But it is best to be careful and carefully choose what to treat nail fungus.
How can I get a fungus
Fungus is a very contagious and difficult to treat disease. It is acquired in nature. In fact, you can get infected at any contact with spores that can remain on the surface for a very long time. There are 2 types of infection:
- Straight way. The fungus penetrates the soil, plants, contact with a sick person, and sometimes an animal,
- Indirect way. Through the use of objects that previously were in the everyday life of the patient and were infected.
Alternative methods of treatment
Since fungal lesions of the nails are quite common, there are many ways to treat them at home without high costs. Often, improvised products that are often found on everyone's household are suitable for this. The following methods of treating nail fungus are quite effective:
- Using detergent. The action of this method of eliminating nail fungus is based on the presence in the powder of alkalis, which are an unfavorable environment for the existence of pathogens. First you need to dissolve one hundred grams in hot or warm water. After that, feet should be soared in this solution. The pores of the skin will gradually open, due to which the powder will pass through them, killing the fungus. Completely all the symptoms of the disease disappear in a week, but it is better to use this method for ten days to consolidate the result.
- It is also good to treat nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide. Before using it, you need to steam your feet in hot water. It is best to add a small amount of baking soda to the liquid - 1 teaspoon is used per 1 liter. After steaming, a cotton wool moistened with peroxide should be placed on the affected areas of the skin and on the nail itself. After that, wrap it with cellophane for 45-60 minutes. Depending on how much the disease has progressed, the course of such procedures can range from two weeks to several months. During the day, you can optionally pour a few drops of peroxide into the nail cavity.
- Well established in the fight against nail fungus garlic. To apply the method, one of its cloves should be dipped in ordinary edible salt, and then rub it with a painful place. And also from this product you can cook special gruel for applying, similar to those used with peroxide.
- Diluted one tablespoon of ammonia in 200 milliliters of plain water can help eliminate the fungal disease. In such a solution should be dipped cotton cloth, which wrap the affected areas overnight.
- I use baking soda to prevent the spread of infection. One hundred grams of this substance is poured with a small amount of water until gruel is formed, which is applied to the diseased nail for 10 to 20 minutes. After it dries, it should be washed off with warm water, and the nails themselves should be slightly dusted.
- As a prevention of infection, mixtures of herbs are used. To do this, mint, sage, nettle and chamomile are mixed in equal amounts. This mixture should be put in socks, which are changed every day. In summer, it is best to use fresh herbs rather than dried ones.
- It’s good to use baths from water, glycerin, iodine and vinegar to treat nail fungus. There should be twice as much water as all other components combined. Before going to bed, you should soar your feet in such a liquid for about 15 minutes, which will help to cure the unreleased stage of the disease within 10 days.
- At the initial stages of the development of the fungus, when the infection has not yet managed to hit the nail, you can use cotton compresses with ethyl alcohol. They should be inserted between the fingers at bedtime for two weeks.
- Onions can help in the treatment of nail fungus. It must be finely ground before use, after which the resulting slurry should be applied to the affected areas.
- Boric acid is effective against nail fungus. It should be dusted with powder before bedtime, and then put on socks. Before this procedure, the feet should be steamed well, preferably in very hot water. The course of application of this method is only 8 to 10 days.
Symptoms of nail fungus can be quite diverse. The most popular and first signs of this disease is dryness and peeling of the skin around the nail. Often over time, redness and swelling occurs.
Gradually, as the disease develops, the shape and color of the nail plate changes. After some time, stripes and spots appear. Often they have a yellow tint, although they can change it to completely different ones, including dark ones. As the disease progresses, the nail gradually breaks down, becoming very brittle.
All manifestations of onychomycosis depend on the form of the course of the disease, among which the following types can be distinguished:
- Vesicular - the lesion starts from the bottom of the foot. At first there are swellings and blisters with a clear liquid, gradually capturing healthy areas of the skin, as well as affecting the nail. Often a bacterial infection joins the fungus.
- Membrane - begins between the little finger and the penultimate toe. Redness, itching and the formation of scales often occur. More pronounced symptoms can be triggered by the addition of bacteria.
- Moccasin-like - the lesion starts from the sole, where it is often localized on the heel. A person feels pain. They appear due to thickening of the skin and the appearance of cracks.
Any of the above types of mycosis without treatment goes to the nails. If you do not take any action for a long time, the nail plates can completely fall out of your bed. In other cases, removal of a damaged nail may be recommended. To avoid this, you need to consult a dermatologist as soon as possible. It is he who must determine the cause of the disease and recommend the necessary course of treatment to eliminate it.
How to treat toenail fungus
Fungus on the legs is one of the most common diseases; up to 70% of the world's people suffer from it throughout their lives. Mycosis of the feet affects regardless of race, genetics, age and many other indicators, which is why it has become widespread.
On the legs, mycosis is of several types:
- Interdigital - the fungus is localized between the fingers,
- Squamous – hyperkeratotic is mycosis, which provokes the growth of skin layers mainly on the foot,
- Vesicular - a rather rare species, it contributes to the formation of blisters with fluid inside. It gradually becomes cloudy, then the bubble bursts and an ulcer forms,
- Erased form - has minor symptoms, peeling on the skin is observed, which may crack a little. Such manifestations are not always noticeable.
Based on the type of disease, treatment should also be selected, since the species are significantly different from each other, which can make the drug useless.
Propolis is known for its antimycotic effect on the body, from it you can prepare a variety of effective medicines. It is usually used in the form of baths, tinctures, ointments.
Baths are simple to use - in a container to collect hot water and add 1 tbsp. l propolis. Stir and place hands or feet in it for 10 minutes. Then clear of keratinized skin and propolis can be applied for 30 minutes to the foci.
Ointment, propolis oil is sold ready-made - must be applied 1 time before bedtime and again in the morning on the nail and adjacent skin.
Treatment of ASD 3 fraction
This substance has a very high level of exposure to various bacteria, including the mycotic type. The tool refers to strong adaptogens that penetrate under the skin (nail) and overcome the barriers of bacteria, destroying them from the inside.
In this case, the drug is safe for humans and has no side effects, is well perceived by the body.
It is used as a compress that is wetted with the drug and vegetable oil. Keep 3 hours, should be used three times a day.
The fungus is afraid of acid, so vinegar acts effectively, eliminating spores. The most commonly used lotions with vinegar:
- 2 tbsp. l vinegar and 2 tbsp. l mix vodka,
- Add 3 egg whites or 1 tbsp. l glycerin
- It is necessary to moisten gauze in the evening in a homogeneous mixture and apply for 15 minutes to the nail,
- Remove the gauze and repeat the procedure.
Tea tree oil
A natural antiseptic substance - tea tree is actively used to treat fungus. For therapy, 100% oil is used. The procedure is quite simple, you need:
- Steam your feet in warm water, while adding 5 stone oil,
- Apply a thin layer on the nails and the affected skin, it is better to rub it a little. With increased skin sensitivity, the substance should be diluted with vegetable oil 1 to 1. It is necessary to leave the liquid until completely absorbed,
- Repeat the procedure twice a day for 2 months.
Celandine is famous for its antiseptic effect on the skin and everyone should know about it. How to use it effectively with a fungus is not always obvious:
- Steam the legs in a soda bath, 3 liters of water per 1 tbsp. l soda
- Wipe your nails and skin dry
- Then, with a cotton swab, apply oil from celandine (sold in any pharmacy),
- The procedure is performed every day for 2 months.
You can also lubricate the nail with fresh celandine juice twice a day. When using the recipe, the nail becomes orange, which is difficult to remove.
One of the simplest and most effective recipes is an alcoholic solution of iodine. It cauterizes the fungus and gradually leads to its destruction. It is necessary to apply a 5% solution to the nail twice a day, 1 drop. Adjacent nails should also be treated, even if they are healthy. With the onset of burning, reduce the frequency of use of iodine. The course of treatment is 20 to 30 days.
- It should be diluted in a glass of 1 tbsp. l alcohol
- Immerse the bandage in the solution,
- Wrap the nail with a dampened bandage, wrap polyethylene on top and fix it.
Soda is used as an adjuvant, usually to clean the skin of growths. The bath is prepared at the rate of 1 tbsp. l to 2 liters of water. The skin and nail are immersed in warm water and then cleaned.
To remove the nail, substances such as Onihoplast, Oxoplast and Mikospor are mainly used. They soften the nail plate and allow it to be removed.
It must be applied to the skin 1 time per day with a thin layer, lightly rubbing. Then they go to the clinic or at least to the pedicure salon.
It is usually easy to determine the presence of fungus on the nails:
- Pay attention to the color of the nail plate, it can change to any shade, most often heterogeneous,
- The plate becomes rough
- The nail may peel
- Nail dullness
- Burrs form much more often,
- Peeling on the feet or between the toes,
- Destruction, nail crumbling.
Performing prophylaxis can avoid mycosis:
- To exclude contact of legs with a floor in public places,
- Apply protective creams,
- Disinfect shoes monthly
- Consume vitamin complexes,
- Eliminate or reduce the amount of alcohol
- Disinfect the bathroom,
- Boil the laundry
- Do not wear another person’s clothing or use manicure accessories,
- Cure fungus in all family members,
- Every 1 - 1.5 months, do a pedicure,
If at home the fungus carrier
To prevent the appearance of the fungus, it is necessary to carry out timely disinfection of shoes and clothing. The main source of mycosis infection is the family. It is important that everyone is cured of mycosis.
Periodically perform wet cleaning in the house, it is better to use disinfectants. Especially favorable microflora in the bathroom, attention should be paid to its care.
Nail fungus is a difficult disease to treat, and there are a lot of methods of exposure to it. Depending on the form of the disease and the neglect of its course, you can choose the optimal treatment option. Fully following all the recommendations of doctors, soon you can feel significant improvements, which in the future will lead to a complete cure.
Do you still think that it’s difficult to quickly get rid of the fungus?
The advanced stage of the disease can cause irreversible effects, such as: gangrene, blood poisoning. Often a person’s life with an advanced stage can be saved only by amputation of a limb.
In no case should you start the disease!
A very good article on this subject was published by the famous doctor, doctor of medical sciences of Russia Myasnikov Alexander Leonidovich.